Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   BJ album without outside writers (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=54420)

BD135 10-10-2012 01:57 AM

BJ album without outside writers

One thing I'd like to see is a BJ album where there are no outside writers contributing to the songs. It would also be cool to have a very stripped down album without additional musicians, besides Hugh of course. Anyone else like this idea?

Becky 10-10-2012 02:03 AM

That's one reason I love Blaze of Glory so much. It's a great album, and it's all Jon without outside writers.

DevilsSon 10-10-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BD135 (Post 1091532)
One thing I'd like to see is a BJ album where there are no outside writers contributing to the songs. It would also be cool to have a very stripped down album without additional musicians, besides Hugh of course. Anyone else like this idea?

7800 Degrees Fahrenheit?

DryCounty 10-10-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1091543)
7800 Degrees Fahrenheit?

Well actually Bill Grabowski co-wrote Secret Dreams .. ;) But almost!

Alphavictim 10-10-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1091533)
That's one reason I love Blaze of Glory so much. It's a great album, and it's all Jon without outside writers.

Not exactly low on the outside players quota, though.

DevilsSon 10-10-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1091588)
Not exactly low on the outside players quota, though.

Plus it's all about some characters in a movie. And the lead song (as awesome as it is) is nothing but re-writing Wanted so that it fits the story.

Anyway, I can't see it happen. They need all these writers to stay relevant I guess.
Other than Keep The Faith, my favourite 5-10 Jovi songs are anyway written by Jon or Jon and Richie so I'd probably like it as well.

Rdkopper 10-10-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1091533)

+1

Alphavictim 10-10-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1091592)
And the lead song (as awesome as it is) is nothing but re-writing Wanted so that it fits the story.

Musically? Never got that impression. If anything, Dry County rips off the riff.

DevilsSon 10-10-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1091606)
Musically? Never got that impression. If anything, Dry County rips off the riff.

Really? I find them nearly identical (that's why I love Blaze so much :P)

The wind in the intro, the acoustic (underline acoustic) riff, the build-up to the electric solo, even the actual solo, Jeff Beck took a little bit of Sambora there, the chorus itself. They are nearly identical songs. The only difference - IMO - is the monologue with the min-drum solo.
Maybe it's just me.

The Northern Cowboy 10-11-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1091607)
Really? I find them nearly identical (that's why I love Blaze so much :P)

The wind in the intro, the acoustic (underline acoustic) riff, the build-up to the electric solo, even the actual solo, Jeff Beck took a little bit of Sambora there, the chorus itself. They are nearly identical songs. The only difference - IMO - is the monologue with the min-drum solo.
Maybe it's just me.

Nope, definitely not just you. I get the exact same feeling whenever I hear Blaze of Glory. Although for me, I got the Young Guns 2 soundtrack before Slippery When Wet so it was the reverse situation when I heard Wanted for the first time.