Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   R.E.M News Update (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=23747)

Kev 10-05-2004 10:39 AM

MORE NEWS
"Aftermath" has been officially confirmed as the second single from the newest R.E.M. record "Around The Sun". It's also very probable that the third single will be "Wanderlust" - a sticker on "Around The Sun" CD box says that the album features "Leaving New York", "Boy In The Well" (previously announced as the second single) and "Wanderlust".

R.E.M.hq has launched a microsite dedicated to the new album. You can preview the record in its entirety there, watch the video for "Leaving New York" and have a look at lyrics. To launch the site, just click the big billboard on the main news page at remhq.com.

"Leaving New York" entered UK chart at 5. That's a better success than "Imitation Of Life" and "Bad Day" achieved.

R.E.M has added the following dates in Japan, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and Australia to their 2005 World Tour in support of "Around the Sun":

March 15--Tokyo--Budokon--On Sale: TBC
March 17--Nagoya--Geijyutsu Gekijyo--On Sale: TBC
March 18--Osaka--Grand Cube--On Sale: TBC
March 20--Hong Kong (Wanchai)--Convention & Exhibition--On Sale: Dec. 16
March 25--Christchurch--Westpac--On Sale: TBC
March 26--New Plymouth--Bowl of Brooklands--On Sale: Oct. 20
March 29--Brisbane--Entertainment Centre--On Sale: Oct. 14
March 31--Sydney--Entertainment Centre--On Sale: Oct. 14
April 03--Melbourne--Rod Laver Arena--On Sale: Oct. 14
April 06--Adelaide--Entertainment Centre--On Sale: Oct. 14
April 08--Perth--Burswood Dome--On Sale: Oct. 14

Kev 10-08-2004 07:59 PM

UK date added to world tour
R.E.M. has added a concert on Friday July 8th, 2005 in Ipswich, England, at the Ipswich Town Football Club to the 2005 World tour. Tickets go on sale today.

Tour date added in Denmark
R.E.M will play at the Forum, Horsens Stadium in Horsens, Denmark, on June 25th, 2005. Tickets will go on sale to the public on October 13th.

Kev 10-14-2004 07:41 PM

R.E.M. kicked off worldwide tour!
Source: Murmurs.com

The band launched their worldwide tour with a show in Los Angeles last night. This was the first of 29 concerts scheduled for North American leg of the tour.

A 24 song set featured five tracks from the recently released "Around The Sun", both singles from "In Time" as well as many classics from previous albums. Surprisingly, the show has been closed with "Man On The Moon" instead of "It's The End Of The World" which wasn't played at all! The set also marked the debut of a rocker "I'm Gonna DJ" - an ATS outtake which is supposed to be included on the next R.E.M. record.

Taking the opportunity, we'd like to remind you that we have made a special section on R.E.M. is ON! featuring tour dates, setlists, statistics and photos from the road. You can also post your own reviews of the shows there.

The Greek Theatre, Los Angeles setlist follows:

Begin the Begin
Animal
So Fast So Numb
Boy in the Well
World Leader Pretend
Leaving New York
The One I Love
Electrolite
Aftermath
Cuyahoga
Final Straw
Bad Day
Around the Sun
She Just Wants to Be
Imitation of Life
Losing My Religion
Walk Unafraid
Life and How to Live It

Encore:

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Country Feedback
Welcome to the Occupation
Permanent Vacation
I'm Gonna DJ
Man on the Moon

8)

spunkywho 10-14-2004 08:03 PM

cool!! thanks Kev --- I'll see them 11/19 :)

peter 10-15-2004 02:01 AM

Ummm, bad news for Sambo-Chris! No Everybody Hurts?!?!?! WTF?
Looks like they want to play only faster songs... Maybe that will change in Europe. And if Kerry wins the US election, there will be no point in playing politically inspired rock songs!

Kev 10-15-2004 08:14 AM

Yes but Walk Unafraid remains in the setlist, thats what I was hoping for. Bloody love that song!!!!

Kev 10-15-2004 08:24 AM

Show added in Bonn, Germany
R.E.M will play a concert in Bonn, Germany, at the Museumplatz on Tuesday, June 28th, R.E.M.hq announced.

Kev 10-20-2004 06:45 PM

"Aftermath" at the end of November

According to HMV.co.uk website, "Aftermath" - the second single from "Afround The Sun" - will be released in UK on November 29th. The same date has been announced by Channel 4. There are no information about b-sides as yet.

Kev 10-21-2004 08:53 PM

R.E.M. will play Graz almost for sure

Although it hasn't been officially confirmed, the odds are that R.E.M. will play an open-air on June 5th 2005 in Graz, Austria at the Schwarzl-Zentrum. Two newspapers reported this information today. The show is also listen on a local ticket-seller's website (link below). Tickets will be available in one week.

peter 10-21-2004 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
R.E.M. will play Graz almost for sure

Although it hasn't been officially confirmed, the odds are that R.E.M. will play an open-air on June 5th 2005 in Graz, Austria at the Schwarzl-Zentrum. Two newspapers reported this information today. The show is also listen on a local ticket-seller's website (link below). Tickets will be available in one week.

Hey that's only 2,5 hours from where I live :P
I don't like indoor winter shows, so I'm just going to "local" one, but summer open-air show, that's what I like!