Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (Demo) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70066)

Nige 08-05-2017 07:42 PM

Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (Demo)

Does everyone's version of this start with what I presume is the last few seconds of the previous take of the song? Seems an odd decision to include it so I wonder if it's a mistake?

Thinny 08-05-2017 10:08 PM

Yup. Tis Odd...

Rdkopper 08-05-2017 10:30 PM

I don't think it's an error... I just think its a poor way of giving us an inside look at the demo process... to show that it's a live one take after another process...

I edited it out of the version I listen to as I do with most demo's... I can't stand how every song starts with the three count... Ting, Ting, Ting... a lot of demos and live songs start this way and it drives me insane... I get why it's done but hearing it on every freaking song makes me crazy so I edited them all out too... I also edited out the beginning of Tokyo Road, Social Disease, and all the Blaze Of Glory dialog... the list just keeps going...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 08-06-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1226614)
I don't think it's an error... I just think its a poor way of giving us an inside look at the demo process... to show that it's a live one take after another process...

I edited it out of the version I listen to as I do with most demo's... I can't stand how every song starts with the three count... Ting, Ting, Ting... a lot of demos and live songs start this way and it drives me insane... I get why it's done but hearing it on every freaking song makes me crazy so I edited them all out too... I also edited out the beginning of Tokyo Road, Social Disease, and all the Blaze Of Glory dialog... the list just keeps going...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

You are not alone in this. All songs from New Jersey Demos and B-sides begin in the same way. That is poor and horrible. although I could overlook a couple of them though.

Captain_jovi 08-07-2017 01:11 AM

I can understand the demo, New Jersey and box set songs starting that way. Kind of to show the process but I completely agree on album songs it's odd and not as needed.

I also edited out the intro to Social Disease but for other....other reasons haha.

Becky 08-07-2017 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1226628)
I can understand the demo, New Jersey and box set songs starting that way. Kind of to show the process but I completely agree on album songs it's odd and not as needed.

I also edited out the intro to Social Disease but for other....other reasons haha.

I need your version! I was never able to listen to SWW if my parents were around when I was young and I sure can't listen to it at work! Haha

Savvi 08-07-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1226628)

Bahaha! I did the same to mine. I did it so long ago that when I was at a friend's house last week we decided to listen to SWW on vinyl, and I COMPLETELY forgot about that intro. Awkward! :lol: