Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Velvet Revolver live? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=44574)

Ferret 03-21-2008 12:48 PM

Velvet Revolver live?

What do you guys think of Velvet Revolver and how the peform live?

I'm going to see them at the Brixton Academy on Tuesday.
________
Automotive fuel cell cooperation

Supersonic 03-21-2008 01:24 PM

Aloha !

Nice band, loads and loads of energy, you really can't go wrong with Slash and Duff in one band I think, but their singer isn't as good as he is on record.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

RSROCKS 03-21-2008 02:57 PM

Seb is right.

I've seen them live. They perform with a lot of energy. Slash won't let you down (unless you want him to drop a cigarette down his pants again :p). Scott's not the greatest vocalist live but at the same time he's by no means terrible. Duff (one of my favorite bassist of all time), Dave and Matt are all good musicians too. Overall, they put on a good show.

bjcrazycpa 03-21-2008 03:26 PM

I thought Scott Weiland was back in rehab. I haven't seen them but my friend's say they are hit and miss because of Scott (lead singer), he's either really good and into it or not at all and it sucks.

deb

kenobi_on_a_prayer 03-21-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 813897)
I thought Scott Weiland was back in rehab. I haven't seen them but my friend's say they are hit and miss because of Scott (lead singer), he's either really good and into it or not at all and it sucks.

deb

IIRC they postponed their Australian tour after Scott was arrested and cancelled it altogether when he went into rehab but apparently he checked out earlier this month.

Javier 03-21-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 813897)

deb

that's what I've heard aswell.

bjcrazycpa 03-21-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenobi_on_a_prayer (Post 813898)
IIRC they postponed their Australian tour after Scott was arrested and cancelled it altogether when he went into rehab but apparently he checked out earlier this month.

That poor guy just can't keep it together for anything. I'm surprised he's lived as long as he has.

deb

RSROCKS 03-21-2008 05:02 PM

I like Velvet Revolver but I think Scott was better with STP before they kicked him out.

Alex 03-21-2008 05:35 PM

Well, you'd better go see them, since Weiland apparently announced during yesterday's gig that this tour will be VR's last tour. Ever.

BeExcellent 03-21-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 813915)
Well, you'd better go see them, since Weiland apparently announced during yesterday's gig that this tour will be VR's last tour. Ever.

I just can't get dramatic about this band. All undoubtedly talented musicians, but there is nothing at all that VR has done that even comes close to GnR or STP. There's no danger, no edge, no attitude and no bloody melody.

Not bad live if you like the material, but unlikely to pull out any surprises or an OMG performance. Jus't wont happen, ever.