Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official December 8 ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70461)

jovifan93 12-12-2018 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1249434)
I have finally come around to watch these clips. Can't believe what a difference it makes when Jon is like this. I smiled through entire LOAP simply because Jon put on a "believeable" performance for once. This really makes it obvious how much it means to a Bon Jovi show if Jon brings his A-game as a front man. Take a song like Roller Coaster - having Jon work the stage like that took it to another level as a live song.

Only shame is how inconsistent he is. It suck that you have to worry that you either get a statue behind the mic stand that seems to want nothing more than to get of the stage - or a great front man like the closing shows here in Australia. It's like a different front man if you compare the Tokyo show to the Sydney show.

True. And while that has been the case on recent tours, as well, it's never been as drastic (ok maybe in 2013). Only thing that makes me hope for next year is that he loves Munich (where I'm going), so we'll see...

faith1985 12-12-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1249460)
True. And while that has been the case on recent tours, as well, it's never been as drastic (ok maybe in 2013). Only thing that makes me hope for next year is that he loves Munich (where I'm going), so we'll see...

Of course I want a band that puts some effort into their work but I rather have someone who enjoys being onstage than a perfect show. I hope Munich will be a good one, although I don't expect it to be the highlight. I am much more interested in Wembley, tbh.

bonjovi90 12-12-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1249462)
Of course I want a band that puts some effort into their work but I rather have someone who enjoys being onstage than a perfect show. I hope Munich will be a good one, although I don't expect it to be the highlight. I am much more interested in Wembley, tbh.

The last German show usually is one of the top concerts of their European tour (Cologne 2013, Mannheim 2011, Frankfurt 2008 and so on) and this time that's Munich :D

faith1985 12-12-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1249465)
The last German show usually is one of the top concerts of their European tour (Cologne 2013, Mannheim 2011, Frankfurt 2008 and so on) and this time that's Munich :D

YEAH (we have to stay positive here...):-)But I agree: Cologne and Mannheim were indeed quite special. I don't really know why but I am more excited than I thought I would be!

Elvistico 12-15-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakatar (Post 1249195)
Crash now...boooooriiiiiiingggg...

I would'nt mind not hearing this song anymore ... ever.
It had it's purpose on the crush tour but, it's ok to burry it now.
Jon just can't get enough of that hip shake hands up in the air thing people do.
What a waste of 5 precious minutes in which so many other great songs could have been played