Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

bonjovi90 11-29-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamATC (Post 1248241)
I am sure the next album will sound a bit different, like every single Bon Jovi album. Feels like Bon Jovi is the only band which changes it's sound a slight bit (If not very slight) like every single album.

Since at least 2009, they all sound the same. And there are tons of bands who change their sound from album to album. Bon Jovi used to do so as well, unfortunately that stopped with the arrival of Shanks.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Rdkopper 11-29-2018 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1248253)
Since at least 2009, they all sound the same. And there are tons of bands who change their sound from album to album. Bon Jovi used to do so as well, unfortunately that stopped with the arrival of Shanks.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Totally...

Jon should sport the DA / LH dark haired look instead of trying to be a 77 year old Bob Kraft.

And Richie just needs to start looking like a man again instead of trying to be a teenage pretty boy.

I know it's supposed to be about the music but that ain't happening so at least look cool...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Eveline 11-29-2018 11:01 PM

Shanks not only remained in the studio but got his ass on the stage as well. We can only expect MORE of him :-|

Jovi98 11-30-2018 12:38 AM

But the Sanctuary II Studio (JBJ' s studio) is dead?

Eveline 11-30-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1248260)
But the Sanctuary II Studio (JBJ' s studio) is dead?

Heard he sort of sold it. Is it true?

YOVANAfromPeru 11-30-2018 08:45 AM

JBJ decided to dismantle his home studio rather than chase new technology for the THINFS album, JBJ: “The gear was getting antiquated at my studio, so it was either invest a lot or let it go. I decided to let it go.”

Eveline 11-30-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1248272)
JBJ decided to dismantle his home studio rather than chase new technology for the THINFS album, JBJ: “The gear was getting antiquated at my studio, so it was either invest a lot or let it go. I decided to let it go.”

so the rumour was true... thanks!

nikos greece 11-30-2018 07:18 PM

for a guy with the money of jon and an already existing place this sounds weird. i know a lot music studios with expensive hardware, plenty of racks and every kind og gear and mics. maybe the main console needed some work and repair but most of the gear in recording doesnt just grow old, the vintage equipment is often preffered. i think in true jon wanted to get out from his very comfort zone and out of his house as well. jon isnt and never was a studio guy who d record every idea and spend hours upon hours experimenting. i jusy wanted to comment that when you are a musician and own all these stuff the only thing that can age and need regular attention is the console.

Jovi98 11-30-2018 08:01 PM

Sanctuary II Studio

(1999-2015)

R.I.P

Eveline 11-30-2018 08:39 PM

I was talking to a fellow fan the other day and she told me that perhaps being in that studio evoked too many sad memories and he couldn't stand being there anymore... to me it's not about money.