Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   #05 - PNC Arena, Raleigh, North Carolina, April 9th 2022 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70898)

DryCounty 04-10-2022 01:31 PM

I'm sorry if I've missed something but what on earth makes people think Jon would bring out In & Out Of Love? Is it just based on Phil's comment that they were digging deep?
Like someone stated earlier I'd say that Radio, Older and Love's the Only Rule probably is digging deep for Phil. To be honest I don't think he has that good of knowledge in Bon Jovi's catalogue except the songs Jon tells him to learn.

musiccritic101 04-10-2022 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1278830)
I'm sorry if I've missed something but what on earth makes people think Jon would bring out In & Out Of Love? Is it just based on Phil's comment that they were digging deep?
Like someone stated earlier I'd say that Radio, Older and Love's the Only Rule probably is digging deep for Phil. To be honest I don't think he has that good of knowledge in Bon Jovi's catalogue except the songs Jon tells him to learn.

Some twitter account called Bon Jovi Talk tweeted a few weeks before the tour started that their ''trusted'' associate told them that In and Out of Love and Tokyo Road had been rehearsed. That apparently got everyone talking and that's how that rumor started.

liljovi93 04-10-2022 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiccritic101 (Post 1278834)
Some twitter account called Bon Jovi Talk tweeted a few weeks before the tour started that their ''trusted'' associate told them that In and Out of Love and Tokyo Road had been rehearsed. That apparently got everyone talking and that's how that rumor started.

Yep, that's me.

I'm sure more songs got rehearsed. I said from day one that I didn't expect them to be played. Rehearsing and playing are two completely different things.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

KeepTheFaith2211 04-10-2022 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1278835)
Yep, that's me.

I'm sure more songs got rehearsed. I said from day one that I didn't expect them to be played. Rehearsing and playing are two completely different things.

Yep. Think they rehearsed Little Bit Of Soul and another track in 2010 which never got played.

liljovi93 04-10-2022 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1278839)
Yep. Think they rehearsed Little Bit Of Soul and another track in 2010 which never got played.

They've probably rehearsed Unbroken and it's not been played yet. Not sure why people got excited. Genuinely didn't expect them to be played.

KeepTheFaith2211 04-10-2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1278840)
They've probably rehearsed Unbroken and it's not been played yet. Not sure why people got excited. Genuinely didn't expect them to be played.

Don’t think I know that one. Their newest material to me is still the GH songs! 😂

humm-baby 04-10-2022 06:05 PM

Probably won't hear Dry County this tour.. or maybe ever. Not sure if I'd want to at this point. I'm going to the Austin show.. would love to hear Luv Can if he can sing it well. But since it wasn't even on the US release I doubt it will ever be played again.

Butters 04-10-2022 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humm-baby (Post 1278843)
Probably won't hear Dry County this tour.. or maybe ever. Not sure if I'd want to at this point. I'm going to the Austin show.. would love to hear Luv Can if he can sing it well. But since it wasn't even on the US release I doubt it will ever be played again.

Luv Can and Blood in the Water both sounded (relatively) okay on that 2020 live show they did during the lockdown. I'm sure a lot of post production work went into making them sound okay but you'd have to think that Jon, or someone inside the organization, is aware that these are the two most liked songs off the album among fandom. Hopefully they will make an appearance.

In a world where Jon could sing, could you imagine ab encore with Dry County and Blood in the Water? That would be cool.

hackster73 04-10-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1278847)
Luv Can and Blood in the Water both sounded (relatively) okay on that 2020 live show they did during the lockdown. I'm sure a lot of post production work went into making them sound okay but you'd have to think that Jon, or someone inside the organization, is aware that these are the two most liked songs off the album among fandom. Hopefully they will make an appearance.

In a world where Jon could sing, could you imagine ab encore with Dry County and Blood in the Water? That would be cool.

Blood in the water is an extremely poor man's dry county.. it would tank live, just the same as most of the post 2005 output.

hackster73 04-10-2022 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiccritic101 (Post 1278834)

Even if played those songs would sound horrible now. It's a complete car crash.