Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official Youtube.com Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36750)

JackieBlue 08-09-2017 11:02 AM

Richie apparently channeled his inner Dino at a fundraiser for the ASCAP Foundation on August 5. (He may have channeled Frankie, as well, because I read that he also sang "All The Way". But no video evidence has surfaced yet that I know of.) The event was held at the home of the late Sammy Cahn, who co-wrote both of these standards.

Gotta tell ya, guys, it wouldn't break my heart if Richie did this kind of stuff a lot more often. He seems to be having fun with it and there's nothing wrong with those pipes - or his versatility!* :)

*In my impartial, unbiased, and totally objective opinion, of course :D

Eveline 08-09-2017 11:34 AM

Oh my, it's all so sad to read. I became a fan way too late, dammit ._.

And the vid of Richie singing Dino's classic is balm to my heart <3 He not only delivers but man, you can tell he's enjoying it judging from his body language. He certainly feels the groove :D

bonjovi90 08-09-2017 01:15 PM

Rdkopper 08-09-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1226669)
Richie apparently channeled his inner Dino at a fundraiser for the ASCAP Foundation on August 5. (He may have channeled Frankie, as well, because I read that he also sang "All The Way". But no video evidence has surfaced yet that I know of.) The event was held at the home of the late Sammy Cahn, who co-wrote both of these standards.

Gotta tell ya, guys, it wouldn't break my heart if Richie did this kind of stuff a lot more often. He seems to be having fun with it and there's nothing wrong with those pipes - or his versatility!* :)

*In my impartial, unbiased, and totally objective opinion, of course :D

That was the freshest thing to come out of the Bon Jovi camp in the past 3 years... Richie looked great BTY...

He should definitely incorporate more of that into his act... Maybe a 2 or 3 song segment... And ditch the sidekick!!!

Good Stuff!!!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 08-09-2017 05:09 PM

I totally forgot they would end Bells of Freedom with Amazing Grace that tour.

Rdkopper 08-10-2017 03:59 AM

Here is a guy going through his entire collection in a five part series... It's a little long but pretty cool... Part 1 is his vinyl collection and Part 2 he gets through all his CDs up to These Days... He doesn't have everything and some of his facts are wrong but still cool to watch...

kleman 08-10-2017 12:49 PM

WOW, never saw this before. Video from Mumbai 1995 :

bonjovi90 08-10-2017 05:13 PM

Even though the band was playback, Jon's vocals were live and he put more effort into the song than he did on the regular tour performances. Probably because it was a special location with many important politicians around and he didn't use his guitar.

Faceman 08-10-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleman (Post 1226677)
WOW, never saw this before. Video from Mumbai 1995 :

Bon Jovi world tour- Mumbai, 1995 - YouTube

Great find!
I remember seeing part of it in a German TV documentary from 1996.

CLEYoungGun21 08-10-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1226679)
Even though the band was playback, Jon's vocals were live and he put more effort into the song than he did on the regular tour performances. Probably because it was a special location with many important politicians around and he didn't use his guitar.

The band is playback?? The whole thing sounds live to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk