Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Next tour /Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70805)

eddie73 01-30-2021 11:34 AM

The Next tour /Album

Anybody still believe the next tour will be to promote 2020 or a brand new album ? What are peoples expectations . I do believe Jon has picked up a pen again and started to write again.

What can we expect musically, a continuation of the sound of 2020 , with maybe a slightly harder edge ? After the flop that it was , will he play it safe ?

Johny 01-30-2021 01:46 PM

Good questions. I think 2020 is cursed by the year it was released. It doesn't make any sense to promote it by a tour in 2022 which is the earliest the band can go on tour.

Knowing Jon, I guess he wouldn't like to tour without an album to promote so a random tour won't probably happen. But who knows.

Maybe a few songs will stay in the setlist of a possible future tour. Unfortunately all the decent songs will be dated. So let's see if that will stop Jon from performing them live. I'm afraid that Limitless is one of those which might appear but that's total garbage.

I wish they did more now with the current album - release some footage from recording, some online shows, whatever. Then I guess they'll move on to the next one.

Faceman 01-30-2021 03:14 PM

Anybody still believe they will be touring again?
I don't know...the THINFS-Tour being tough for Jon (remember all those cancelled shows due to him being ill), the 2020 album having tanked badly, Hugh turning 70 this year, Tico turning 70 in 2 years...
I wouldn't be surprised if they take the Covid-pandemic as a wake up call to enjoy their sunset years as long as they are able to and hence stop touring.

liljovi93 01-30-2021 03:55 PM

I can't see us getting a proper full on tour again. Not even like THINFS.

As stated above, they aren't getting younger and a few shows got cancelled last time. Now with everything going on in the world, who knows when they'll be able to announce a tour, let alone perform.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Burlhouse 01-30-2021 07:05 PM

Touring 2020 is definitely out of the question. By the time touring is back on the cards, it will not longer be that relevant.

However I think that Jon still believes in that album, style and subject matter. And it was the only album I remember from the past few years, that garnered quite a few positive, professional critical comments. Therefore, I would not be surprised if we get something in a similar vein in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bonjovi90 01-30-2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1272108)
Anybody still believe they will be touring again?
I don't know...the THINFS-Tour being tough for Jon (remember all those cancelled shows due to him being ill), the 2020 album having tanked badly, Hugh turning 70 this year, Tico turning 70 in 2 years...
I wouldn't be surprised if they take the Covid-pandemic as a wake up call to enjoy their sunset years as long as they are able to and hence stop touring.

They might give it another shot with a smaller US leg in arenas, but I actually wouldn't count on them going to tour stadiums across the world again.
One has to keep in mind the end of last tour which is sometimes forgotten. There, the setlist fell down to 17 songs which Jon almost couldn't carry anymore. And who could forget the heartbreaking, voiceless "help me!" in Always.
Maybe they'll scale down to a few selected dates for shows with outrageous ticket prices after the pandemy situation has resolved.

Captain_jovi 01-30-2021 07:43 PM

It's really a completely different world since the last tour between both the pandemic, the public's waning interest in the band and not being able to get away with inflated album sales. At least before they could hide behind the numbers and say dumb stuff like "this is from our number 1 album, the song you've been hearing on the radio". That's gotta be humbling.

steel_horse75 01-31-2021 09:29 AM

Unless Jon does a complete uturn and writes rock anthems or a producer that challenges him I’m not interested in anything new.
Last 2 albums never get listened too bar the odd track.

Playing Live is a car crash as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BJFan99 01-31-2021 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1272132)
Unless Jon does a complete uturn and writes rock anthems or a producer that challenges him I’m not interested in anything new.

So I guess you can safely say goodbye to your hopes of hearing any decent new material - Jon will not change/improve anymore, Shanks will be there until the very end, and the albums will therefor obviously continue to be of the exact same formula as well.

Supersonic 01-31-2021 10:42 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1272113)
Maybe they'll scale down to a few selected dates for shows with outrageous ticket prices after the pandemy situation has resolved.

Considering how Jon's barely able to fill a bar on a cruise ship I don't think the demand for those shows is there. Casual fans in America who go see Bon Jovi shows go for the arena spectacle, not for the theater intimacy and they won't be willing to pay well over 500 dollars for a ticket. Jon would have to lower his asking price to make this work.

Ultimately it's Jon's instrument and lack of willingness to mix things up that eventually stops this from happening. While he could rely on the band to cover for him at the start of the This House Is Not For Sale Tour just 2 years later he needed the band to pretty much do his job and was merely there for entertainment value.

Considering how every performance since the tour has been doctored beyond belief there's little reason to believe he has recovered from all of this. If anything, he's gotten worse and there's just no way he'd be able to do an entire gig, let alone a 20 date tour.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan