Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Blink 182 - Concert Tickets For a $1.00 ! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=18057)

|| Panama || 10-21-2003 05:19 PM

Blink 182 - Concert Tickets For a $1.00 !

Pop/punk trio Blink-182 will return to its club roots with the DollaBill tour, kicking off Nov. 6 in Boston. Tickets will be $1 and go on sale Thursday (Oct. 23 via MTV.com. Two days later, a small allotment of tickets will be available at outlets to be announced at each tour stop. Rapper Bubba Sparxxx and rock act the Kinison will also be on the bill.

"For years we played in small clubs and that's where you can really connect with your fans," group member Tom DeLonge says in a statement. "We're super stoked that we're at the point in our career that we can bring a tour like this around for only a dollar."

The trek comes in advance of Blink's fifth studio album, a self-titled affair due Nov. 18 via Geffen. It's the follow-up to 2001's "Take off Your Pants and Jacket," which debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200. "Having over nine months to record this CD gave us a chance to explore avenues that we never have before," says group member Mark Hoppus. "We weren't rushed, so the ideas on this record are fully fleshed out and go in directions that sometimes even surprised us."

First single "Feeling This" rocketed 40-13 this week on Billboard's Modern Rock Tracks chart.

Here are the "DollaBill" tour dates:

Nov. 6: Boston (Avalon)
Nov. 7: Philadelphia (TLA)
Nov. 8: Washington, D.C. (9:30 Club)
Nov. 9: New York (Irving Plaza)
Nov. 12: Detroit (St. Andrews)
Nov. 13: Chicago (House of Blues)
Nov. 14: Minneapolis (Quest)
Nov. 17-18: Los Angeles (Avalon)
Nov. 21: San Diego (Soma)

JOEYKID 10-21-2003 05:50 PM

i wouldnt even pay that to see em lol

Kev 10-21-2003 07:02 PM

if i lived in the USA, id be at each show! lol

peter 10-22-2003 02:33 AM

Blink 182 RULE!!!! Now that's a really clever move - you appear less "commercial" and that gives you a lot of media attention = free advertising!

They certainly earned some of my respect with that move!

RyanBounce04 10-22-2003 02:37 AM

I went to a concert last year in Atlanta (May 18, 2002) and saw Jimmy Eat World, Green Day, and Blink 182 on the Pop Disaster Tour... WOW.. what a concert! Each band was amazing and Green Day and Blink stole the show. I would pay to see them again. It was one of the best nights of my life.

Ryan

JOEYKID 10-22-2003 10:54 AM

only reason im so pissed was cos i got 6 tickets to see em in lodon and thy cancelled twice, i think that sucks so there lol

Kev 10-23-2003 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJoviBOUNCE02
I went to a concert last year in Atlanta (May 18, 2002) and saw Jimmy Eat World, Green Day, and Blink 182 on the Pop Disaster Tour... WOW.. what a concert! Each band was amazing and Green Day and Blink stole the show. I would pay to see them again. It was one of the best nights of my life.

Ryan

kool, did you enjoy green day? I saw them at last years Move Festival in manchester over here. They were awesome. Billy Joel certainly had the hole "jon interacting with the crowd" thing going on. Brilliant!

Kev 10-23-2003 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEYKID
only reason im so pissed was cos i got 6 tickets to see em in lodon and thy cancelled twice, i think that sucks so there lol

they cancelled twice? Man, if i had tickets I wouldnt of been at all impressed! Geez, how annoying. Sorry to hear that Joeyking.

RyanBounce04 10-23-2003 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJoviBOUNCE02

Ryan

kool, did you enjoy green day? I saw them at last years Move Festival in manchester over here. They were awesome. Billy Joel certainly had the hole "jon interacting with the crowd" thing going on. Brilliant!

Green Day is a very good live band. They have a lot of enthusiasm and really get into the crowd. Billy Joe got a a few kids on stage to play King For A Day for them. The kids were pulled from the crowd and I met the kid that had Billy Joe's guitar. I got to TOUCH it... I WAS AMAZED. I love at the end of the concert when they play Good Ridance and he goes up to the amp and just lets the distortion go for 5 minutes to end the concert. Not to mention, I love watching Trey jump through his Drums. Mike even lit his bass on fire. It was really awesome!

Ryan

ShaSha 10-24-2003 12:47 AM

I just checked the site and the tickets are actually $1.50, not $1! What a rip-off! :lol:
I'm going to try to get tickets for the NY show. Hopefully I'll be able to get some. Irving Plaza only fits about 1000 people so I'm sure they'll go quickly. :?