Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New shows (promo?) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69637)

Thierry 09-03-2016 07:50 PM

New shows (promo?)

Matt on Twitter confirms that he'll be in nyc, Toronto and London this fall. I guess that'll be the promo tour for the new album.

Remember you've heard it here first.

liljovi93 09-03-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1205797)
Matt on Twitter confirms that he'll be in nyc, Toronto and London this fall. I guess that'll be the promo tour for the new album.

Thought the same thing. Hopefully...

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Kathleen 09-04-2016 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1205797)

I sure wish I knew when. I'm heading to Philly for 2 more Bruce shows and I may be heading to Boston for the very last show. I would hate to miss the Jovi promo chasing Bruce :(

Javier 09-04-2016 03:54 AM

It's about to start! Hoping for more new songs to get the live performance treatment besides the lead single! Jon's been raving about the album for so long now....

Jeeper 09-04-2016 11:05 AM

I really feel Jon needs to change his delivery on certain songs.

These shows will no doubt allow us to hear THINFS as well as the standard songs you typically get at promo shows.

I really think JBJ is exposing himself more by standing still, straining himself vocally and physically while trying to hit certain notes or just keeping up with the pace of the song.

I remember seeing Def Leppard & Whitesnake play, I was about 6ft from Joe Elliot and David Coverdale and what became apparent was how clever they were in disguising the fact they couldn't or didn't want to attempt certain notes.

They were far far more mobile, used all the cliché rock moves (swinging the mic stand, pointing the mic to the crowd etc) or allowing the band to fill in the gaps. But it worked.

Not only was it better visually, but it sounded better. I honestly think Jon is aging before our eyes on stage because of his vocal restrictions.

Def Leppard in particular have fantastic backing vocals. I think BJ need to consider utilising this more, especially now RS is missing.

Jayster 09-04-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1205819)
I really feel Jon needs to change his delivery on certain songs.

These shows will no doubt allow us to hear THINFS as well as the standard songs you typically get at promo shows.

I really think JBJ is exposing himself more by standing still, straining himself vocally and physically while trying to hit certain notes or just keeping up with the pace of the song.

I remember seeing Def Leppard & Whitesnake play, I was about 6ft from Joe Elliot and David Coverdale and what became apparent was how clever they were in disguising the fact they couldn't or didn't want to attempt certain notes.

They were far far more mobile, used all the cliché rock moves (swinging the mic stand, pointing the mic to the crowd etc) or allowing the band to fill in the gaps. But it worked.

Not only was it better visually, but it sounded better. I honestly think Jon is aging before our eyes on stage because of his vocal restrictions.

Def Leppard in particular have fantastic backing vocals. I think BJ need to consider utilising this more, especially now RS is missing.

Almost all Def Leppard songs contain near continous harmonising. Bon Jovi songs don't. Joe Elliot can do that because the band back him up in the studio as well as on stage.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Jeeper 09-04-2016 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayster (Post 1205821)
Almost all Def Leppard songs contain near continous harmonising. Bon Jovi songs don't. Joe Elliot can do that because the band back him up in the studio as well as on stage.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I understand that. But that's not what I'm saying. I don't expect BJ to rearrange songs, merely have the backing vocals higher in the mix live.

Or have Jon be prepared to not reach for that note at the expense of stage presence. He's like a statue on certain songs, aiming for a note he can't comfortably hit while neglecting his stage performance.

I'd personally rather hear the band or crowd sing a part and have an energetic frontman who actually looks like a rock star up there.

Nige 09-04-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayster (Post 1205821)

Also hasn't Joe taken to lip syncing on the latest tour?

samboraisgodUK 09-04-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1205823)
Also hasn't Joe taken to lip syncing on the latest tour?

I saw them a few months back, he definitely wasn't lip syncing

Bounce7800 09-04-2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1205822)
I understand that. But that's not what I'm saying. I don't expect BJ to rearrange songs, merely have the backing vocals higher in the mix live.

Or have Jon be prepared to not reach for that note at the expense of stage presence. He's like a statue on certain songs, aiming for a note he can't comfortably hit while neglecting his stage performance.

I'd personally rather hear the band or crowd sing a part and have an energetic frontman who actually looks like a rock star up there.

To be honest, they really should have made more of Richie's vocals on the albums, especially when Jon was struggling. It wouldn't have killed them to swap some verses here and there, which would have taken some pressure of Jon doing them live.

Back on topic, but I hope there's something reasonable in London that I can get to, not some expensive Runaway tour or a BBC show with a huge ballot.