Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1st April 2017 - Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69939)

JackieBlue 04-03-2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1222372)
... and why Jon is singing so close to the mic...

I had this same thought when I saw that he was away from the mic, interacting with the audience, while his voice was singing "This house is built on trust..." over top of the band singing "Coming home".

Thomas S 04-03-2017 10:22 AM

We're going to have to wait until the next show to see if this was the future of the band or just a one time screw up.

I'm very much hoping it was the latter, I would rather Jon sang averagely than threw away his credibility as an artist.

symbeline 04-03-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1222371)
This is a compilation of certain songs from the show:
Bon Jovi Live at Mohegan Sun (April1, 2017) - YouTube
I'm pretty sure I can hear the studio version in the background Roller Coaster as well and I have a feel that it's also played underneath WLOL and Born To Follow here...

On the other hand, LOAP was quite decent by today's standards:
LOAP - YouTube

I don't hear it (but I'm terrible at these things). The thing is, the chorus is where Jon would need those backing tracks the most, but then WTH does he have like 20 people on the stage that can sing and truly sing their asses off during lots of the choruses while Jon smiles and poses? It kinda defeats the purpose :confused:

Even I can hear that they've been using backing tracks on some songs throughout the years (Prayer of course is the most noticeable), but this is really ridiculous. There's a chance of making a mistake every time you use a backing track, higher if it's the whole damn song and specially if they start using those tricks at this stage of their career. No amount of stink eyes would fix the fact that the moment this happens, Jon look like a fool and a fraud.

I don't mind if they use some "help" in the most difficult parts BECAUSE Jon is moving around interacting with the audience. I'd chose watching a good show over hearing good vocals any day, but that's not been the case. The reviewers have been picking up on how weak his vocals are, but they still praise the show and Jon's charisma and that matters a lot, nobody cares if a 55 year old can't sing like ****ing Adele, this is a rock show. But I bet they won't gloss over the lip synching part the next time.

symbeline 04-03-2017 10:48 AM

The more I watch it the more I laugh

http://i63.tinypic.com/2jbumgk.jpg

But there's something disturbing about the fact that they managed to correct it on the spot. Very efficient, almost as if they had rehearsed a moment like this...

Bounce7800 04-03-2017 11:11 AM

I'd like to think it was some random pa lag, but it was clearly the album version complete with guitar solo. There's no need to fake that so God knows what was going on there, but that was shambolic.

SuperBrad 04-03-2017 11:37 AM

Im devastated! . Im so ashamed to call myself a Bon Jovi fan after seeing this . Time to quit now Jon .

Thomas S 04-03-2017 11:44 AM

I'd really like to think this was just some asshole in the sound crew, and not what Jon actually wanted. It was the version with the 'baptised in holy water' line and it was so out of time, surely it wasn't deliberately used?

I can't pass judgement on the other songs like WLOL or Born To Follow, but it was painfully obvious on this song. Amongst other things you could hear Jon singing the chorus, which of course he doesn't actually do live.

Gadden 04-03-2017 12:01 PM

Oh--- my----- god----

Walleris 04-03-2017 12:12 PM

As someone who likes to crap all over Jon's recent performances, I think you are way overreacting.

From the footage I've seen, this is clearly a ****-up behind the scenes that was not supposed to come across in the mix.

If Jon inteded to mime all the way, he would be moving the lips near a microphone (like he does during the Prayer high note); whereas he's clearly moving away from the microphone during the chorus of This House.

Plus, it would not be easy stuff like WWBTF or WLOL - he can manage to stay in key during those on his own. It would be the more difficult stuff from 80s and 90s (again, like Prayer high note or ITA ending).

Lastly, he would not be using studio versions. He would be using live recordings (again, like Prayer) to make it believable.

To sum up, he mimes on Prayer high note - shameful, but that's it. Next show will be back to "normal".

Rdkopper 04-03-2017 12:34 PM

One thing I noticed too is that he's singing the alternate version... the one where the lyrics are slightly different in the beginning... which is the first time we've heard that version all tour... Something is definitely up...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk