Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

steel_horse75 07-24-2020 09:05 AM

[QUOTE=burni;1265911]

I think, he does what he can, because he can't do what he used to do... QUOTE]

Actually youve given me an idea....these lyrics work better...sing to the tune of the song...

I do what I do because I cant do what I did,
Richies gone, it just me and shanks coming up with this shit.
I dont ask the band for input and I love theres no guitar, the 4 songs from 2020 have been utterly shit so far.
I write all the songs and its only me on the cover, bon jovi 2020 is my solo album under the bon jovi banner.
I do what I do because I cant do what I did and you'll all moan its no Keep the faith and still buy this shit.

Yes much better. But I would have a solo [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Jack27 07-24-2020 10:31 AM

Jon has just been on Radio 2 in the UK promoting the song. He said it was recorded 6 weeks ago. He flew to LA to meet co-producer John Shanks, as he has a home studio there. Tico, Hugh, myself, John and Phil (no Dave) recorded the song.

steel_horse75 07-24-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1265917)
Jon has just been on Radio 2 in the UK promoting the song. He said it was recorded 6 weeks ago. He flew to LA to meet co-producer John Shanks, as he has a home studio there. Tico, Hugh, myself, John and Phil (no Dave) recorded the song.

Yeah just heard it. I dont believe him.

Faceman 07-24-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1265915)

Actually youve given me an idea....these lyrics work better...sing to the tune of the song...

I do what I do because I cant do what I did,
Richies gone, it just me and shanks coming up with this shit.
I dont ask the band for input and I love theres no guitar, the 4 songs from 2020 have been utterly shit so far.
I write all the songs and its only me on the cover, bon jovi 2020 is my solo album under the bon jovi banner.
I do what I do because I cant do what I did and you'll all moan its no Keep the faith and still buy this shit.

Yes much better. But I would have a solo [emoji16]

Awesome! :D

Jovi98 07-24-2020 02:08 PM

I hope we'll can hear also Luv Can and Shine, but I'm afraid we'll never hear them...

Maybe as bonus tracks we'll hear them....

pudge104 07-24-2020 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1265926)
I hope we'll can hear also Luv Can and Shine, but I'm afraid we'll never hear them...

Maybe as bonus tracks we'll hear them....

They are probably the 2 bonus tracks on the Japanese version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 07-24-2020 02:34 PM

Mistake Number 1 was calling the album 2020 and publicly stating that it's an election year...

"Socially Conscious"! I'd rather Jon write a song called I Hate Trump over some Socially Conscious Passive Aggressive album with an agenda. That's why his release date won't pass November.

He needs to kiss the asses of all these political hacks who use him for his celebrity.

The two singles promoting the album have cowriters, everything else Jon wrote himself. I find that interesting. Is it because he knows it's not worth paying a cowriter to write fillers or because Jon has so much to say.

This will back fire and based on the comments I'm reading, it's already starting to.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Eveline 07-24-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1265920)
Awesome! :D

Haha I've actually sung those 'lyrics' 😂😂

steel_horse75 07-24-2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1265930)
Haha I've actually sung those 'lyrics' [emoji23][emoji23]

Thanks. [emoji16]

Jonty 07-24-2020 02:59 PM

So listened to it for the first time last night on the youtube link. It’s alright. Not great, not crap. At least I am not listening to lyrics like brushing my teeth like in Limitless. But unfortunately for it, the next video came on and it was a live version of Always with Richie and Jon on form and sadly the new song is sooooo far off the big hits, it is actually crazy to compare them.

Are we likely to ever get a Prayer or Always again, no. Does the world of music even allow for such hits any more, I am not sure tbh.

Far as I am concerned, the band is where it is now and I just have to accept that. I watched Richie at the Rock n roll hall of fame last night and it was sad. He was able to play the new song at the time right away, he and Jon genuinely seemed to still respect each other, have that brothership there but at the moment (and perhaps forever) Richie is not in the band. All this, we need Richie back…..we know!! Even his backing vocals would make American Reckoning sound more soulful but he aint there so no point continually mentioning it. Slane and New Jersey for me in 2013 were so disappointing with Richie gone cos it was a shock but seeing the band at Wembley last year, I loved it. Phil is great, he is different but he just has fun and that is a BJ concert. Whether he would have any fun playing any of these first four songs……I doubt it but this is where BJ is currently and it is not going to change.

Funny, the new songs still catch enough that I am humming them randomly (as out of tune as Jon sometimes is lol!) without hearing them recently but I will just listen to the album when it comes out, move a couple of favourites on the Ipod and that will be it……like a number of bands nowadays.

The only annoying thing is, like already raised by others, is the dropping of two songs. Just make it a 12 song album.