Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   If you were Jon, would you read this board? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70239)

Alphavictim 03-09-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1235595)
I think JBJ is so lazy for some things.

For all the shit you can give the man, laziness is not among them IMO.

Thinny 03-09-2018 03:04 PM

He already claimed himself that he isn't going to Europe this year because he is "too lazy". Lazy has never been a word I would have used to describe Jon at all, so I'm not really buying that. It could be that it's to do with age, but I think it has more to do with the fact they weren't getting the kind of offers that they wanted to tour europe and Jon didn't want to take a pay cut....Jon still has the drive, it's built into him, so I don't think it's lazyness at all

Nige 03-09-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1235614)
He already claimed himself that he isn't going to Europe this year because he is "too lazy". Lazy has never been a word I would have used to describe Jon at all, so I'm not really buying that. It could be that it's to do with age, but I think it has more to do with the fact they weren't getting the kind of offers that they wanted to tour europe and Jon didn't want to take a pay cut....Jon still has the drive, it's built into him, so I don't think it's lazyness at all

I totally agree with this. My alternative theory is he has some illness that meant he couldn't get insurance for Europe or something like that?

Captain_jovi 03-09-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1235595)
I think JBJ is so lazy for some things.
Myself I tried to read here and I can’t!, you write too much >_< jajaj
I remember that Matt didn’t know the song Cadillac man >_< lol

Why SHOULD Matt know that song? I've seen people make the claim that it makes him unqualified but it's not his job to know the back catalouge and what's been demoed or played live twice.

Anyway, about a decade ago (maybe?) someone said something to Obie about the board being happy about something and he responded with "The dry county board actually is happy about something?" Completely paraphrasing as it's been so long ago but the band camp absolutely knows we exist.

rolo_tomachi 03-09-2018 05:43 PM

Of course. If I were Jon I would pay attention to rolo_tomachi, that guy is a genius and he is always right.
;)

Bounce7800 03-09-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1235622)
Of course. If I were Jon I would pay attention to rolo_tomachi, that guy is a genius and he is always right.
;)

Given that the THINFS re-release didn't contain Rage Of Angels and 12 different versions of Beautiful Day, we know that he doesn't :(

bonjovi90 03-09-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1235621)
Why SHOULD Matt know that song? I've seen people make the claim that it makes him unqualified but it's not his job to know the back catalouge and what's been demoed or played live twice.

If you want to be the bridge between band and audience like Matt tries so hard to be, you should know a song that pretty much all diehard fans want to hear.
And it's been played four times :D

bjcrazycpa 03-09-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1235629)
If you want to be the bridge between band and audience like Matt tries so hard to be, you should know a song that pretty much all diehard fans want to hear.
And it's been played four times :D

True, but remember Matt is 13 years younger than Jon so he was all of about 15 when the song came out. I'm sure he doesn't remember the movie let along the song his brother helped write for it ha ha!!

Captain_jovi 03-09-2018 07:45 PM

The amount of material the band has written, recorded, and performed live far surpasses the information we have and I doubt the band holds as dear to some of it as we do. I stand by the fact that Matt not knowing that song doesn't mean he's a bad connection the fans. His job never had much connection to the material. It was always in the background helping run the organization. Him not knowing how many busses the crew have is a great reason to go after him. Not knowing why Does anybody really fall in love anymore has an alternate version I'm fine with him not knowing.

brunorc21 03-09-2018 08:29 PM

Jon will prove on sunday that he´s been reading this board, and the band will definitely play Cadillac Man along with When We Were Us and Bad Name during iHeart Radio Award :)

But i bet some folks here still are going to complain about how they miss Richie Sambora backing vocals in the song