Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Cinderella (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50497)

Makedde 03-18-2010 10:56 AM

Cinderella

I have just discovered this most awesome band, and I hear that Jon himself actually 'discovered' them.

If this is the case, what does he think of them now? Has he ever mentioned them in an interview, perhaps he was a fan? From what I have heard, he heard the singer (Tom or something) singing in a bar and thought he was pretty good.

I'd just like to know a bit more about this 'discovery' of his and whether he has mentioned enjoying their music?

Bleeding Purist 03-18-2010 05:53 PM

Good to hear you discovered them, though I honestly can't answer any of your questions regarding Jon's perception of them at this point.

It was unfortunate that they got swallowed up with mediocre hair bands from that period. They came out right at the start of it all along with Poison. They deserved to have greater longevity. I'll say this...you HAD to see them live to "get it." The albums and music videos never quite did it and once I saw them headlining, I couldn't even listen to the albums anymore. I just wanted a live album or video which didn't come until years later. In the 90's on those multi-band bills with Poison or whoever else they always managed to shit on them, no surprise.

Simon 03-18-2010 08:16 PM

I think they stopped making music in the early 90s due to failing commercially, what is a shame really. Awesome band with an awesome singer. "Long Cold Winter" is one of my favourites with this raw energy and bluesy guitar.

Wasn't there a comeback in the making?

I could never really get into Poison, Ratt, Mr. Big or Motley Crue. All of whom are in a similar genre, but Cinderella had something that got me hooked.

San_jovi 03-18-2010 08:29 PM

Cinderella are brilliant. Definitely stand out as it's been said, from all the rubbish that was about.

Check out Heartbreak Station. Fab album.

Rob 03-18-2010 08:49 PM

I've had their Greatest Hits album for a while. Never been massively into it but maybe I should give it another listen. Gypsy Road and Nobody's Fool were a couple of songs that stood out.

Iceman 03-18-2010 09:01 PM

Cinderella is great, and Still Climbing is their best album. No dragged-out blues jams, just great songs.

There isn't a comeback in the making, they've been around again for a decade. Tom's voice keeps going though, not sure how long he can do this.

Ice

Simon 03-18-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 978740)
Cinderella is great, and Still Climbing is their best album. No dragged-out blues jams, just great songs.

There isn't a comeback in the making, they've been around again for a decade. Tom's voice keeps going though, not sure how long he can do this.

Ice

Really? But just for touring then, they didn't release anything else than a couple of compilations, right? I read somewhere something about a "comeback" though. I didn't follow them at all, so I thought they just quit it back in 1994/95 for good.

SexxAtraxxion 03-19-2010 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 978722)
It was unfortunate that they got swallowed up with mediocre hair bands from that period.

I agree, they got "swallowed up" with Bon Jovi.

Best regards,
the Sexx

Spidey5150 03-19-2010 02:47 AM

I'm listening to Cinderella right now!!!!

Makedde 03-19-2010 05:58 AM

Thanks to whoever moved this - I wasnt sure where to put it!

I have got myself an album of theres. I ordered it, I think its 'Night Songs' or something like that. Night something, anyway. Gypsy Road is a pretty cool song.

Yeah I havent found anything about Jon saying what he thinks of them now, and its a pity they failed, but I did hear about a comeback tour, its on their Wiki page.