Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jon's vocals (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50998)

Panda 06-11-2010 08:37 AM

Jon's vocals

Watching this performance of Bed Of Roses at the 2nd night of the O2 sent shivers down my spine.
Not any particular high notes, but his voice is so crisp and clean and full. Theres no nasally sound and he isn't dodging any high notes.

This version of Always is just as good or better than most 1996 versions (which is just when his voice started to deteriorate) and it's one of the best versions I've seen this decade. And damn, can he hit those notes. And, he isnt standing rooted to the spot gripping the mic for dear life trying to belt out the notes the whole time.

Anywho, I'm just wondering if Jon's voice has reached a pinnacle or will it continue to grow stronger. And if it does could it be that it's the best it has been in 15 years?

I gotta admit, I was a tad worried at the start of the tour, but now.... damn. Sends shivers down my spine.

Bleedingguitar 06-11-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 994754)
Anywho, I'm just wondering if Jon's voice has reached a pinnacle or will it continue to grow stronger.

Im not sure but what i've heard is that after you quit smoking you can see gradual improvements over the next 1-2 years as your vocal chords are able to move better and hence get stronger with the exercise.

Obviously the hope is that once it improves far enough he can go back to his more natural singing technique which he was using around 1994. What lots of people say is that for last decade he has been using a different singing technique to cope with the diminished voice.

liljovi93 06-11-2010 07:59 PM

That version of Bed of roses is amazing!
Especially the high note near the end.

His voice will get better and better I think.

Johny 06-11-2010 09:18 PM

I wouldn't say in 15 years but in eight. He was singing really really good on One Wild Night tour but people tend to exaggerate to make it look such a big deal today.
The Bed Of Roses video is really stunning!! I'm so happy that his voice is back!

Becky 06-11-2010 10:41 PM

He sounds incredible! I've always wondered what it feels like to be able to sing with the kind of power he has. Must be nice! :) I'm really looking forward to another show.

Walleris 06-11-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 994923)
I wouldn't say in 15 years but in eight. He was singing really really good on One Wild Night tour but people tend to exaggerate to make it look such a big deal today.

I agree. He was really good on OWN tour, his voice was actually better in that tour than it was in 1996 TD tour in my opinion. In 1996 his voice still had tone and was very high-pitched, but had lost all of power. In 2001 Jon's vocal range wasn't as big (since he struggled to nail the high notes in Something To Believe In), but the voice overall was much more powerful. Too bad, the setlists sucked during that period.