Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Darkness - One Way Ticket (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=32308)

Rob 10-08-2005 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon is gorgeous
thanks
im glad i sortted that out as i didnt want to make a bad impression on my first post!

btw mark k rules! his work on kings call with phil lynott is ace

I'm quite surprised you knew that. Not many people know that Mark collaborated on that track. The solo is good on King's Call and very distinctive of Mark Knopfler, although his Dire Straits stuff and some of his solo stuff gives a bigger insight to how good he actually is. How did you get into Thin Lizzy? They're a really good band, but I wasn't even in to them when I was 14.

Kev 10-08-2005 10:18 PM

I really like this track. Cant wait to hear the rest of the album :D

Jon is gorgeous 10-08-2005 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob
I'm quite surprised you knew that. Not many people know that Mark collaborated on that track. The solo is good on King's Call and very distinctive of Mark Knopfler, although his Dire Straits stuff and some of his solo stuff gives a bigger insight to how good he actually is. How did you get into Thin Lizzy? They're a really good band, but I wasn't even in to them when I was 14.

thin lizzy are one of my fave ever bands
ive been a member of theri forum since i was 11
my dad got me into tehm when i was 4 by playin live and dangerous
ever since them ive been a huige fan, ive got all theri albums on cd adn vinyl also over10 dvds and 4 t shirts
phil lynott is a big inspiration to me

and finally after years of supporting them i went to dublin on august 20th to see the unveilign of the statue and a gig reuniting al the old lizzy members

Stratocaster 10-09-2005 04:27 PM

I dont rate them. Love is only a feeling was a fnatastic song but everything else on the album was average at best IMO. I friggin hate their frontman, everything about him annoys me. I still wouldn't mind seeing them live next time they tour though.

Rob 10-09-2005 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon is gorgeous
thin lizzy are one of my fave ever bands
ive been a member of theri forum since i was 11
my dad got me into tehm when i was 4 by playin live and dangerous
ever since them ive been a huige fan, ive got all theri albums on cd adn vinyl also over10 dvds and 4 t shirts
phil lynott is a big inspiration to me

and finally after years of supporting them i went to dublin on august 20th to see the unveilign of the statue and a gig reuniting al the old lizzy members

Your dad's done a good job. :) Live and Dangerous is a great live album. Alchemy is also a great live album by Dire Straits if you've heard it, shame Bon Jovi's OWN is nowhere near the same quality.

Jon is gorgeous 10-09-2005 09:30 PM

yeh alchemy is real good!!

Mr Bluesman 10-10-2005 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob
Live and Dangerous is a great live album.

The best live album ever, in my opinion. Saw a tribute band doing the whole of Live and Dangerous a couple of years back. Limehouse Lizzy - they were brilliant.

Jon is gorgeous 10-10-2005 07:45 PM

yeh i saw limehouse lizzy
real good tribute band
got all the old classics in there
i mean balck rose, cowboy song, still in love with you, emerald! what more could you want lol

Spikeout 10-13-2005 12:15 AM

Permission To Land was a pretty good album in my view, but Justin took it to far with the high pitched voice in a few of the songs especially Get Your Hands Of My Woman but Growing on Me, Love Is Only A Feeling, I Believe In A Thing Called Love, Friday Night and Holding My Own were great songs, the rest was average or decent at best.

One Way Ticket is a good single with a cool solo and for those who say this album will bomb there is no chance they have the radio play, the spotlight on them and have built a good enough fan base so there is no chance of it bombing. Won't get it at first I'll wait to see what the other singles sound like.

Dave 1986 11-09-2005 11:38 PM

One Way Ticket single release date - 14th November 2005

One Way Ticket To Hell...And Back album release date - 28th November 2005