Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   #04 - Spectrum Center, Charlotte, North Carolina, April 8th 2022 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70896)

bonjovi90 04-08-2022 10:31 PM

#04 - Spectrum Center, Charlotte, North Carolina, April 8th 2022

https://bjtours.jimdofree.com/the-to...-carolina-usa/

Setlist:
01. Limitless
02. The Radio Saved My Life Tonight
03. You Give Love A Bad Name
04. We Weren't Born To Follow
05. It's My Life
06. Just Older
07. Born To Be My Baby
08. This House Is Not for Sale
09. Let It Rain
11. Keep The Faith
12. American Reckoning
13. We Don't Run (acoustic)
14. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (acoustic)
15. I'll SLeep When I'm Dead
16. Beautiful Drug
17. Wanted Dead or Alive
18. Roller Coaster
19. Have a Nice Day
20. Livin' on a Prayer

Encore:
21. Who Says You Can't Go Home
22. Bad Medicine

Round 4 tonight and the first back-to-back nights with Raleigh coming up tomorrow. Will Love's The Only Rule return or are we dropping back into more common song choices like it had happened so many times on US soil before?

Last time the band played in Charlotte was on April 21st, 2018:

https://bjtours.jimdofree.com/the-to...-carolina-usa/

Setlist:

01. This House Is Not For Sale
02. Raise Your Hands
04. Whole Lot Of Leavin'
05. Lost Highway
06. Born To Be My Baby
07. Who Says You Can't Go Home
08. It's My Life
09. We Weren't Born To Follow
10. Runaway
11. We Got it Going on
12. Keep The Faith
13. Amen
14. Bed of Roses
15. Lay Your Hands On Me
16. Living With The Ghost
17. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
18. Bad Medicine

Encore
19. (You Want To) Make A Memory
20. Wanted Dead Or Alive
21. Livin' On A Prayer

rolo_tomachi 04-09-2022 12:00 AM

Maybe tonight they play In & Out Of Love.
;)

steel_horse75 04-09-2022 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1278732)
Maybe tonight they play In & Out Of Love.
;)

In and out of tune more like :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StickToYourGuns45 04-09-2022 03:22 AM

According to Setlist.fm

01. Limitless
02. The Radio Saved My Life Tonight
04. We Weren't Born To Follow
05. It's My Life
06. Just Older
07. Born To Be My Baby
08. This House Is Not For Sale
09. Let It Rain
10. Keep The Faith
11. American Reckoning
12. We Don't Run ( Acoustic)
13. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (Acoustic)
14. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
15. Lost Highway
16. Beautiful Drug
17. Wanted Dead Or Alive
18. Roller Coaster
19. Have A Nice Day
20. Livin' On A Prayer

21. Who Says You Can't Go Home
22. Bad Medicine

Zacm95 04-09-2022 03:40 AM

I’m at this show. Setlist posted is accurate so far. I was extremely doubtful after the videos I’d seen. But I’m having a great time and not really noticing Jon’s vocal issue. American Reckoning now

Zacm95 04-09-2022 03:48 AM

We don’t run (acoustic)

musiccritic101 04-09-2022 03:52 AM

Saturday Night (acoustic)

musiccritic101 04-09-2022 03:57 AM

Sleep when I’m Dead

musiccritic101 04-09-2022 04:08 AM

Beautiful Drug

musiccritic101 04-09-2022 04:15 AM

Wanted Dead or Alive

musiccritic101 04-09-2022 04:23 AM

Roller coaster
HAND

musiccritic101 04-09-2022 04:27 AM

Livin on a prayer

musiccritic101 04-09-2022 04:36 AM

Who Says You Can’t Go Home

Zacm95 04-09-2022 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiccritic101 (Post 1278752)
Who Says You Can’t Go Home

From me at the show. I feel trolled. Bathroom break. Wanted loves the only rule so bad.

Rdkopper 04-09-2022 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zacm95 (Post 1278742)
I’m at this show. Setlist posted is accurate so far. I was extremely doubtful after the videos I’d seen. But I’m having a great time and not really noticing Jon’s vocal issue. American Reckoning now

That's great to hear!!! He's definitely singing better than the first couple of shows

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

DryCounty 04-09-2022 05:05 AM

Watched a stream of Wanted until the end. Some observations:
- Jon pretty much didn’t say a word from Wanted until the end of the show. Seemed to be pretty much about simply making it till the end.
- Haven’t noticed earlier but they haven’t just changed the tuning for Prayer but the actual key. The riff is played in D minor instead of E. I don’t have a guitar close by to check out the tuning on the guitar. But I never thought they’d change the key playing wise for Prayer.
- David covers up a lot on the verses on Who Says.
- Tico is still such a beast. Dave, Tico and Phil is the highlight.
- None of the fun in a Jovi show is left. Feels very strict and serious. But from judging the video people seemed to be really enjoying themselves. By the end of the day that’s what it’s about I guess. But for a die hard like myself it’s very hard to accept this is the level of quality we are getting.

Zacm95 04-09-2022 05:12 AM

Have a 1.5 hour drive home and need food. Initial thoughts are that the show was kinda on par with the 2018 shows in person IMO. And I’ve seen the dreadful videos from this leg so far. Contemplated selling my tickets to Greenville but got cheap lowers today and had a great time. This, of course, is before watching any of the videos that I recorded.

trevrox 04-09-2022 05:22 AM

Lmao, who stamps their name like this on a screenshot of the notes app?

https://twitter.com/Jerrybraden92/st...X4R7vC_pw&s=19

Rdkopper 04-09-2022 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1278757)
Lmao, who stamps their name like this on a screenshot of the notes app?

https://twitter.com/Jerrybraden92/st...X4R7vC_pw&s=19

It's saying page doesn't exist. Attach a screen shot image

efpg0708 04-09-2022 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1278755)
Watched a stream of Wanted until the end. Some observations:
- Jon pretty much didn’t say a word from Wanted until the end of the show. Seemed to be pretty much about simply making it till the end.
- Haven’t noticed earlier but they haven’t just changed the tuning for Prayer but the actual key. The riff is played in D minor instead of E. I don’t have a guitar close by to check out the tuning on the guitar. But I never thought they’d change the key playing wise for Prayer.
- David covers up a lot on the verses on Who Says.
- Tico is still such a beast. Dave, Tico and Phil is the highlight.
- None of the fun in a Jovi show is left. Feels very strict and serious. But from judging the video people seemed to be really enjoying themselves. By the end of the day that’s what it’s about I guess. But for a die hard like myself it’s very hard to accept this is the level of quality we are getting.

Exactly this. There’s nothing left for the die hards. The casuals still have a good time (his vocals are drained in the arena’s acoustics, they get the hits they went for …). But everything that used to make for a great show for the die hards (setlists, performances, improvisations, and son on are completely gone).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trevrox 04-09-2022 06:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1278760)
It's saying page doesn't exist. Attach a screen shot image

He deleted it

superkid 04-09-2022 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1278763)
Exactly this. There’s nothing left for the die hards. The casuals still have a good time (his vocals are drained in the arena’s acoustics, they get the hits they went for…). But everything that used to make for a great show for the die hards (setlists, performances, improvisations, and son on are completely gone).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sort of disagree, I think this show would be less enjoyable for casual fans since it's so heavy on the new material that they wouldn't know, plus Radio and Just Older. I thought the 2018 tour's setlist was more geared towards casual fans than this one, 5 songs from Slippery and NJ combined is a relatively small number.

Overall I think that Richie leaving had a bigger negative impact on the concert going experience for me than Jon's vocals declining. As you mentioned the vocals kind of get drowned out while you are there and you don't focus on them like you do when watching a youtube video. But with Richie being gone you lose his voice, stage presence, superior talk box skills, and the chemistry they had. And if he was still in the band he'd probably be singing multiple songs a night at this point and it would be the highlight. :(

In terms of tonight's setlist I'm glad to see them drop In These Arms and I'll Be There for You, those are way too hard for him to sing at this stage. ITA only makes sense if David sings.

@Zacm95 You had to know Who Says was coming lol. That song is never getting dropped.

bounce442 04-09-2022 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superkid (Post 1278765)
I sort of disagree, I think this show would be less enjoyable for casual fans since it's so heavy on the new material that they wouldn't know, plus Radio and Just Older. I thought the 2018 tour's setlist was more geared towards casual fans than this one, 5 songs from Slippery and NJ combined is a relatively small number.

Overall I think that Richie leaving had a bigger negative impact on the concert going experience for me than Jon's vocals declining. As you mentioned the vocals kind of get drowned out while you are there and you don't focus on them like you do when watching a youtube video. But with Richie being gone you lose his voice, stage presence, superior talk box skills, and the chemistry they had. And if he was still in the band he'd probably be singing multiple songs a night at this point and it would be the highlight. :(

In terms of tonight's setlist I'm glad to see them drop In These Arms and I'll Be There for You, those are way too hard for him to sing at this stage. ITA only makes sense if David sings.

@Zacm95 You had to know Who Says was coming lol. That song is never getting dropped.

I agree with this. If I was a casual, I'd be super disappointed. The vocals are dreadful and there aren't many songs I would know... and hearing them in this condition wouldn't inspire me to go look them up. Beautiful drug and LTOR, maybe.
I wouldn't say Richie's absence is more noticeable than Jon's voice but I would say it's roughly 50/50. Phil X is working his butt off (and Shanks surprised me a couple times) and Phil is a lot of fun to watch, but he isn't Richie.
I am disappointed the set list is moving in the wrong direction. Sleep is back, again. Next we'll get We Got it Going On and Whole Lot of Leaving.

steel_horse75 04-09-2022 08:54 AM

4 shows in….where are these songs that are way back in their discography?

rolo_tomachi 04-09-2022 09:05 AM

Damn, they didn't play In & Out Of Love. Well, don't worry, I'm sure they'll play it at the next show.
:usa

hackster73 04-09-2022 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1278767)

Indeed.. loves the only rule already dropped. No deep cuts as indicated in rehearsals... just older and radio are songs that have been played a fair bit in previous tours, nice to have them but they aren't deep cuts.

Xavi 04-09-2022 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1278767)

Tour by tour they do the same,and those songs never get played.
I dont know why people believe this time would be diferent.

Zacm95 04-09-2022 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1278770)
Indeed.. loves the only rule already dropped. No deep cuts as indicated in rehearsals... just older and radio are songs that have been played a fair bit in previous tours, nice to have them but they aren't deep cuts.

Can’t speak for the whole country or fandom but when is the last time any of those songs were included in a setlist in the US specifically the southeast US? Loves the only rule 2010? The others 2005 ish? We get the basic US tour setlist every time around here. This was my 15th show and the first I have heard Radio or Just Older (aside from the bounce tour when I was 7.. Very little recollection of that show at boardwalk hall sadly). Circle tour on I’ve gotten pretty standard sets. It was nice to hear them both in Charlotte tonight. For those who care, I’ll post more of a review when I get some sleep. But I had a fantastic time at this show.

steel_horse75 04-09-2022 11:54 AM

https://twitter.com/jane_jbj/status/...Wz94AyDOQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 04-09-2022 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zacm95 (Post 1278772)
Can’t speak for the whole country or fandom but when is the last time any of those songs were included in a setlist in the US specifically the southeast US? Loves the only rule 2010? The others 2005 ish? We get the basic US tour setlist every time around here. This was my 15th show and the first I have heard Radio or Just Older (aside from the bounce tour when I was 7.. Very little recollection of that show at boardwalk hall sadly). Circle tour on I’ve gotten pretty standard sets. It was nice to hear them both in Charlotte tonight. For those who care, I’ll post more of a review when I get some sleep. But I had a fantastic time at this show.

Yeah Man. Keep posting your reviews.

How was the energy of the place? How was Jon's overall energy? How did the new songs go over? Were people complaining about Jon's voice?

JoviForever 04-09-2022 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1278770)

Jon comes out with this bull every tour about the set lists and it never materialises. I wasn’t expecting any different this time!🙄

faith1985 04-09-2022 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1278781)
Jon comes out with this bull every tour about the set lists and it never materialises. I wasn’t expecting any different this time!🙄

The fact that they are putting these songs that are QUITE rare on the set list and that they added the acoustic part for me is absolutely delivering his promise. Plus the the different version of WDR is a big surprise for me. I mean, Sure, even deeper cuts would be awesome but so far, I wouldnt mind seeing this set being played

steel_horse75 04-09-2022 05:59 PM

Do we really need to hear Sleep again though?

steel_horse75 04-09-2022 06:22 PM

So this person on Twitter has used software to turn music down and bring Jon’s vocals up.

https://twitter.com/jbjexpmemes/stat...fBPXZgI3ie4cbQ

Heart breaking. Really feel for him.

faith1985 04-09-2022 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1278786)
So this person on Twitter has used software to turn music down and bring Jon’s vocals up.

Way better than you make it out to be, IMO. I'd actually enjoy it. Not it is not great but not really bad. Plus the song as a whole is still brilliant live

faith1985 04-09-2022 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1278784)
Do we really need to hear Sleep again though?

If it has a decent medley, yes!

Zacm95 04-09-2022 07:31 PM

I was 2 sections from the stage in the lower level. Got them for 80 a ticket. The energy from the crowd was not there. The people next to me left for the night at the start of the acoustic set. Everyone sat for most of the show. They didn’t even seem to know BTBMB or KTF as most stayed seated. New songs went over everyone’s heads.. And by new I mean everything from Lost Highway to the 2020 songs. My section stayed seated for the vast majority of the night (hope they enjoyed staring at the back of my bounce tour T shirt). I refuse to ever sit. I sang loud and proud all night. I considered selling my tickets to Greenville to go to John Mayer instead when I saw videos from the first 2 shows. But when I saw cheap tickets for Charlotte yesterday I couldn’t say no. I love this band and being 26 I mostly missed the time period where they were top notch live. I didn’t hear anybody complaining about Jons vocals. I was extremely worried and my plus 1 didn’t even want to go after hearing how he was sounding. We were both pleasantly surprised and at no point in the show did either of us say damn that sounded rough.
Some things I thought were odd… 1. Jesse was sitting about 6 seats from me and there seemed to be a small table right as you entered the floor. I think he was handing out Hampton Water and was taking pics with people. 2. They are selling an autographed tour poster at the merch stands. Never seen them selling anything autographed before.
I was really disappointed Who Says opened the encore. I thought maybe I was getting lucky when it wasn’t played in the main set. To another poster, I know. We’re never getting a show without it here. My optimism had me thinking maybe it was dropped. Jon was absolutely GLUED to the mic stand for the entire show. I don’t recall him moving from it at any point while actually singing apart from Bad Medicine. Hearing Radio and Just Older sent me over the moon and I was so happy to hit my 15th show. This definitely isn’t the same band or show that it was in 2010 or even early 2013. I accepted last tour that those times are gone but I had a great time last night.
Some thoughts on the setlist.. IBTFY/Always/BOR TLFR versions could help the acoustic set for casuals. The crush tour version of Runaway could also. Or throwing in Runaway at any point maybe even during the first 3-4 songs. Saturday Night didn’t even go over well acoustically. I’m not really sure what the casuals want at this point but it was a fun show for me and I’m looking forward to Greenville Monday. Also trying to keep myself from Raleigh tonight since it’s 3.5 hours away.

Thierry 04-09-2022 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zacm95 (Post 1278791)
I was 2 sections from the stage in the lower level. Got them for 80 a ticket. The energy from the crowd was not there. The people next to me left for the night at the start of the acoustic set. Everyone sat for most of the show. They didn’t even seem to know BTBMB or KTF as most stayed seated. New songs went over everyone’s heads.. And by new I mean everything from Lost Highway to the 2020 songs. My section stayed seated for the vast majority of the night (hope they enjoyed staring at the back of my bounce tour T shirt). I refuse to ever sit. I sang loud and proud all night. I considered selling my tickets to Greenville to go to John Mayer instead when I saw videos from the first 2 shows. But when I saw cheap tickets for Charlotte yesterday I couldn’t say no. I love this band and being 26 I mostly missed the time period where they were top notch live. I didn’t hear anybody complaining about Jons vocals. I was extremely worried and my plus 1 didn’t even want to go after hearing how he was sounding. We were both pleasantly surprised and at no point in the show did either of us say damn that sounded rough.
Some things I thought were odd… 1. Jesse was sitting about 6 seats from me and there seemed to be a small table right as you entered the floor. I think he was handing out Hampton Water and was taking pics with people. 2. They are selling an autographed tour poster at the merch stands. Never seen them selling anything autographed before.
I was really disappointed Who Says opened the encore. I thought maybe I was getting lucky when it wasn’t played in the main set. To another poster, I know. We’re never getting a show without it here. My optimism had me thinking maybe it was dropped. Jon was absolutely GLUED to the mic stand for the entire show. I don’t recall him moving from it at any point while actually singing apart from Bad Medicine. Hearing Radio and Just Older sent me over the moon and I was so happy to hit my 15th show. This definitely isn’t the same band or show that it was in 2010 or even early 2013. I accepted last tour that those times are gone but I had a great time last night.
Some thoughts on the setlist.. IBTFY/Always/BOR TLFR versions could help the acoustic set for casuals. The crush tour version of Runaway could also. Or throwing in Runaway at any point maybe even during the first 3-4 songs. Saturday Night didn’t even go over well acoustically. I’m not really sure what the casuals want at this point but it was a fun show for me and I’m looking forward to Greenville Monday. Also trying to keep myself from Raleigh tonight since it’s 3.5 hours away.

Go to Raleigh man if you want to go. Probably this is your last chance with this tour. If you like this; why not consider it?

DestinationJovi 04-09-2022 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1278786)

With this manipulatin you can hear he's singing over a backing track. It's very obvious during the chorus and beginning of the verse with "Tell me baby when I hurt you." Not sure how that's done if they're performing in a lower key but I definitely hear it.

DestinationJovi 04-09-2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zacm95 (Post 1278791)

Go to John Mayer. He is killing it this tour. Sob Rock is so good and he's playing deep cuts. He's also not screaming over a backing track or miming high notes.