Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

Walleris 10-16-2013 06:19 PM

Saw Bruno Mars in Amsterdam yesterday and had a huge blast. The dude is ****ing legit!

Firstly, I've seen some great singers live (Kelly Clarkson, Steven Tyler, Chester Bennington to name a few), but yesterday I witnessed the best vocal performance. He didn't ditch a single high note in any of his songs, and even added some extra ones on some.

Secondly, on a scale of 10, I give his band 11. Not only do they sound so well, but their look and dance moves are so cool. They just look like a gang on stage, not just a bunch of hired musicians.

Thirdly, I didn't realize how great of a dancer he actually is, cause he doesn't relly on it as much as some other popstars, but really has great moves. The guy can do anything, fantastic singer and songwriter and a great dancer too.

So yeah, the guy is the closest thing we have to Michael Jackson and I was really glad to have a chance to see such a big star at the height of his popularity. Go and see him if you have a chance. It's a pop show, but a damn great one!

DevilsSon 10-16-2013 06:21 PM

Pat Travers. Was good fun...even if I ended up without a phone at the end of the night...and I so miss my Galaxy S4 now................

nrm123 10-29-2013 01:18 AM

Thinking about buying tickets to see Michael Buble for my girl for Xmas considering I've dragged her along to mine. Anyone seen him live?

bonjovi821 10-29-2013 02:10 AM

Alice Cooper's Christmas Pudding. Including Alice Cooper, KISS, Vince Neil, and some other people I don't quite care about.

DevilsSon 10-29-2013 02:08 PM

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds last night. No wonder Rolling Stone magazine has them in the top 10 of acts to see. He was fabulous. Some of the songs were performed at such intensity that I thought a train is running me over. Incredible.

Only problem, the highlight of the show was the second song in the set. Jubilee Street. That was surreal, never seen anything like that in my life. After two songs I was thinking this was going to be the best gig I have ever attended. I think it just so happened that they completely let loose on that song and even if subsequently they were very energetic, it never matched the same levels of intensity.

But once again, one of the most amazing live experiences you can have. Almost religious at times...

Alphavictim 10-29-2013 05:20 PM

Skid Row with Ugly Kid Joe
Versus The World with Templeton Pek
Papa Roach

Gonna be a busy November.

DevilsSon 11-05-2013 09:08 PM

Paradise Lost with Lacuna Coil and Katatonia

Paradise Lost is such a kick ass band. I think they even opened for Bon Jovi in 1996 (Budapest if I am not mistaken)...right. In any case - they are such an amazing band. Made it through the moshpit straight to 2nd row. Lots of fun.

Panda 11-05-2013 10:11 PM

Jon Bryant - a really good folk musician. This will be my second time seeing him. Check him out if you want some new good tunes.

Jim Bon Jovi 11-06-2013 01:04 AM

Travis.

I'd be lying if I said my senses and thought process weren't slightly numbed when I booked them on Saturday night :D

Not bought an album of there's for years but I used to be a big fan and saw them a few times back in the day so I'm quite excited about reliving my misspent youth.

Gig is the Saturday before Christmas so everyone will be right up for a party too :D

bounce442 11-17-2013 08:14 AM

Pearl Jam

Just got home and my mind is blown. I have seen the twice over the last 13 years and one Vedder solo show, and tonight was the best (mainly because they weren't touring on Riat Act). How can a set list change so much from night to night? How can they play Satan's Bed and not Better Man or Corduroy. Porch and not Alive. I'm in no way complaining... I loved not knowing what to expect... I loved every minute of it.

So far this year Pearl Jam, Paul McCartney, and Aerosmith have exceeded my expectations. Great shows.