Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Feb 14, 2017 - USA - Tampa - Amalie Arena (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69858)

Savvi 02-15-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1218419)

Oh man I was there that night. Earlier in that set I finally got to hear the one song I've been wanting to hear for years - I Believe. Was the best show I've been to.

steel_horse75 02-15-2017 11:49 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0967504f6c.jpg

Look at that. Someone says they thought the set was good.
Someone on here gonna contact her and tell her she's wrong? [emoji3]

James_86 02-15-2017 01:12 PM

With Rdkopper on this. We're four shows into the tour with the potential for European and Asian dates to come! In my experience the first batch of American shows have always had a fairly routine set list. Jon even stated the reasons in the last Q&A. I'd expect when their in the middle of this leg of the tour, they'll drip feed a couple of others into the set.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Walleris 02-15-2017 02:17 PM

Static set on a US tour is nothing new. However, no ballads on Valentine's day is quite a discouraging sign, except for Scars, which is not really a love song.

I understand not doing Always every night, but BOR and IBTFY are both substantially easier, not to mention Memory or even Real Love.

Javier 02-15-2017 02:22 PM

I remember the first few shows on the WAN tour being VERY critisized for the same reasons. This leg at least, will probably offer very little in the variety department....

symbeline 02-15-2017 03:35 PM

Roller Coaster from the back (actually a pretty cool view) IML (side view) Scars BOB Sat Night (last part) Wanted Prayer

symbeline 02-15-2017 03:38 PM

I'd be great to have a link to the show and/or the best videos for each song next to the setlist once we have all the info

I volunteer to gather the links if the OP can't do it, no problem :D

jovifan93 02-15-2017 04:03 PM

Setlist

Not commenting on the not-changing of the setlist night after night, here's my take on why each song is in the set and Jon probably thinks they should be:

1. This House Is Not For Sale - obvious, title track of the new album, name of the tour, and works as an opener
2. Knockout - new album track, no question here
3. You Give Love A Bad Name - hit, has to be played, especially for casuals
4. Born To Be My Baby - classic, was a single (?)
5. We Weren't Born To Follow - was a single, Jon likes it, besides being played every tour, Jon probably thinks it fits because of the US election
6. Lost Highway - Jon stated at the time that he thinks it's the best song he's ever written, so he just likes that one
7. Roller Coaster - new album track, and a great one at that, too
8. Work For The Working Man - again, most definitely influenced by the election. I get it and am one of the few who don't dislike the song
9. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead - classic, single, hit (?)
10. We Got It Goin' On - fun song, works live, gets the crowd going
11. Who Says You Can't Go Home - massive (?) hit in the US
12. It's My Life - monster hit
13. We Don't Run - new album (bonus)/BB track, rocker, no questions here
14. God Bless This Mess - new album track, and probably Jon's new anthem
15. Scars on This Guitar - Jon just likes that one, and one slow song in the set is more than fine
16. The Devil's in the Temple - new album track, Jon's statement on the music business, rocker, deserves to be there
17. Lay Your Hands On Me - classic
18. Blood on Blood - classic
19. Have a Nice Day - hit (?), always good to hear
20. Bad Medicine - classic, hit (?)
21. Keep the Faith - class, hit (?)
22. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night - classic
23. Wanted Dead or Alive - classic, hit
24. Prayer - classic, hit

So, I think the only ones being disputed are songs 5, 6 and 8 and probably the order in which they're played. I think it's a pretty good setlist. I don't even see dull parts/piss breaks, as they tend to be called on here. Vanilla? Maybe, but I wouldn't even go that far because of the return of LYHOM and Saturday Night electric, but definitely fun.

Would I be disappointed to get the exact same setlist on multiple shows? Probably, at least a bit. But it's been like that forever, even in Europe (ok, maybe there were 3-4 changes, but that's about it). Would still've had a great time! :-)

Faceman 02-15-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1218451)
Regarding the set list... one, give the guys a few shows to work it out and get comfortable... Sure they are selling them but let them master what they got first... Jon's got a whole new band up there and it's not as natural for them just yet... Practicing 100 songs doesn't give Jon the freedom to randomly start pulling out different tracks... they are still a professional band up there and Jon doesn't like mistakes...[...]

The only real new guy is J. Shanks (I don't count Everett because to me he adds nothing music-wise but vocal-wise and that's no problem with all those teleprompters).
And as professionals practicing 100 songs for over a week gives Jon the freedom to randomly start pulling out different tracks.
Remember the last tour? They only had the chance to rehearse with Phil during soundcheck or time-off between shows and they were able to mix it up. With all that time of praciticing before this tour now there should be no problem at all.
I already said it in another thread before: The static setlist is not a matter of the band but a matter of Jon. And only he knows why he keeps it that way.

But I also hear the other user, it's show number 4 and the US leg. Those static sets are nothing new.

_KaMi_ 02-15-2017 04:18 PM