Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Rock in Rio 2019 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70501)

Eveline 09-30-2019 08:08 PM

Tried to watch this vid in full but can't. The vocals are horrible. I know from my experience it's different when you're there in person, though.

Some fans feel sorry for Jon but it's him who can't stop and pushes himself to the limits. What's his driving force? Ego? Pride? Money? Bad advisers? Fear?
They're about to release another album. And what's next? Touring again?

And another unpopular opinion: not a fan of Dave's vocals, sorry.

Thierry 09-30-2019 08:46 PM

I’m downloading the full HD version right now and will watch it later tonight. After reading the reviews here I’ll probably be done with the band as a live act. We’ll see.

Gabriel Shoes 09-30-2019 08:50 PM

“Energy”

Is Jon Bon Jovi an entertainer? YES.

Is Jon Bon Jovi a singer? NO.

Honestly, if I’m interested in someone jumping on a stage, with “full energy”, I’d go the circus. The music part is too important for me.

Rdkopper 09-30-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1259188)
Tried to watch this vid in full but can't. The vocals are horrible. I know from my experience it's different when you're there in person, though.

Some fans feel sorry for Jon but it's him who can't stop and pushes himself to the limits. What's his driving force? Ego? Pride? Money? Bad advisers? Fear?

They're about to release another album. And what's next? Touring again?

And another unpopular opinion: not a fan of Dave's vocals, sorry.

Dave's vocals are terrible... I'd take Jon's current voice over Dave's best vocal any day. I still think, however it's a good move to let Dave take a song like In These Arms. Or an old classic like Only Lonely....

The thing that baffles me the most about Jon's voice is why he can't get the words out?

So yes, Jon's best days as a YouTube and Bootleg sensation are done...

His tone is still there so studio albums shouldn't be an issue.

I'd still suggest going to see them live when they come around every couple of years...

The Band is amazing, Jon's still a star and has stage presence as a front-man, and not all songs are terrible when you're there in person... Obviously the more vocal demanding songs will stand out more but the big rock anthems like Its My Life do just fine in a live setting..

Listening to the show is painful but watching it while listening to it definitely eases the pain..

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

hackster73 09-30-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadden (Post 1259185)

I just can't enjoy that, he sounds so bad to when I saw them at Wembley...

efpg0708 09-30-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadden (Post 1259185)

Wow. I’m impressed with Jon’s energy. But his vocals are horrendous.

I’m not a fan of David taking lead voice. I’ve never liked his singing. And Shanks should not be there. He’s a creep.

But wow. The energy is insane !

Eveline 09-30-2019 09:18 PM

Well, I was talking to a fellow fan and she noticed the weird thing about Jon's right eye too and how in some songs he sounds like he suddenly aquired a lisp. The way he pronounces words, the effort, the agonising look. It could be related to some health issues, I believe. And if that's even remotely true, I'm even more puzzled why he keeps pushing even more. He'd better do some small acoustic shows or get Richie and go on a farewell tour before all legacy is torn to pieces.

Fans no longer care about Jon's raspy voice, legendary screams or magical harmonies as long as hit songs are played. It's pure entertainment now and bearable only when you're there in person. But I agree with Gabriel a few posts earlier. Although a lot of female fans are perfectly content with Jon jumping around the stage and kissing random women, there are fans who are there for the music. Guess we're in the minority now or just nostalgic saps...

Thierry 09-30-2019 09:25 PM

What annoys me the most that he doesn’t sing in time. He is flat a lot of times but they can cover that up if he sings in time.

And his right eye.. yes.. every “high” note this is visible.

I’m watching the show now. I’m enjoying the energy but the vocals distract too much..

Thierry 09-30-2019 09:41 PM

Not a fan of Dave’s voice either.. but this is awesome. At least he is capable to sing in tune and in time.

efpg0708 09-30-2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1259196)
Not a fan of Dave’s voice either.. but this is awesome. At least he is capable to sing in tune and in time.

Thought the same here. Jon’s out of time and nowhere-near-the-right-key vocals are unbearable when you don’t have thousands of voices draining him out. I think enjoy watching this show on mute more than having to listen to Jon sounding like that.