Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   TV & Movies (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Star Wars (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=40633)

Cross Road 05-27-2007 07:52 PM

Star Wars

Is anyone here a Star Wars fan? I can say I am. I was introduced to it at an early age and I've been hooked ever since I watched a New Hope. My favorite list would have to go:

1. The Revenge of the Sith
2. The Phantom Mennace
3. The Empire Strikes Back
4. The Attack of teh Clones
5. A New Hope
6. The Return of the Jedi.

I used to have alot of Star Wars collectables too,(lightsabers, poster, special eddition dvds). I just wanted to see if anyone else liked the series.

Captain Walrus 05-27-2007 08:14 PM

*Raises hand* Yeah, I'm a massive fan, although my area of fandom is less about knowing obscure facts about the films, and more about reading the Expanded Universe books, have you read any of them?

Thomas Anderson 05-27-2007 08:19 PM

Well it's one of the biggest, most successful and most popular film series of all time, so I'm sure there'll be at least some replies here :)

I'm a fan myself, I'm too young to have seen the films on their original release, but I saw them on video when I was a kid and liked them, and then after the release of The Phantom Menace I watched them again and then saw that, and then followed the prequels eagerly. I went to see Episode II thrice and Episode III twice (though I liked Episode III more than Episode II, just a case of oppurtunity)

I don't think I could place an order on them as to any particular favourite, because as with any continuing film series such as this I like to look upon them as a whole and not as separate entities. I am one who actually does like the prequels though, I know many don't (and please let's not turn this thread into one bashing them)

I have the Special Edition boxset of the OT, and also I bought the Limited Edition ones separately (with the pre-SE on the 2nd disc) and just the prequels seperate, and I will get them out every so often and have a watch-through them. I look forward to seeing them all in HD at some point, and though I haven't read anything for a while I did hear that Episode I was going to be touched up a bit, mostly to add a CG Yoda instead of that monsterous puppet. I'm surprised they didn't do a theatrical re-release this year actually, since it's the 30th Anniversary of the original.

I did get a toy lightsabre around the time of Episode I, and I've had posters of all 6 films I think, though currently the only one up on my wall is the Episode III poster. Not really a big collector though, so not got any toys or whatever else.

Thomas Anderson 05-27-2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 749039)
*Raises hand* Yeah, I'm a massive fan, although my area of fandom is less about knowing obscure facts about the films, and more about reading the Expanded Universe books, have you read any of them?

I have read a few, my favourites of the ones I've read are the Grand Admiral Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn. I think it would make a great set of films.

Alex 05-27-2007 08:40 PM

Dude! Empire on 3???? http://www.bonjovi.nl/forum/images/smiles/nopompom.gif

Captain Walrus 05-27-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson (Post 749042)
Tomotyh Zahn

That's one of the most bizarre typos I've ever seen

Cross Road 05-27-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 749039)

I haven't really had that much time to read them. I'll have to go to my nearest book store to pick them up.

Thomas Anderson 05-27-2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 749051)
That's one of the most bizarre typos I've ever seen

:lol:

I've been doing that a lot lately, I think I just try to type too fast sometimes. Corrected now :p

Cowgirl77 05-27-2007 11:08 PM

I like Star Wars, but prefer the "old" ones :)

Solid Sambora 05-27-2007 11:27 PM

I've got quite a lot of the collectables, although I've not bought too much in the last few years.

Personally, I prefer the original trilogy. The three prequels are ok, but I can honestly say I wouldn't mind if he hadn't made them.

As for the Expanded Universe, I've read most of the books involving the main gang, not really into the more diverse stuff. The new 'Legacy' series I've only started now, not sure I'm gonna like the direction it's taking with Jacen etc. To be honest, it's not been the same since what happened to Chewie...