Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   R.E.M News Update (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=23747)

Kev 09-15-2004 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunkywho
Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEYKID
Sat 19 London, Apollo—On sale: September 18

im almost completely sure i could get to meet the band at that show if i went, and hyde park...wow REM..that would me amazing, no less than amazing!!! i really wish i could go to either of those shows but for some reaon every gimp i know seems to like happy harcore of speed garage at the min...........

"take me take me yeah"

:lol:

ERRRRR! No-one here is going to hyde park to see REM without me!!!! :)

spunkywho 09-15-2004 10:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sat 19 London, Apollo—On sale: September 18

im almost completely sure i could get to meet the band at that show if i went, and hyde park...wow REM..that would me amazing, no less than amazing!!! i really wish i could go to either of those shows but for some reaon every gimp i know seems to like happy harcore of speed garage at the min...........

"take me take me yeah"

:lol:

:P

:cry: is that a polite 'no'?? :(

Kev 09-15-2004 10:21 PM

Quote:

Well if it is, you can always go with me.... :P

spunkywho 09-15-2004 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
Quote:

Well if it is, you can always go with me.... :P

:D :D :D :D

yeah me!!!!

Kev is the greatest!!! :D :D

Kev 09-15-2004 11:06 PM

me will have to see how the money lies in the next few weeks, but i will keep you posted on that one. I will probably go to the sheffield show and hopefully hyde park 8)

Kev 09-15-2004 11:31 PM

Someone over at Murmurs.com posted this...
The video for Leaving New York is now available for download. It is a 41 megabyte MPG video.

http://128.111.69.4/ethan/lny_video.mpg

I havent seen it yet, im still downloading it myself.

JOEYKID 09-16-2004 08:48 AM

ah but kev cant get you backstage 8)

spunkywho 09-16-2004 12:43 PM

Quote:

that wasn't the point :?

JOEYKID 09-16-2004 12:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

that wasn't the point :?

true

Jim Bon Jovi 09-16-2004 03:16 PM

maria#'s a lady. There are various ways to get backstage anywhere. :shock:

but i digress.

ive just been reliably informed they'll be playign the secc and balado next summer for some reason. dunno about the secc but i might go to balado since it'll just be a cool day out.

Kev 09-16-2004 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi
ive just been reliably informed they'll be playign the secc and balado next summer for some reason. dunno about the secc but i might go to balado since it'll just be a cool day out.

James, if you read the previous page on this topic you will see that the SECC REM date, has been confirmed for Tuesday 22nd Febuary :wink:

The video for leaving New York btw, if fantastic!!! One of my favourites for REM :D

Jim Bon Jovi 09-16-2004 03:37 PM

Well isn't it obvious that i didn't then KEVIN?

still dunno why they're playing the secc then coming back to balado. they might as well just do balado twice.

spunkywho 09-16-2004 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi
maria#'s a lady. There are various ways to get backstage anywhere. :shock:

none of which are ladylike at all, though ;)

Lulu 09-17-2004 02:15 AM

Hope you all have a fab time if you get tickets - I saw them live in 95 on the Monster tour supported by Terrorvision - OUTSTANDING!

Excellent show all round and confirmed to me what a loon Michael Stipe is!

ENJOY!

Jim Bon Jovi 09-18-2004 08:22 PM

I think we're goign to try n get tickets for balloch and just camp up there on the shores.

wouldnt go n see them anywhere else to be honest.

Sara 09-18-2004 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
Thu 03 Amsterdam, Ahoy—On sale: September 18

Rotterdam... not Amsterdam...

I completely missed this one, just saw there were tickets on sale a few minutes ago. But it seems to be too late - all standing / arena tickets are sold out already & I don't feel like buying seating tickets. I enjoyed the concert last year, so I wouldn't mind another one, and this one is practically in my backyard... It's sad I missed the announcements completely :(.

Maybe some people will cancel their reservation & they push some tickets back for sale... Have to check it out the upcoming days!

Kev 09-21-2004 08:10 AM

Follow up to ATS already a third complete!

Although "Around The Sun" hasn't been released yet, it seems that the next R.E.M. record is not too far away. R.E.M. have currently penned in some recording sessions to take place during early/mid 2005. A third of the 14th studio record is already complete with 4 songs scheduled to be included and another 6 which would be considered a possibility. Obviously no date has been set but with a combination of the rockers from the "Around The Sun" sessions and new recording sessions in 2005, we could see the 14th record as soon as March 2006.

During today's press conference, the band declared that the follow up to "Around The Sun" will be a rock record. Mike Mills said that after three beautiful but sad albums they want to return to the studio to do some fast tracks.

JOEYKID 09-22-2004 08:17 PM

the album is awsome :)

Kev 09-22-2004 10:41 PM

just got it...listening to it now....

:multi:

peter 09-26-2004 10:38 PM

Got the new album, and after first listen... horribly boring stuff!!! Very disappointed. 'Reveal' was much better, and that was also quite a crappy album IMO. Oh well, waiting for the next one.

Kev 09-26-2004 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter
Got the new album, and after first listen... horribly boring stuff!!! Very disappointed. 'Reveal' was much better, and that was also quite a crappy album IMO. Oh well, waiting for the next one.

Well according to reports, the band have already started work on the new album. I have had the new REM album on repeat for the last week Peter. I LOVE IT! Seriously! Electron Blue, Make it all OK, Final Straw (which we have all heard a long time ago), Wonderlust and Aftermath are my personal faves off the rccord.

The only weak track for me, is "The Accent of a man" The screaching" is totally uncalled for. I cant stand it. Its the only song I have to skip each time, coz it gets on my nerves.

Keep listening to the album mate, I really like it. Its one of my faves already. It defiately takes a good few listens in my opinion, but I am sure you will like it as much as me after a few spins! :)

peter 09-26-2004 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
Quote:

Well according to reports, the band have already started work on the new album. I have had the new REM album on repeat for the last week Peter. I LOVE IT! Seriously! Electron Blue, Make it all OK, Final Straw (which we have all heard a long time ago), Wonderlust and Aftermath are my personal faves off the rccord.

The only weak track for me, is "The Accent of a man" The screaching" is totally uncalled for. I cant stand it. Its the only song I have to skip each time, coz it gets on my nerves.

Keep listening to the album mate, I really like it. Its one of my faves already. It defiately takes a good few listens in my opinion, but I am sure you will like it as much as me after a few spins! :)

How can you like both BJ and Around the Sun??? I mean, the album is hardly even mid-tempo! You probably like TLFR :P

I won't say the new album is crap, but I don't think it's more than mediocre. I will burn the cd and put it in my car's cd player, but I rarely like an album in the long run if I don't like it on first listen...

I think LNY, Final Straw stand out, Electron Blue is ok, but the rest... yay. You know, I listened to New Adventures In Hi-Fi a lot when I was on vacation, now THAT's the real thing :)

Kev 09-26-2004 11:11 PM

Quote:

How can you like both BJ and Around the Sun??? I mean, the album is hardly even mid-tempo! You probably like TLFR :P

I won't say the new album is crap, but I don't think it's more than mediocre. I will burn the cd and put it in my car's cd player, but I rarely like an album in the long run if I don't like it on first listen...

I think LNY, Final Straw stand out, Electron Blue is ok, but the rest... yay. You know, I listened to New Adventures In Hi-Fi a lot when I was on vacation, now THAT's the real thing :)

LOL! well yes, its very different to Bon Jovi. I like softer stuff as well. The more rockier an album is the better imo, but I like slower material as well. (BJ, REM or any other artist for that matter).

I was talking to Jane (from the hub) and we realised we must be the minority of people who really love This Left Feels Right. Its a great album. Not the best BJ Have ever done. but its a great album. Its a refreshing alternative if nothing else. Its My Life and BTBMB would have been hits IMO if they were the origionals. If im gonna listen to anything like that though, I prefer to listen to the audio from the dvd. TLFR Live is so much better. But dont knock the record, coz its one of my faves (suprising as that may sound) :wink:

I Never did get into New Adventures In Hi-Fi. Not one of my faves at all. The friend who got me into REM, is a big lover of New Adventures, but I would just always dismiss it, puit it to one side, coz I prefered Green, AFTP, and Up. I think they will always remain my faves, but ATS isnt too far behind now. :) New Adventures is NOT! an album I would listen to while on vacation :P

peter 09-26-2004 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
I Never did get into New Adventures In Hi-Fi. Not one of my faves at all. The friend who got me into REM, is a big lover of New Adventures, but I would just always dismiss it, puit it to one side, coz I prefered Green, AFTP, and Up. I think they will always remain my faves, but ATS isnt too far behind now. :) New Adventures is NOT! an album I would listen to while on vacation :P

I listen to it while driving - during long trips. It's really an "on the road" album (was mostly recorded during Monster tour soundchecks).

You apparently like the softer stuff :) I love UP because it's such an intimate and personal record, AFTP is classic anyway, but I also love NAIHF - my first REM record and last year I also got to really really love Life's Rich Pageant - now that's an alternative rock record! On the other hand, my fav REM song is on Out of Time :)

I hope the next album will put an end to this 'being a pop band' era for REM!

Kev 09-27-2004 12:18 AM

Quote:

I listen to it while driving - during long trips. It's really an "on the road" album (was mostly recorded during Monster tour soundchecks).

You apparently like the softer stuff :) I love UP because it's such an intimate and personal record, AFTP is classic anyway, but I also love NAIHF - my first REM record and last year I also got to really really love Life's Rich Pageant - now that's an alternative rock record! On the other hand, my fav REM song is on Out of Time :)

I hope the next album will put an end to this 'being a pop band' era for REM!

It would be nice to have a more rock/upbeat album again by REM. An album in the similar vein to AFTP/Out Of Time/Monster but I cant see happening now. It was ever since Bill Berry quit, they started to record much softer stuff. (Same in a way when AJS Left Bon Jovi, they Jon n Richie started to write more love/ballad kinda music) No, were lucky if we get a few heavy tracks on each new record. I read someonewhere a few nights ago, that REM recorded three tracks at TOTP: Leaving New York, Wonderlust and Make It All OK (I think :oops: ) so Iam fairly confident that these will be the next songs to be released off ATS. Very good choices imo. Boy In the well was earmarked for release, but perhaps the early reaction from the album meant they decided to change. Maybe you can shed a little light on that one for me.

It must have drove you mad this week being away when the new album had leaked onto the internet. (Did they really think that airing the album on myspace.com, no-on was gonna rip it? :roll: :lol: ) and you not being able to have access to it. Were you actually aware that it was out there? I will actually download any album early if I get the opportunity to do so, I think the only exception is Bon Jovi. I just love release day. There is a strange magic in the air. 8)

peter 09-27-2004 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
It must have drove you mad this week being away when the new album had leaked onto the internet. (Did they really think that airing the album on myspace.com, no-on was gonna rip it? :roll: :lol: ) and you not being able to have access to it. Were you actually aware that it was out there? I will actually download any album early if I get the opportunity to do so, I think the only exception is Bon Jovi. I just love release day. There is a strange magic in the air. 8)

Oh they knew it, probably didn't care. Their fan base will buy the CD anyway. I was aware of the first airing, but I would be ok with waiting till the release date. But when I found it on eMule today, I went ahead and downloaded it, no point in waiting till the release date :)

Kev 09-27-2004 09:06 AM

Quote:

Oh they knew it, probably didn't care. Their fan base will buy the CD anyway. I was aware of the first airing, but I would be ok with waiting till the release date. But when I found it on eMule today, I went ahead and downloaded it, no point in waiting till the release date :)

No willpower mate, thats all it is! :wink:
Its ok...i dont have any either!! :)

Sambo-Chris 09-27-2004 04:32 PM

I will see them in February live for the first time ever. Could anyone tell me if Everybody hurts is in their setlist usually? I guess my hubby would be quite dissappointed if not since this song for him is the ultimate ballad.

peter 09-28-2004 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris
I will see them in February live for the first time ever. Could anyone tell me if Everybody hurts is in their setlist usually? I guess my hubby would be quite dissappointed if not since this song for him is the ultimate ballad.

Not usually, always :)
It will be a huge shock if Everybody Hurts, Losing My Religion and Man On the Moon are not played on every show.

Sambo-Chris 09-28-2004 08:49 AM

Thanks Peter, you made my hubby very happy :).

Kev 10-05-2004 10:39 AM

MORE NEWS
"Aftermath" has been officially confirmed as the second single from the newest R.E.M. record "Around The Sun". It's also very probable that the third single will be "Wanderlust" - a sticker on "Around The Sun" CD box says that the album features "Leaving New York", "Boy In The Well" (previously announced as the second single) and "Wanderlust".

R.E.M.hq has launched a microsite dedicated to the new album. You can preview the record in its entirety there, watch the video for "Leaving New York" and have a look at lyrics. To launch the site, just click the big billboard on the main news page at remhq.com.

"Leaving New York" entered UK chart at 5. That's a better success than "Imitation Of Life" and "Bad Day" achieved.

R.E.M has added the following dates in Japan, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and Australia to their 2005 World Tour in support of "Around the Sun":

March 15--Tokyo--Budokon--On Sale: TBC
March 17--Nagoya--Geijyutsu Gekijyo--On Sale: TBC
March 18--Osaka--Grand Cube--On Sale: TBC
March 20--Hong Kong (Wanchai)--Convention & Exhibition--On Sale: Dec. 16
March 25--Christchurch--Westpac--On Sale: TBC
March 26--New Plymouth--Bowl of Brooklands--On Sale: Oct. 20
March 29--Brisbane--Entertainment Centre--On Sale: Oct. 14
March 31--Sydney--Entertainment Centre--On Sale: Oct. 14
April 03--Melbourne--Rod Laver Arena--On Sale: Oct. 14
April 06--Adelaide--Entertainment Centre--On Sale: Oct. 14
April 08--Perth--Burswood Dome--On Sale: Oct. 14

Kev 10-08-2004 07:59 PM

UK date added to world tour
R.E.M. has added a concert on Friday July 8th, 2005 in Ipswich, England, at the Ipswich Town Football Club to the 2005 World tour. Tickets go on sale today.

Tour date added in Denmark
R.E.M will play at the Forum, Horsens Stadium in Horsens, Denmark, on June 25th, 2005. Tickets will go on sale to the public on October 13th.

Kev 10-14-2004 07:41 PM

R.E.M. kicked off worldwide tour!
Source: Murmurs.com

The band launched their worldwide tour with a show in Los Angeles last night. This was the first of 29 concerts scheduled for North American leg of the tour.

A 24 song set featured five tracks from the recently released "Around The Sun", both singles from "In Time" as well as many classics from previous albums. Surprisingly, the show has been closed with "Man On The Moon" instead of "It's The End Of The World" which wasn't played at all! The set also marked the debut of a rocker "I'm Gonna DJ" - an ATS outtake which is supposed to be included on the next R.E.M. record.

Taking the opportunity, we'd like to remind you that we have made a special section on R.E.M. is ON! featuring tour dates, setlists, statistics and photos from the road. You can also post your own reviews of the shows there.

The Greek Theatre, Los Angeles setlist follows:

Begin the Begin
Animal
So Fast So Numb
Boy in the Well
World Leader Pretend
Leaving New York
The One I Love
Electrolite
Aftermath
Cuyahoga
Final Straw
Bad Day
Around the Sun
She Just Wants to Be
Imitation of Life
Losing My Religion
Walk Unafraid
Life and How to Live It

Encore:

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Country Feedback
Welcome to the Occupation
Permanent Vacation
I'm Gonna DJ
Man on the Moon

8)

spunkywho 10-14-2004 08:03 PM

cool!! thanks Kev --- I'll see them 11/19 :)

peter 10-15-2004 02:01 AM

Ummm, bad news for Sambo-Chris! No Everybody Hurts?!?!?! WTF?
Looks like they want to play only faster songs... Maybe that will change in Europe. And if Kerry wins the US election, there will be no point in playing politically inspired rock songs!

Kev 10-15-2004 08:14 AM

Yes but Walk Unafraid remains in the setlist, thats what I was hoping for. Bloody love that song!!!!

Kev 10-15-2004 08:24 AM

Show added in Bonn, Germany
R.E.M will play a concert in Bonn, Germany, at the Museumplatz on Tuesday, June 28th, R.E.M.hq announced.

Kev 10-20-2004 06:45 PM

"Aftermath" at the end of November

According to HMV.co.uk website, "Aftermath" - the second single from "Afround The Sun" - will be released in UK on November 29th. The same date has been announced by Channel 4. There are no information about b-sides as yet.

Kev 10-21-2004 08:53 PM

R.E.M. will play Graz almost for sure

Although it hasn't been officially confirmed, the odds are that R.E.M. will play an open-air on June 5th 2005 in Graz, Austria at the Schwarzl-Zentrum. Two newspapers reported this information today. The show is also listen on a local ticket-seller's website (link below). Tickets will be available in one week.

peter 10-21-2004 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
R.E.M. will play Graz almost for sure

Although it hasn't been officially confirmed, the odds are that R.E.M. will play an open-air on June 5th 2005 in Graz, Austria at the Schwarzl-Zentrum. Two newspapers reported this information today. The show is also listen on a local ticket-seller's website (link below). Tickets will be available in one week.

Hey that's only 2,5 hours from where I live :P
I don't like indoor winter shows, so I'm just going to "local" one, but summer open-air show, that's what I like!