Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bounce Demos in HD (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70803)

jimmyjovi89 01-27-2021 07:32 PM

Bounce Demos in HD
 
Hey guys Iíve been listening to the discography in HD and really noticed a difference in the sound quality. I love Bounce but I do think some of the demos are better than the album tracks. Doesnít anyone have any quality versions of the songs or know where to get them from?

Alphavictim 01-27-2021 07:40 PM

I mean, they are demos. Of course they're (not all) full blown hi-fi studio productions. Most (if not all) of them were available on singles and the like, so it's not like they're lossy rips?

Captain_jovi 01-27-2021 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1271999)
I mean, they are demos. Of course they're (not all) full blown hi-fi studio productions. Most (if not all) of them were available on singles and the like, so it's not like they're lossy rips?

Yeah this. The ones floating around are just MP3 versions of what was released on singles. You could increase the quality to do a straight .wav rip but it's not going to make it THAT much better if you're looking for the overproduced sound the final album has.

A lot of them are pretty much live off the floor without a ton of overdubbing.

jimmyjovi89 01-27-2021 10:17 PM

Cheers guys Iíve got the mp3s, I like the songs the way they are production wise itís just making sure Iíve got the best sounding versions.

Dave 1986 01-27-2021 11:06 PM

Personally, I think the best sounding version of the Bounce demos can be found on the 2003 Target CD.

https://www.discogs.com/Bon-Jovi-Bon...elease/2108923

1. Breathe (Demo)
2. Lucky (Demo)
3. No Regrets (Demo)
4. Standing (Demo)
5. We Can Dance (Demo)
6. Misunderstood (Live)
7. Everyday (Acoustic)
8. Just Older (LIve)

The five demos have much better dynamic range on that disc compared to the singles they were released on. I neglected buying it at the time but I happened to have an MP3 version of that disc on my computer and decided to compare the waveforms and I couldn't believe how much better they looks (and sounded) compared to the b-side versions I'd been listening to. Based on this I decided to buy the CD from Amazon UK and was able to find it at a fair price and they were the same mastering as the MP3's I had. No remixing going on however, they're the exact same songs/versions but just with much more depth and feel compared to the brickwalled CD single b-side versions. The three live tracks still had low DR values however.

I uploaded the DR values on here;

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/149339

I wish I'd known about this years earlier as I wouldn't have bothered with collecting as many of the singles otherwise. Even if you're not interested in dynamic range but want to collect the Bounce b-sides, this is an essential purchase and saves you money buying the Japanese single of "Everyday" for "Breathe".

I all fairness, most of the Bounce demos that were released sounded as good as finished anyway. It's not like any of them sounded rough in any way. There are no HD releases of these songs. CD is as good as it will ever get.

rolo_tomachi 01-27-2021 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1272010)
Personally, I think the best sounding version of the Bounce demos can be found on the 2003 Target CD.

https://www.discogs.com/Bon-Jovi-Bon...elease/2108923

1. Breathe (Demo)
2. Lucky (Demo)
3. No Regrets (Demo)
4. Standing (Demo)
5. We Can Dance (Demo)
6. Misunderstood (Live)
7. Everyday (Acoustic)
8. Just Older (LIve)

The five demos have much better dynamic range on that disc compared to the singles they were released on. I neglected buying it at the time but I happened to have an MP3 version of that disc on my computer and decided to compare the waveforms and I couldn't believe how much better they looks (and sounded) compared to the b-side versions I'd been listening to. Based on this I decided to buy the CD from Amazon UK and was able to find it at a fair price and they were the same mastering as the MP3's I had. No remixing going on however, they're the exact same songs/versions but just with much more depth and feel compared to the brickwalled CD single b-side versions. The three live tracks still had low DR values however.

I uploaded the DR values on here;

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/149339

I wish I'd known about this years earlier as I wouldn't have bothered with collecting as many of the singles otherwise. Even if you're not interested in dynamic range but want to collect the Bounce b-sides, this is an essential purchase and saves you money buying the Japanese single of "Everyday" for "Breathe".

I all fairness, most of the Bounce demos that were released sounded as good as finished anyway. It's not like any of them sounded rough in any way. There are no HD releases of these songs. CD is as good as it will ever get.

I was always curious as to how Another Reason To Believe would sound included in the bonus disc from 100 millions cant be wrong Japan edition.

Dave 1986 01-27-2021 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1272011)
I was always curious as to how Another Reason To Believe would sound included in the bonus disc from 100 millions cant be wrong Japan edition.

I've no idea about that one but I'm guessing it'll me in keeping with the other "main" discs. Also, a lot of the songs from the Box Set had different mixes/takes compared to previously released versions. Could be wrong though. Maybe someone here has it can could confirm?

Thinny 01-27-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1272011)
I was always curious as to how Another Reason To Believe would sound included in the bonus disc from 100 millions cant be wrong Japan edition.

Exactly the same as the one on the Everyday single. All of the tracks from the bonus disc were taken straight from B-sides. No remixes or overdubs.

rolo_tomachi 01-27-2021 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1272013)
Exactly the same as the one on the Everyday single. All of the tracks from the bonus disc were taken straight from B-sides. No remixes or overdubs.

Ok, thanks for the info.

I was always tempted to buy the box Japan set back to get that bonus disc, hoping it would have superior sound quality.

Alphavictim 01-28-2021 12:12 AM

Speaking of which... is Another Reason To Believe better than No Regrets, or is it vice versa?


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.