Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Faceman 08-22-2020 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1266399)
"Very proud of this album.
October the 2nd.
Not tour dates unfortunately.
But we're planing to film, pay attention people,
we're planing to film the album in its entirety for television broadcast and certainly on the internet.

So you're able to see the record that we made.
And we'll be doing it very very soon."

Sorry, but this doesn't sound like a random live show. It seems that they will be shooting images to accompany the songs on the album. Although I could be wrong.

To me it sounds exactly like this: Playing the album in its entirety and filming it. It's exactly the kind of wording Jon uses when he wants to play a full album.
Anything else wouldn't make any sense either. Shooting "some images" for television? Who wants to see that? And making a full movie with a story line already tanked with Destination Anywhere. Since the record company doesn't spend too much money for a good single video they definitely won't pay for a full movie.
Honestly guys, this discussion is senseless.

faith1985 08-22-2020 10:44 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEM-u9MA...=1oo2cxxksh24h

GabrielC 08-23-2020 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1266410)

Ooooooohhh, talkbox!

steel_horse75 08-23-2020 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1266410)

All those guitars yet the 4 songs weve heard so far barely has any guitars in them. Cant imagine the 6 we haven't heard are all balls out Rockers.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 08-23-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1266391)
He was probably referring to Jon performing Lost Highway in its entirety (also during tour concerts) went over like a lead balloon due to the many slow songs.

With THINFS, I found it somewhat interesting due to the personal stories inbetween, but from what I've heard thus far, I fear it's going to be rather dragging because of the slow-paced songs this time around.

Yeah agree.

Lost highway live in full was good (even though album has a few too many slow songs) but the band were still decent then and jon could still sing. With 2020 there's already 4 songs im skipping.

I have a feeling 2020 will be autotuned to hell and cut to make the band sound half decent.

Jack27 08-23-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1266414)
Yeah agree.

Lost highway live in full was good (even though album has a few too many slow songs) but the band were still decent then and jon could still sing. With 2020 there's already 4 songs im skipping.

I have a feeling 2020 will be autotuned to hell and cut to make the band sound half decent.

As long as it's in line with the other live performances we've had over lockdown I'm not really bothered about the autotune/mixing as the performances have sounded decent.

Supersonic 08-23-2020 02:37 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1266409)
And making a full movie with a story line already tanked with Destination Anywhere.

You can't compare the release of a VHS with the way videos are distributed nowadays.

As for the rest; I don't think any one cares and these things are just vanity projects for Jon Bon Jovi to constantly prove to himself that he's still got it because really, what else is he going to do? It's admirable to see him constantly try but a little embarassing to see there's no one talking him out of it considering the constantly mediocre results. During last time's live event for J̶o̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶r̶o̶s̶e̶ charity he was outshined by a session guitarist.

But then again... There's suddenly people on this board thinking Lost Highway in full was good and the last performances are decent so there's always that.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Butters 08-23-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1266416)
Aloha !

You can't compare the release of a VHS with the way videos are distributed nowadays.

As for the rest; I don't think any one cares and these things are just vanity projects for Jon Bon Jovi to constantly prove to himself that he's still got it because really, what else is he going to do? It's admirable to see him constantly try but a little embarassing to see there's no one talking him out of it considering the constantly mediocre results. During last time's live event for J̶o̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶r̶o̶s̶e̶ charity he was outshined by a session guitarist.

But then again... There's suddenly people on this board thinking Lost Highway in full was good and the last performances are decent so there's always that.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

The wine concert was only decent in relative terms. There is no way to argue that it was a good performance in actuality. Jon voice was still very, very bad.

The Lost Highway DVD is a good product. At the time it was pretty original in that (with the exception of TLFR which doesn't really count) the band had not performed one of their albums live and in full. The performance was also very good. Some of the performances on that DVD are arguably among the best performances of those songs.

If they produce a concert like Bruce did for Darkness in the Edge of Town without an audience, it could be good.

Faceman 08-23-2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1266416)

Why? Because back then people were willing to really buy a physical copy if they were interested?

In 1997 at least in Europe Jon was a superstar. Even that didn't help to make it a hit.
In 2020 Jon is an old, former rockstar who desperately tries to be relevant but actually besides some group of die-hards no-one cares.
So your point of distribution ways for videos is nonsense. It wouldn't change anything either way.

bonjovi90 08-23-2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1266418)
In 2020 Jon is an old, former rockstar who desperately tries to be relevant but actually besides some group of die-hards no-one cares.

That's, unfortunately, really more true than ever.
Last week, I was wearing a KTF shirt one day and got asked twice by colleagues: "Are they actually still making music or are they retired by now?"
That being said, one of them actually saw them on the KTF tour and one of them around the Crush era I think. Both into rock music and none of them having any idea Bon Jovi was still releasing albums.