Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Will there be another? :( (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=5842)

Track7 01-25-2003 08:19 AM

Will there be another? :(

Hmmm

So everyone agrees there will be a break after the boxset. But do you think this time it will be for good. In a way it wont devestate me they do hang up their guitars, cause I'd rather remember them for the great stuff, and the fact i did get to see them live.

I really wish and hope that they will make another album of music instead of watering it down to try and win popularity. Both crush and Bounce have moments of beauty and genius on, classic jovi. BUT it is restrained and not true to what they did up to 1996.

I mean i know that they evolve and keep up with the times...but crush and bounce seem to be great ideas, cashed in to make them more popular.

Hope i am wrong...my expectations of Bounce would be that it would hark back to KTF, be longer more epic, perhaps a bit darker (not as dark as TD but KTF) experimental. And in a way what makes it worse is that I feel it attempted this but only half-heartedly i.e short songs, not real guitar solo's (even crush had a couple great solo's), what seems like rushed vocals, and i think for as modern as bounce sounds OVER produced.

If they still "have it" then i hope they abandon this comercial slant they've had recently and make an album for themselves, and thus the fans...

If not then i'd like them to go off seperately for good..do solo things, and be remembered for how amazing they were.

What does everyone else think And hope for?

Track

eriK 01-25-2003 12:24 PM

I think Bon jovi will take a break after the release of their box set, but that won't last forever... they just need to do something else for some time! and yes both bounce and crush albums that are produced to sell big time, but after this brake I think Bon jovi won't be making that kind of album any more, because they don't haft to! I belive that bon jovi are today in middle between just beeing one of the worlds biggest rock bands and living legends, probaly after this brake, the will be legends! they will be older, probably in the rock and roll hall of fame and so on... and they don't have to sell 10 miljon records any more! just like Aerosmith and other old bands, they will be HUGE!

// Erik

Jovism19 01-25-2003 08:48 PM

They deserve a break, but they will be back, they always come back, it's in their blood! If they decided to call it quits, I would be shocked and devestated :shock: But I wouldn't worry, the boys haven't given any indication of retiring for good.

Thomas Anderson 01-25-2003 08:49 PM

I don't think they'll take a long break. Maybe just spend a lot of time writing stuff, seperately and together. There may be time for solo projects, maybe Jon could do another movie, or Dave do another musical, but I don't think it would last forever.

From the many times in interviews when Jon has talked about the Rolling Stones still being together, maybe it's a hint he'd like to do it too.

I know that the guys are getting older now (not old, Just Older...lol) but I don't see any reason for them to stop. They seem pretty happy, and in a recent interview (C4 Manhattan Show) Tico said that the music was like art, a way of expressing themselves creatively. They said they wouldn't be doing it if it was just for money, or even just to satisfy us, but because they enjoy it.

{_Warrior_} 01-25-2003 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovism19
they always come back, it's in their blood!

The rock ´n roll blood :D

letitrock 01-25-2003 09:15 PM

hopefully they will....

i'm torn though because i desperately want to see a richie sambora solo tour - but at the same time that means a break from Bon jovi

Keba 01-26-2003 01:37 AM

I don't know if they'll take time off after the box set, but I am certain that they will never break for good anytime soon. I remember this quote Richie said when asked if Jon would ever retire: "I don't think he could!"

RS8MB0R8 01-26-2003 01:10 PM

I think that the time has not come yet. They would almost certainly let us all know before they did. But I can't imagine it would be just something they would announce one rainy day. They'd have to go out in style, so.....................................what do you reckon is gonna be the final farewell when it comes - which, unfortunately, is inevitable?

Dan 01-27-2003 04:59 PM

BJ will take a break, then sit down and decide if they have enuf inspiration to create another album or not....

I'll bet that they do make another one!

So hook me up! I can't wait

fanatica 01-28-2003 01:02 AM

I think Jon's going to do a movie after the box-set is released, and hopefully Richie will think about doing a mini-tour... I SOOO wanna see him live! But they will be back.