Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

YOVANAfromPeru 08-29-2019 12:57 PM

As bonjovi90 I think the title can be interpreted in different meanings... lol
Javier, when he said about “worse” maybe he meant he can’t be worse than Donald Trump... jijijij
And I agree with Thinny, I don’t want Walls sound either, with lyrics I’m okay for example Bullet but give some more rock songs!!!!
We’ll see...
btw Does anybody read Supersonic posts? I mean me I like to read not too long and easy posts... just saying.
PS I still thinking in Rdkopper. Damn! >_<

Jeeper 08-29-2019 01:13 PM

Jon is a notorious stretcher of the truth, so take whatever he says with a generous pinch of salt.

That said, I’m intrigued that he says it’s very different. Phil also said he prefers this forthcoming album to THINFS.

I’m all for a change in direction. Doesn’t bother me in the slightest were he draws his inspiration as long as the songs are good.

Also not arsed what the album is called.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

semigoodlooking 08-29-2019 01:19 PM

I never thought This House was a bad album objectively, it just isn't what I want so I dropped it failry quickly. This is going to be the same musically, but with the lyrical content of WAN or The Circle.

I think we are at the stage of acceptance where the odds are a Bon Jovi album will not be what most of us want. That said, Jon has seemingly decided he will do what he wants and has enough blind followers to make a living from it.

Unfortunately, what he wants is based on his notion that he has something important to say. As a businessman and maybe as a politician, perhaps he does, but as a songwriter he contributes nothing to social critique, debate, or understanding. As such, for maximum success he should ditch those themes.

Of course, he doesn't need maximum success these days, so is content to churn out the music he has been and still receiving enough fawning from some fans and enough support from casuals to justify it.

steel_horse75 08-29-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1258518)
I never thought This House was a bad album objectively, it just isn't what I want so I dropped it failry quickly. This is going to be the same musically, but with the lyrical content of WAN or The Circle.

I think we are at the stage of acceptance where the odds are a Bon Jovi album will not be what most of us want. That said, Jon has seemingly decided he will do what he wants and has enough blind followers to make a living from it.

Unfortunately, what he wants is based on his notion that he has something important to say. As a businessman and maybe as a politician, perhaps he does, but as a songwriter he contributes nothing to social critique, debate, or understanding. As such, for maximum success he should ditch those themes.

Of course, he doesn't need maximum success these days, so is content to churn out the music he has been and still receiving enough fawning from some fans and enough support from casuals to justify it.

Good point. The mans worth millions and has earned it but when he sings about the hard times, people losing jobs and everything's a struggle. Its hard to hear from a guy that sells tickets in a gold circle for over £300 each and a cruise that cost over £2500 each without the flights to get you there!
Work for the working man indeed!

semigoodlooking 08-29-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1258519)
Good point. The mans worth millions and has earned it but when he sings about the hard times, people losing jobs and everything's a struggle. Its hard to hear from a guy that sells tickets in a gold circle for over £300 each and a cruise that cost over £2500 each without the flights to get you there!
Work for the working man indeed!

That's part of the problem. There are songwriters worth millions who tap into social issues successfully. One of Jon's problems as a writer is instead of shining a mirror on social issues, he writes as if he is in the same issues as people.

However, the problem with Jon's social-focused songs is also that he is not a good enough songwriter to pull them off. Perhaps that's unfair and it would be better to say he is not that type of songwriter. His strength was always being able to tap into peoples emotions in a time and a place.

That's why a song like When We Were Beautiful says more to fans than a song like Work for the Working Man.

Jonty 08-29-2019 02:54 PM

I'm going with 20/20 vision as he notes he is now seeing more clearly after This House. Voice might be shot but at least the eyesight is still good!

I'm more curious - a rare performance of Thank you for loving me.....now why didn't he play that instead of Amen during the last tour!!?

PanosBonJovi 08-29-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1258515)
Which part of "Now I have clear vision..." did you not get? :p:)

As in 20/20...

He has a clear vision about the band. THINFS was about Richie's departure and the band's future. Now he can see the future of the band clearer.

Eveline 08-29-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1258530)
He has a clear vision about the band. THINFS was about Richie's departure and the band's future. Now he can see the future of the band clearer.

SO it goes the full CIRCLE to WHAT ABOUT NOW :rolleyes:

Thinny 08-29-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1258530)

Which is exactly what 20/20 means...

LeaJovi 08-29-2019 04:43 PM

Very different as in I got a new singer for it?