Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sex Sells (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52912)

Captain_jovi 05-09-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1049646)
I remember hearing that there were close to 60 songs available for Crush. I don't remember if this was from an official source. But it also wouldn't suprise me with as much material they had.

I am also very interested in this time. And the original title track. I will ask what the OP asked, was anyone here at the listening party?

Also does anyone know if I Don't Want To Live Forever and Stay was one of the songs recorded later? That certainly sounds like Richie on IDWTLF

Both of those songs are pre-Richie. Definitely Bobby on guitar.

bounce442 05-09-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1049776)
Both of those songs are pre-Richie. Definitely Bobby on guitar.

Well don't I feel like an @ssole. Well I admit Bobby plays IDWTLF with style.

I went back and looked at my imports and the only info it gives is for the single itself and the live tracks. And I don't doubt you in the least, but how do you know for sure?

Captain_jovi 05-09-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1049812)
Well don't I feel like an @ssole. Well I admit Bobby plays IDWTLF with style.

I went back and looked at my imports and the only info it gives is for the single itself and the live tracks. And I don't doubt you in the least, but how do you know for sure?

Haha, no worries.

Stay - If you compare the final released song to the badly badly badly taped version played for the fan club in 1998, it's exactly the same version.

IDWTLF - Have no actual proof but Bobby's constant one note vibrato run in the solo tipped me off. For so long I assumed it was Richie but then had a big "oh crap" moment a few years ago.

bounce442 05-09-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1049822)

but then had a big "oh crap" monebt a few years ago.

Yeah that is kind of what I am having right now :) Thanks!

Captain_jovi 05-09-2011 09:51 PM

It's funny, when you really sit down and count em out, there's a lot of Bobby solos all over the box set and throughout the Crush B-sides.

bounce442 05-09-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1049825)
It's funny, when you really sit down and count em out, there's a lot of Bobby solos all over the box set and throughout the Crush B-sides.

There sure are. And I honestly never knew that. When listening to, for example, Rich Man, I think I knew that wasn't Bon Jovi. I knew he had written some songs while still touring DA (Older). But I always assumed that the demoed b-sides to Bon Jovi singles were in fact Bon Jovi. I think I'd prefer not knowing now. I wish I hadn't asked. ha ha

Simon 05-09-2011 11:49 PM

It sucks they released JBJ demos on BJ singles.

Captain_jovi 05-10-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1049832)
There sure are. And I honestly never knew that. When listening to, for example, Rich Man, I think I knew that wasn't Bon Jovi. I knew he had written some songs while still touring DA (Older). But I always assumed that the demoed b-sides to Bon Jovi singles were in fact Bon Jovi. I think I'd prefer not knowing now. I wish I hadn't asked. ha ha

Agreed. I'm pretty sure Crush was the only instance.

Supersonic 05-10-2011 01:20 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1049846)
Agreed. I'm pretty sure Crush was the only instance.

No it's not. Richie isn't present on Wildflower either, Bobby plays lead on it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Javier 05-10-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1049850)
Aloha !

No it's not. Richie isn't present on Wildflower either, Bobby plays lead on it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

That's something i also thought when I heard the first version of 'We weren't born to follow' before richie redid the solo. Though there's no comfirmation on that one while 'Wildflower' was comfirmed by Bobby.....