Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Rdkopper 08-29-2019 07:15 PM

This guy really sums up what I'm feeling and what I believe most are feeling... (The only thing I'll give Jon is 'I think I'm happy" because most artists always second guess their work)... but the whole 20/20 Political stint is summed up best here....

https://youtu.be/i0FvOF34uVc

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Eveline 08-29-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1258543)
This guy really sums up what I'm feeling and what I believe most are feeling... (The only thing I'll give Jon is 'I think I'm happy" because most artists always second guess their work)... but the whole 20/20 Political stint is summed up best here....

https://youtu.be/i0FvOF34uVc

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing. Some good points made here.

bonboy25 08-29-2019 08:20 PM

He seems to think bon jovi should be writing songs like bad name still. It seems he saw a news article and didn't really do any research, and just gave his opinion. I can get behind the whole thing about politics in songs for bon jovi = worse than normal songs. But at the same time none of us are expecting another bad name, or wanted. I think I'm being realistic when I hope to get an album with similar musical composition of Walls all the way through to thick as thieves. Maybe with a song or two of their cliche optimism, like BWC and THINFS. Lyrically I'm expecting WAN all over again though.

faith1985 08-29-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1258534)
Very different as in I got a new singer for it?

there is still hope

faith1985 08-29-2019 09:18 PM

I'd say Jon tries everything to sound relevant again. This reminds me of the fact that he put the US in When We Were Us in capital letters.

I am sure the album will copy current sounds or use bland cliches. Him having visions...well, a former Chancellor of Germany once said: 'If someone has got visions, he should see a docor' Judging from how unoriginal the last album was I doubt this one will good at all. I cannot even bothered to buy or even listen to it.

Shanks is still on board, Jon's vocal abilities on tour were absolutely awful (apart from 2 or 3 shows) and thinking of Jon's legend jacket: hm....no thanks. he already compared himself to Jesus with 'until I can turn all tears into wine' and put a crwon on his head on an instagram post. Someone who is that grandiose will not be able to write a good song

Captain_jovi 08-29-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1258559)
I'd say Jon tries everything to sound relevant again. This reminds me of the fact that he put the US in When We Were Us in capital letters.

I am sure the album will copy current sounds or use bland cliches. Him having visions...well, a former Chancellor of Germany once said: 'If someone has got visions, he should see a docor' Judging from how unoriginal the last album was I doubt this one will good at all. I cannot even bothered to buy or even listen to it.

Shanks is still on board, Jon's vocal abilities on tour were absolutely awful (apart from 2 or 3 shows) and thinking of Jon's legend jacket: hm....no thanks. he already compared himself to Jesus with 'until I can turn all tears into wine' and put a crwon on his head on an instagram post. Someone who is that grandiose will not be able to write a good song

Holy jeez you really have it out for Jon eh?

faith1985 08-29-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1258560)
Holy jeez you really have it out for Jon eh?

As I said, I do believe Jon is an ego-driven person and many of his moves and songs reflect that for me.
But don't worry, since I am pretty much done with Jon's music, I won't be here too often. The Munich show was the final nail on the coffin for me. I used to study psychological illnesses and Jon ticks many boxes that you would see in a narcissist and I do believe we have enough of them already. I am not saying that he is a full-blown narcissist but many things he does come close.

I did think the Jon of the 90s came across way more natural and I did like him. That being said, of course I few certain things differently as a grown-up compared to when I was 16.

And no, I don't dislike the music because I dislike Jon. I think Ryan Adams is an amazing talent even though he is probably a person who behaved crappy towards women.

Eveline 08-29-2019 09:36 PM

Two nice songs will be enough to go on tour again. The rest of the setlist will be about old hits (sic!) and song fillers we all know way too well! Jon will bash Bad Medicine, cut Richie out of all the pics on the screen and keep pretending Bon Jovi is an actual band *with official member(s) who still doubt it*

I'd rather keep the faith these days than ask what about now but I guess it will bounce nicely to make the full circle so we all can have a nice day :middlefi:

faith1985 08-29-2019 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1258546)
Thanks for sharing. Some good points made here.

Agreed. Trying to be a bit nicer towards Jon: maybe he is trying too hard because he thinks he has to. I'd say if he actually would start to lose his agendas a bit (and I mean this in a rather neutral way ;-)I think that some of the songs could be enjoyable. I did like Real Love, I thought it was quite romantic actually (although a bit over the top) But if Jon is trying to tackle a topic because he wants to prove something, I'd say he will fail

bonjovi90 08-29-2019 09:53 PM

This forum has turned from being boring and sometimes a bit goofy into being strenuous and almost unbearable within two days.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk