Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What were they thinking..... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69896)

steel_horse75 03-09-2017 08:14 PM

What were they thinking.....

Putting Blame it on the love of Rock N roll on Keep the Faith? It's shit.
That is all.......

bjcrazycpa 03-09-2017 08:17 PM

I say that about Woman In Love!! That's a crap song lol!

Captain_jovi 03-09-2017 09:26 PM

I always switch views on this. I think had they replaced it with one of the better songs that didn't make the album the whole thing would have lacked fun. Women in Love and Blame it on the Love are just fun filler songs to me but with a few switchups you have an album like The Circle, devoid of joy.

Nige 03-09-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1220562)
Putting Blame it on the love of Rock N roll on Keep the Faith? It's shit.
That is all.......

I love Blame It On The Love....my only complaint is that is it too similar to ISWID. But then the same is true of THINFS and GBTM many years later.

Jeeper 03-09-2017 09:39 PM

Woman In Love is poor. Some half decent guitar bits, that's about it. Blame It On The Love of Rock N Roll is pure filler. So many better songs should have replaced it - the story of almost every Jovi album, actually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 03-09-2017 09:43 PM

Except no one will ever agree on which songs should have been switched.

Jeeper 03-09-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1220572)
Except no one will ever agree on which songs should have been switched.

Very true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Becky 03-09-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1220563)
I say that about Woman In Love!! That's a crap song lol!

Jon thinks it's crap too and he wrote it. It was one of the very last songs written for KTF so he wasn't far enough removed from it to judge it properly when he decided to put it on the album.

I like it better than half the songs on The Circle and What About Now. At least it's catchy.

Dave 1986 03-09-2017 11:07 PM

Those two songs make the 2nd half of that album very lacklustre for me. The first 7 songs are solid, then the rest of the album is very hit and miss. I like Keep the Faith overall but I find it hard at times to enjoy it as much as some of the other earlier albums as it just lacks consistency throughout.

Panda 03-09-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1220577)
Jon thinks it's crap too and he wrote it. It was one of the very last songs written for KTF so he wasn't far enough removed from it to judge it properly when he decided to put it on the album.

I like it better than half the songs on The Circle and What About Now. At least it's catchy.

It's better than anything in the last 5 years.