Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Re-record Limitless? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70691)

bonboy25 03-20-2020 09:34 AM

Re-record Limitless?

Hi guys, dunno if anyone is interested, but I'm keen to come up with a "JoviTalk" version of Limitless. I'm using the studio instrumental, but need a guitarist to shred a wicked solo for me. Need to have a DAW of some kind to get a proper sound. Potentially looking for some vocalists to cover it too. I have a demo of the layout if anyone is interested.

For those wondering, I got rid (of most) of the twangy guitar parts and replaced it with (potenitally) catchier riff. And I got rid of that god awful bridge (vocally) The problem is I'm not very good at guitar, be great to have a proper guitarist!

Comment bellow if you're interested!

steel_horse75 03-20-2020 09:41 AM

Just tell me you are leaving out that bridge!

bonboy25 03-20-2020 09:43 AM

Its shortened and turns into the beginning of the solo, vocals are gone burgers!

rickysambo 03-20-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1262440)
Hi guys, dunno if anyone is interested, but I'm keen to come up with a "JoviTalk" version of Limitless. I'm using the studio instrumental, but need a guitarist to shred a wicked solo for me. Need to have a DAW of some kind to get a proper sound. Potentially looking for some vocalists to cover it too. I have a demo of the layout if anyone is interested.

For those wondering, I got rid (of most) of the twangy guitar parts and replaced it with (potenitally) catchier riff. And I got rid of that god awful bridge (vocally) The problem is I'm not very good at guitar, be great to have a proper guitarist!

Comment bellow if you're interested!

Sure, Guitar player here. I've never managed to get myself to listen to even 2 seconds of Post Richie stuff but I guess one doesn't necessarily have to [for this], just lemme know the time stamp where you want the solo, once you send over the music file [email: rickydrycounty@gmail.com].
Lemme know if you think it'll work! Here's some of YouTube links to BJ covers]:

steel_horse75 03-20-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickysambo (Post 1262443)
Sure, Guitar player here. I've never managed to get myself to listen to even 2 seconds of Post Richie stuff but I guess one doesn't necessarily have to [for this], just lemme know the time stamp where you want the solo, once you send over the music file [email: rickydrycounty@gmail.com].

Bon Jovi: Silent Night solo (Richie Sambora) COVER - YouTube
If "We Rule The Night" had a Guitar Solo! - YouTube
Bon Jovi: 99 in the Shade. Guitar Solo (Richie Sambora) - YouTube
Bon Jovi: I'd Die for you Solo cover - YouTube

Superb.
Wish I could play like that. I think youre either born with it or youre not.

rickysambo 03-20-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1262445)
Superb.
Wish I could play like that. I think youre either born with it or youre not.

Thanks a lot, steel_horse75!
IMO, the finer aspects like drive/passion/inspiration/influences are 95% for a musician [especially these days] rather than inate ability.

Nige 03-20-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Wow - those are great!

bonboy25 03-20-2020 10:17 PM

Quote:

You're awesome! Great stuff, I'll send you an email of the scratch demo!

DryCounty 03-21-2020 02:51 PM

If you’re gonna re-record it I’d suggest change the key up quite a few steps to get some power in the vocals. If youre using the BJ version I guess thats hard but if you’re doing it proper from the scratch it could be cool!

bonboy25 07-10-2020 07:57 AM

So after a few months, finally "finished". Feel free to post some feedback. Its the original backing track that leaked, cut in places to get rid of some of that twangy guitar, add a solo section etc.

Massive thank you to rickysambo, a fellow dry county member for playing them shredding guitars, and adding some life to the song.

Its not the final version of the song, as I'll implement whatever feedback I get if necessary, and fix anything I don't like after listening to it for a bit.

Would anyone be keen to make a music video? Maybe something like the New York tribute or something. Otherwise I'll slap some random clips together and post the song on youtube, when I get the time.

Hope you enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19-b...ew?usp=sharing

YOVANAfromPeru 07-10-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1265322)
So after a few months, finally "finished". Feel free to post some feedback. Its the original backing track that leaked, cut in places to get rid of some of that twangy guitar, add a solo section etc.

Massive thank you to rickysambo, a fellow dry county member for playing them shredding guitars, and adding some life to the song.

Its not the final version of the song, as I'll implement whatever feedback I get if necessary, and fix anything I don't like after listening to it for a bit.

Would anyone be keen to make a music video? Maybe something like the New York tribute or something. Otherwise I'll slap some random clips together and post the song on youtube, when I get the time.

Hope you enjoy!

I can hear an influenced Richie Sambora guitar solo and almost an Alec voice >_< jaja.
Anyway, I don't like it.
>_< jajaja.

Alphavictim 07-10-2020 02:54 PM

The new vocal melody in the chorus is worse than the original IMO. The lead up to the solo was by far the best part, but everything sounds like it's soaked in reverb. Also, some of these transitions are quite harsh. I dig the backing vocals in the last chorus. Not a fan of the intro noodling; it's less catchy than before.

Vocals aren't bad but sound rather strained in places. For example, the "WIIIIIISH" in the chorus is especially guilty of this.

Also, one criticism I have of the song is that it's lacking dynamics. The difference in intensity between the verses and the chorus is not especially pronounced; the verses sound super busy (did you raise the tempo?), and the chorus is very shouty. There's little room to breathe. Could have used the quiet intro-build up after the solo before you go into the chorus, for example. Instead, it's just BAM BAM BAM.

IndiannaRose 07-10-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Hope you enjoy!

Awesome! I really enjoyed listening to that. Great job!

GabrielC 07-10-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Hope you enjoy!

I love the solo! Great job, guys! :)