Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Manic Street Preachers (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=48919)

Dave 1986 05-05-2013 02:40 PM

I picked up their first album Generation Terrorists a few weeks ago and it's pretty good. Some great guitar work on that one. I'm not really a fan of this band and most of what by them I've heard over the years sounded decent but not very "rocking".

They were awesome when I saw them open up for Paul McCartney in 2010.

Living_on_my_Hair 05-05-2013 04:22 PM

Still in my Top 3 bands, after all these years. They have 3 albums in my 'Top ten', which is tied with Bon Jovi, and they are one of the few bands alongside Jovi that I have also seen live now in double figures.

Kind of funny though, as I am like a lot of Jovi fans here who love classic Bon Jovi and who aren't a fan of their recent stuff, in that I am hardcore fan of the 'holy trinity' of albums from their glory days (Everything Must go, This is my truth.., and Holy Bible) rather than the newer stuff.
Whilst I still like most of their other stuff, it's their earlier work that I keep coming back to.

Seeing them open for Jovi back in Milton Keynes would have been an odd experience, however 'Gold against in the soul' is very much a stadium rock sounding album, you can tell that James is a Slash fan.

Andi

steel_horse75 05-07-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1127277)
(Everything Must go, This is my truth.., and Holy Bible

Funny as I see after Holy Bible is where they started losing it until Send Away The Tigers. I love first 3 then nothing else until Tigers and nothing after.

Quote:

Seeing them open for Jovi back in Milton Keynes would have been an odd experience, however 'Gold against in the soul' is very much a stadium rock sounding album, you can tell that James is a Slash fan.
I did and although they didnt go down great they were still very good. As above I think their rawness and punkness made them at their best. If people think Jovi have lost it check out the some of the manics stuff which can only be described as utter shit.

Dave 1986 04-10-2020 08:29 PM

"Manic Street Preachers have announced two special concerts to support the NHS."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52227826

steel_horse75 04-14-2020 08:34 AM

Just pre ordered the reissue of Gold against the soul on vinyl.
My fav album of theirs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave 1986 04-14-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1263205)
My fav album of theirs.

Mine too. I'm not a hardcore Manics fan despite my Welshness but I like the first 3 albums. "Sleepflower" is a great song!

steel_horse75 04-16-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1263215)
Mine too. I'm not a hardcore Manics fan despite my Welshness but I like the first 3 albums. "Sleepflower" is a great song!

First 3 then skip to Send Away the tigers and that’ll do you.
But man those fist 3 are superb.

Dave 1986 04-16-2020 03:20 PM

Manic Street Preachers

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1263308)
First 3 then skip to Send Away the tigers and that’ll do you.

I have SAtT also, and yes it’s very good.

alcapone_dudu 05-07-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1263326)
I have SAtT also, and yes it’s very good.

I would say ''Send Away The Tiggers'' is one of my all-time favourite album back to back.

steel_horse75 06-11-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1263205)
My fav album of theirs.

Dispatched!