Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

rolo_tomachi 07-22-2020 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1265784)
The problem is, his politics are driving his music.

Jon would definitely throw his hat in the political ring if he could. He just doesn't want all the dirt outed from his early rock star days.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

If that's what the artist feels at the moment, and can connect people ... why not?

Talking about politics is not the problem.

Rdkopper 07-22-2020 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265785)
If that's what the artist feels at the moment, and can connect people ... why not?

Talking about politics is not the problem.

Because the results are not good, it's one sided, and there is another agenda involved.

TheOriginalJez 07-22-2020 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1265774)
Well, far be it from me to imply that Jon would ever say anything that isn't 100% the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth... :rolleyes:

But, dang it, now you've got me wondering why "his now deleted tweet" was deleted. :p:)

Speaking more seriously, though, it's no secret that I believe there's been a lot less band involvement on the album than Jon wants us to think. The other guys may, in fact, be playing on all the songs. But even so, I'm not sure if that means they have a lot of creative input; or if they're just overdubbing parts that Jon and Shanks have basically preordained.

Did you see the It's My Life thing they did where Phil didn't show up until the solo? If there's a decent solo in this song then I'll agree on that point. Everyone just did their little bit. But at this point I don't think Hugh's played bass and I don't think Tico's played drums. I haven't heard ANY keys to suggest Dave's involved at all.

It's not just creative differences it's just a lacklustre performance all round on that 30 seconds.

faith1985 07-22-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1265784)
The problem is, his politics are driving his music.

Jon would definitely throw his hat in the political ring if he could. He just doesn't want all the dirt outed from his early rock star days.

Again....where is he refering to politics? Maybe it is just what he believes in. And what he believes in he writes about. If I were able to write songs, I would write songs like American Reckoning as well. Do You also say Tom Morello onky has a political agenda?

faith1985 07-22-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1265786)
Because the results are not good, it's one sided, and there is another agenda involved.

That is your opinion, not a fact

faith1985 07-22-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265780)
Well, I'll give you my opinion about it. I don't care what Jon is like at all, good person? Bad person? Whatever it is, I'm just here for the music, and it was always like that.

A lot of artists do good acts of charity, that's fine, don't get me wrong, I just don't like to idealize an artist for these things.

And about this, I gave my opinion on these two songs (DWYC and AR), and it seemed like a good idea, especially since it is perfect to fit it with his new album.

I was not saying you were:-)

I do not like to idolize people either but saying he is greedy, a liar, etc is just the same but in a negative way. It is taking away the complexity of a human being

rolo_tomachi 07-22-2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1265790)
I was not saying you were:-)

I do not like to idolize people either but saying he is greedy, a liar, etc is just the same but in a negative way. It is taking away the complexity of a human being

Touche. :)

You hunted me. Maybe I get to hit too hard sometimes, but it goes away. And this happens because I see a lot of idealization for things that ... ok, they are fine, but sometimes the focus of the most important thing is lost, the music.

I love Jon, I think the guy has a good heart, but like any great artist, the ego makes him lose many battles or subtract at many times.

We are in 2020, and he keep releasing music, I just hug him.

Captain_jovi 07-22-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOriginalJez (Post 1265787)
But at this point I don't think Hugh's played bass and I don't think Tico's played drums.

Why not? What are people basing that on?

rolo_tomachi 07-22-2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265792)
Why not? What are people basing that on?

Well, I think that the fact that we think or have doubts about how and with whom these songs has been recorded, is already a bad sign of what BJ has become as a band.

I would like to know how we got to this point, I mean, the exact moment where Jon preferred to record without his band (or without some of the members) on the albums.And what was the real reason for all this. Maybe lack of commitment from the rest of the band? Maybe Jon doesn't want to disturb them and just leaves them more time with his family before going back on a massive tour? Maybe creative differences? make everything easier? This had to happen sometime in 2004/2009 and then it got worse.

Rdkopper 07-22-2020 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1265793)
Well, I think that the fact that we think or have doubts about how and with whom these songs has been recorded, is already a bad sign of what BJ has become as a band.

I would like to know how we got to this point, I mean, the exact moment where Jon preferred to record without his band (or without some of the members) on the albums.And what was the real reason for all this. Maybe lack of commitment from the rest of the band? Maybe Jon doesn't want to disturb them and just leaves them more time with his family before going back on a massive tour? Maybe creative differences? make everything easier? This had to happen sometime in 2004/2009 and then it got worse.

It's just like everything else in life. Priorities shift, music changes, technology takes over, short cuts become the new normal.

Cost also becomes a factor. I don't think Shanks charges Jon more to lay down a standard bass track and use a drum kit on a song that really has no main purpose.

And let's not forget that without Richie, it's no longer Bon Jovi the band. It's now the Jon Bon Jovi band featuring Dave and Tico when needed. Mainly for touring and playing the old stuff.

Finally, you need to understand Jon lingo. When Jon says he's recording Do What You Can with the band. He's not talking in a literal sense. He's not calling Phil, Hugh, Dave, and Tico. It's an easy way of saying that it's not some JBJ acoustic song. It's going to be recorded with instruments and produced as a real song.

The rule of thumb is, you need to go into everything with low expectations and hope to be surprised with the final result.

Overall, of the 4 songs we've heard from the new album, I don't hate them. They will never compare to the classics. It's all just repeat and recycle but I'm still happy to get new music. Sure they get old quick but they blend nice in a shuffle. I'm hopeful that there will be a few on the new album that I'll like. There always are.

I can pick four songs from each album (Burning Bridges, What About Now, and This House Is Not For Sale) and make a good playlist to enjoy.