Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Remasters question (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=25599)

yomamasofat 05-31-2004 12:41 AM

Remasters question

I got a question regarding the remastered albums: do they sound significantly better than the older version?

Freddie 05-31-2004 01:16 AM

If you got the "original" records, don't buy the remastered records.
But if you got SWW on vinyl, buy the CD :wink:

Kev 05-31-2004 01:29 AM

Re: Remasters question

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat
I got a question regarding the remastered albums: do they sound significantly better than the older version?

Hey! Welcome back...we aint seen you for a while :D

Freddie is right, i much prefer the origional recordings of each BJ album :D

Supersonic 05-31-2004 03:31 PM

Re: Remasters question

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat

Yes. Especially on KTF there's a big difference, the sound is much more clear. There isn't really a big difference between the new songs from Cross Road and TD though, but the albums before those do have a big difference in sound. The Japanese remasters with bonus discs are great too since they contain all the officially live tracks from each album remastered, which gives you a KTF from Red Bank 1993 remastered. 8)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Dave 1986 05-31-2004 10:01 PM

The only thing with the remastered KTF album is you don't get Save A Prayer, which is a bonus track on the original album.

Supersonic 05-31-2004 10:06 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86
The only thing with the remastered KTF album is you don't get Save A Prayer, which is a bonus track on the original album.

Plus no Starting All Over Again either. Though the bonus tracks from KTF and TD are on the Japanese 2CD remasters.

These Days has got Bitter Wine on it though, which officially was a bonus track. The weird thing is that Bitter Wine is also on the bonus disc from that 2CD remaster.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Dave 1986 05-31-2004 10:15 PM

Did they ever remaster the solo albums aswell? Because I remember with my Stranger In This Town CD I got a small leaflet about the remastered BJ albums and that the Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora solo projects will be remastered in early 1999. I bought SITT only 2 years ago so it should have been remastered but it doesn't have the remastered artwork.

Supersonic 05-31-2004 10:22 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86
Did they ever remaster the solo albums aswell? Because I remember with my Stranger In This Town CD I got a small leaflet about the remastered BJ albums and that the Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora solo projects will be remastered in early 1999. I bought SITT only 2 years ago so it should have been remastered but it doesn't have the remastered artwork.

Nope. They did promise it indeed in the leaflets, but it's never been done.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Teemu 05-31-2004 11:26 PM

When I bought my copy of Stranger In This Town the cd included the blue "Remastered booklet". And when I compared the sound of my new SITT cd to my friend's old SITT cd... I have to say that my SITT sounded louder & clearer.. :?

Teemu

Bleeding Purist 06-01-2004 12:26 AM

Bottomline..if you go for the Remasters..the Japanese double disc remasters are the way to go. You have that added incentive. My first purchase was the 7,800 F remaster. Oh I played the sh** out of the live bonus disc, which is mostly tracks from the 1985 Tokyo performance. Of course..now that I own the DVD the value of the CD diminishes...but initially when it was my first time hearing those songs live after hungering for them for years....I couldn't get enough! I knew the Video existed as I had always seen it listed in rock mags in the 80s going for 75 bucks...(to a teenager at the time ...it might as well have been 750 dollars.)