Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bryan Adams - 11 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=43955)

Supersonic 03-15-2008 06:18 PM

Aloha !

I just want him to play Into The Fire. Just once. He hasn't played that song in Holland since 1987, and did an acoustic version of it last night at one of the promo gigs here. Nnngggg.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Kev 03-15-2008 06:25 PM

Has he announced dates in Mainland Europe yet Seb? Are you looking to go to one or two? I went to a few on the last tour, but now Liverpool has its own arena, I'm just gonna go to my local show. Maybe Manchester MEN nearer to the time though ;)

Supersonic 03-15-2008 06:42 PM

Aloha !

Yes, shows in Denmark, Switzerland, Germany, Holland and France have been anounced. Probably a few others too.

I can't be bothered to go to more than 1 show actually, unless he does a complete set overhaul and starts playing stuff like Into The Fire, Heat Of The Night and Getaway again. I'm a bit bored by his shows. The When You're Gone thing in the middle of his shows is just shit, and he should definitely reduce the ballads in his show, something he probably will never do though. A shame really, his 1993 shows really rocked.

Tickets cost 50E here but I don't really find his shows worth that much money. Last time I got in for €30,- only by buying tickets from a scalper, which is what I'll be doing this time too. And if it's sold out, I don't really care.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

doubidoo 03-16-2008 11:05 AM

last night when i first listen to the record i was like "damn another disappointing record except one or two songs..."
now listening to it, it seems to be not that bad.
it's not a great record with really great songs, but can be enjoyable when driving in your car.
it's better than room service though it sound a bit the same...

judge for yourself guys

Goldsausage 03-17-2008 09:28 PM

Bought it today and listening now.

So Far So Good.

The Northern Cowboy 03-19-2008 07:17 AM

Took a quick listen, and so far 11 seems more consistant than Room Service. However, I haven't found any standout tracks yet like I did with I Was Only Dreaming on RS, although I haven't listened that intently yet. Tonight We Have The Stars is a great opening track, though.

dqgirl 03-19-2008 08:06 PM

I used to be a huge BA fan! Loved the live shows! I don't think I've bought any album since "18 till I die". Nothing has really stood out to me and I really don't like the new single either.

What are his setlists like nowadays?

Supersonic 03-19-2008 08:19 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by dqgirl (Post 813335)
What are his setlists like nowadays?

The last setlist of a proper tour:

B-stage:
1. There Will Never Be Another Tonight
2. Can't Stop This Thing We Started
3. Please Forgive Me (acoustic)
4. The Best Of Me
B- stage:
5. Somebody
6. Open Road
7. 18 Til I Die
8. Let's Make A Night To Remember
9. Back To You
10. Summer of '69
11. Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?
12. Kids Wanna Rock
13. (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
14. Cuts Like A Knife
15. When You're Gone
16. One Night Love Affair
17. It's Only Love
18. Heaven
19. The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You
20. Cloud #9 (Chicane version)
21. Run To You
B-stage:
22. There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'
23. Rock Me Baby
24. Seven Nights To Rock
25. Straight From The Heart (acoustic)
26. All For Love (acoustic)

Take out the more "obscure" songs like There Will Never Be Another Tonight, One Night Love Affair and The Best Of Me, replace them with new songs and you've got your setlist. This is roughly what he's been playing for the past 6 years now. It's a long show, but drags a bit and everytime he gets it going he kills it with a ballad.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

dqgirl 03-19-2008 08:42 PM

Thanks for your reply! Doesn't really interest me to see him live again...especially with all the ballads.

On an unrelated note, on the radio station I listen to, one DJ constantly refers to the song as "The Only Thing That Looks Good On You is Me". Drives me crazy!!

(Don't)Lie_to_me 03-27-2008 10:47 PM

Can't ballads be enjoyable live?

I like 11, nothing stands out as better than anything else, all consistent, good (no more or less) tracks.