Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Red Hot Chili Peppers to play massive UK shows (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=21903)

JOEYKID 01-21-2004 02:14 AM

Red Hot Chili Peppers to play massive UK shows

massive UK summer shows.

The band , who have already confirmed a show at Dublin Phoenix Park (June 12) will play gigs in Manchester, London and Edinburgh following their Irish date.

Lead singer Anthony Kiedis said: "We’re really looking forward to getting back to the UK. We had a great time performing there last summer. The British fans are fantastic, so its going to be amazing to perform in front of such a massive crowd in Hyde Park...The Queen's backyard! And it’ll be good to play the stadiums when we return to Manchester and Edinburgh."

The new shows are at:

Edinburgh Murrayfield Stadium (June 13)
City of Manchester Stadium (18)
London Hyde Park (19)

Jim Bon Jovi 01-21-2004 02:23 AM

ooooh good stuff. kind of regret being drunk and fighting with some knob when i seen them last year

JOEYKID 01-21-2004 02:30 AM

i wanna go, not a huge fan but would be cool, just cant stand the thought of going on 100,000 people all like my brother :roll:

Jim Bon Jovi 01-21-2004 02:46 AM

tell me about it.

long story short.

was at gig on the green, foo;s chilli's qotsa good day u know.

so we get a carry out and sit outside till we manage to get enough tickets off touts for all of us.

in we go. as u can imagine, big park in the middle of glasgow, hot sunday afternoon, music festival. everyones pretty drunk.

anyways the chilli's come on and its absolutely packed i mean they're like ants up on the stage from where we are.

everyones clappign and getting into it u know but we're that far back no ones jumoing around.

no one except this 1 guy who keeps jumping into me. i let it go a few times but give hi little nudges to give him a hint.

he keeps doing it so i tell him to give it a rest.

he does it again.

i say ive warned u twice now, next time im just going to jab u.

what does arsehole do?

wasnt doig much jumping around when i decked him, stupid cunt.

ponrauil 01-21-2004 09:15 AM

They suck live IMO especially lead vocals and guitar, I was really disappointed when I saw them some years ago in Paris.

Ponrauil

UKjovi 01-21-2004 10:18 AM

I think i might go all depends if i can afford it this year :roll:

Neurotica80 01-21-2004 11:31 AM

Im def gonna think about going to the one in Manchester.

choclady 01-21-2004 12:08 PM

they're ticket prices are in absolute no connection with their live performance . i doubt i will go and see them. the only band i would pay that much money for are BJ and Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce

JOEYKID 01-21-2004 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKjovi
I think i might go all depends if i can afford it this year :roll:

£45 apparently

brother is paying for him and his girlfriend, id go but i cant stand her so i aint even considering it now!

JOEYKID 01-21-2004 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponrauil
They suck live IMO especially lead vocals and guitar, I was really disappointed when I saw them some years ago in Paris.

Ponrauil

yeah! iv got some bootlegs recently and cant say anthonys voice is all that, as for john frescantais (spelling) guitar, IMO its shit :? and flea's bass isnt all that! he is so over rated, good time guy im sure and quite funky but i really wouldnt rate him too high!