Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bryan Adams - 11 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=43955)

Dave 1986 01-28-2008 12:28 AM

Just edited my first post with the 11 tracklist. Also, I'd Thought I'd Seen Everything premiers on radio on January 28th. That's tomorrow! :cool:

Goldsausage 01-29-2008 10:28 PM

Anyone heard it yet? Is it any good?

Dave 1986 01-30-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage II (Post 801522)
Anyone heard it yet? Is it any good?

Heard it yesterday, and wasn't impressed. Middle of the road and predictable aren't even the words. It's a very plain song. It's basically continuing the vibe of Room Service.

Captain Walrus 01-30-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 801557)
Middle of the road and predictable aren't even the words. It's a very plain song.

Seems to be a running theme, looking at the album and single covers

Meh, I'll reserve judgement til I actually hear it, but I'm strongly not expecting my world to be set alight

Dave 1986 01-30-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 801591)
Seems to be a running theme, looking at the album and single covers

Meh, I'll reserve judgement til I actually hear it, but I'm strongly not expecting my world to be set alight

Me neither. I may have sounded excited in my original posts, maybe because I was hoping for a slight return to form, or at least he may have learnt from Room Service.

I'm gona download the album first, at least.

Captain Walrus 01-31-2008 08:30 PM

Wow, classic rock with a country twang really does seem to be the new black doesn't it?

Off of one listen, it seems to be an alright song ... but if its indicative of the album then my prediction that it won't set my world alight would seem to be accurate

Mr Bluesman 01-31-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 801888)
Wow, classic rock with a country twang really does seem to be the new black doesn't it?

You're not wrong there! It would fit nicely in that second half of Lost Highway wouldn't it.

Dave 1986 02-01-2008 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suojelusperkele (Post 801865)
But isn't that the case with all of Bryan Adams' songs?

Not necessarily, his earlier stuff rom the 80's and a handful of his 90's material is great to listen to, even if it was "middle of the road". This new single and his last studio album was dull and boring.

Dave 1986 02-01-2008 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suojelusperkele (Post 801865)
But isn't that the case with all of Bryan Adams' songs?

Not necessarily, his earlier stuff rom the 80's and a handful of his 90's material is great to listen to, even if it was "middle of the road". This new single and his last studio album was dull and boring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Off of one listen, it seems to be an alright song ... but if its indicative of the album then my prediction that it won't set my world alight would seem to be accurate

That's kinda my view. but Open Road was the first single off Room Service and was probably the best song on there. Just hope there will be better stuff on the rest of the album.

Captain Walrus 02-01-2008 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 801966)
That's kinda my view. but Open Road was the first single off Room Service and was probably the best song on there. Just hope there will be better stuff on the rest of the album.

My favourite song was I Was Only Dreaming, with Room Service, She's A Little Too Good, and Not Romeo Not Juliet among the better ones