Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Aerosmith (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=48421)

Panda 06-17-2009 07:37 PM

Aerosmith

I know there's already an aerosmith topic, but I just got a few questions.

I was looking at the set lists. Do they even play dude looks like a lady or i dont wanna miss a thing anymore? I mean, aren't they basically they're two biggest hits?

Do they really play only 90 min? Cuz I payed $210 to see them... They could make everyone happy and play a little longer.

Do they reply to sign requests?

Can Steve Tyler still sing live? Or is it failing?

I'm going to see them live in a couple months (with ZZ Top!) so I'm just curious as I've never heard them live.

Jennifer_Always 06-18-2009 08:35 PM

I saw them in June 2007 in Paris.

Dude, it was awesome! I was really amazed by Steven. He can definitely still sing live. He runs all over the stage. He still shouts with his big mouth. On the very left side of the stage, he was very closed to the ones who had seats. He sang for them, as if he was going to touch them.

They played I dont want to miss a thing but not Dude looks like a lady, which is one of my fave :(

Here's the setlist of this show:

Love In An Elevator
Falling In Love (Is Hard On The Knees)
Cryin’
Eat The Rich
I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing
Jaded
Rag Doll
Janie’s Got A Gun
Baby Please Don’t Go
Hangman Jury/Seasons Of Wither
Dream On
S.O.S. (Too Bad)
Livin’ On The Edge
Stop Messin’ Around
Sweet Emotion
Draw The Line

Walk This Way
Mama Kin

According to me, you won't be disappointed. Steven got so much energy!

liljovi93 06-18-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer_Always (Post 926632)
I saw them in June 2007 in Paris.

Dude, it was awesome! I was really amazed by Steven. He can definitely still sing live. He runs all over the stage. He still shouts with his big mouth. On the very left side of the stage, he was very closed to the ones who had seats. He sang for them, as if he was going to touch them.

They played I dont want to miss a thing but not Dude looks like a lady, which is one of my fave :(

Here's the setlist of this show:

Love In An Elevator
Falling In Love (Is Hard On The Knees)
Cryin’
Eat The Rich
I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing
Jaded
Rag Doll
Janie’s Got A Gun
Baby Please Don’t Go
Hangman Jury/Seasons Of Wither
Dream On
S.O.S. (Too Bad)
Livin’ On The Edge
Stop Messin’ Around
Sweet Emotion
Draw The Line

Walk This Way
Mama Kin

According to me, you won't be disappointed. Steven got so much energy!

That's still a VERY good setlist!

BeExcellent 06-18-2009 08:46 PM

I saw Aersomith once only, at Donington at '94.

The most magical thing occured in Livin on the Edge.

"But we can tell em no, or we can let it go"

Plane flies overhead to East Midlands airport, engines exactly playing the part that the blowing wind does on the record, Tyler chasing the plane and pointing, Mic stand and scarves in hand.

Just perfect.

Jennifer_Always 06-18-2009 08:46 PM

For sure, this setlist got me crazy, lol

Panda 06-18-2009 09:05 PM

Okay, but the setlists from this tour so far are not too good. I'm more of a 'greatest hits' fan, and the only song I liked on the sets so far was cryin.... I love songs like livin on the edge, pink, uncle salty, crazy, mama kin and angel.... I don't see any of that... Half the songs I didn't even recognize... It also would be nice to see dude up there and I don't think they have played it once in the last tour.

Supersonic 06-18-2009 09:27 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 926466)
I was looking at the set lists. Do they even play dude looks like a lady or i dont wanna miss a thing anymore? I mean, aren't they basically they're two biggest hits?

Dude has been played on their previous tour thru America but was dropped after a few dates. They all think it's a pretty boring song and Steven Tyler has admitted that he's no longer that fond of the song.

IDWTMAT has been dropped this tour for the first time ever since it was released and it really is the worst song in an Aerosmith setlist. It was about time it was dropped because it's not really an Aerosmith song anyway.

Quote:

Do they really play only 90 min? Cuz I payed $210 to see them... They could make everyone happy and play a little longer.

Most of the time it's an average of 100 minutes. The first shows tend to be 110 minutes long but they usually end up playing 90-100 minute shows. They could indeed make everyone a little happier but I don't think Steven Tyler is capable of doing longer shows. Or he just can't be arsed anymore. The show in Paris Jennifer_Always mentioned had an extra encore that wasn't planned, but was done after the band introductions because Joe Perry started the riff of Mama Kin and Steven Tyler appearantly wasn't too happy about the band joining in. The rendition of it was brilliant though.

Quote:

Do they reply to sign requests?

Sometimes. It happens about 2 times per tour I think. I wouldn't expect anything this tour as they're pretty much playing everything the die hards want, apart from Cryin' and Jaded that is.

Quote:

Can Steve Tyler still sing live? Or is it failing?

He's not as good as he used to be but you shouldn't expect him to be. He's still one of the best vocalists out there. You'll be surprised at what he's capable of hitting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 926641)
Okay, but the setlists from this tour so far are not too good. I'm more of a 'greatest hits' fan, and the only song I liked on the sets so far was cryin.... I love songs like livin on the edge, pink, uncle salty, crazy, mama kin and angel.... I don't see any of that... Half the songs I didn't even recognize... It also would be nice to see dude up there and I don't think they have played it once in the last tour.

Dude, you're getting either the entire Toys In The Attic album at the show, apart from You See Me Crying or Rocks from start to finish. It's like Aerosmith heaven and no one should complain about it. Here's the set of their latest show:

01. Train Kept A Rollin'
02. Cryin'
03. Love In An Elevator
04. Jaded
05. Dream On

06. Combination
07. Toys In The Attic
08. Uncle Salty
09. Adam's Apple
10. Walk This Way
11. Big Ten Inch Record
12. Sweet Emotion
13. No More No More
14. Round And Round
15. Livin' On The Edge
16. Draw The Line

Encore:

17. Dirty Water (w/Dropkick Murphys)
18. Come Together

Now the songs listed in bold have all been singles. That's really not too bad, is it? Aerosmith is so much more than just the singles from the late eighties and early nineties. You should really try to get into the album Toys In The Attic. Or just download/buy "Rockin' The Joint". It's a very seventies orientated live album and showcases that songs like No More, No More rock way harder then songs like Cryin' or IDWTMAT (which is a song for girls/pussies anyway).

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

hometownboy 06-18-2009 09:50 PM

No More No More is fantastic on the Rockin The album, one of the best aerosmith songs out there. However ive got to say hearing IDWTMAT live is quite special, only the once though as i wouldnt want it at every gig!

Panda 06-18-2009 09:53 PM

I don't really care for idwmat but I love cryin....

KeepTheFaith2211 06-18-2009 10:04 PM

Just be glad you are seeing them at all, mate. :)