Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Metallica... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69618)

Walleris 11-28-2016 04:20 PM

As a big fan of Bruno Mars, I am quite dissapointed by his sales. Obviously, he will have a top 10 spot for a few weeks due to being a young act with singles, but still... I guess Metallica is having a some sort of renaissance in terms of commercial appeal; similarly to AC/DC in 2008 with Black Ice.

bjcrazycpa 11-28-2016 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1215561)
As a big fan of Bruno Mars, I am quite dissapointed by his sales. Obviously, he will have a top 10 spot for a few weeks due to being a young act with singles, but still... I guess Metallica is having a some sort of renaissance in terms of commercial appeal; similarly to AC/DC in 2008 with Black Ice.

I agree. Bruno will hang in the charts longer than Metallica is my guess as well.

steel_horse75 11-28-2016 06:13 PM

Treat them mean keep them keen.

Metallica - 1 album in 8 years.
AC/DC - 8 and 6 years between albums

Less is more.

bjcrazycpa 11-28-2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1215559)
Bet ya he'll sell more in the second week though [emoji6]
How the hell were Metallica not number 1 in UK? Must be due to brexit [emoji23]

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Oh I absolutely agree with you.

Walleris 11-28-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1215567)
Treat them mean keep them keen.

Metallica - 1 album in 8 years.
AC/DC - 8 and 6 years between albums

Less is more.

Yup. Jon is too productive for his own good. And it's probably the same with live shows - I bet his voice would've been in better condition now if he didn't tour as often for as long as he has.

rolo_tomachi 11-28-2016 07:38 PM

8 years is also a risk. When a band of that age no release a album during a long season can also be harmful, as in the case of Aerosmith. I think that is a merit of Metallica. And In fact, they not take a long time for the launch of an album, especially because a few years ago maked these record with Lou Reed, "Lulu", which was a big failure. His movie, "Through the Never" was not well received either. Hardwired is the first studio album that Metallica launch with his own label, Blackened Records.

I understand we're Jovi's fans first, but hey, they're doing it a little better now. And Bruno Mars (197K) sold more that Jovi (129K).

Positive reviews on Metacritic: 73/100 and Use Score: 8.1
http://www.metacritic.com/music/hard...ruct/metallica

Jovi reviews was less. Metacritic: 59/100 and Use Score: 6.6
http://www.metacritic.com/music/this...-sale/bon-jovi

I have always said that Bon Jovi should let 4 years pass since his last album. It could work more in the music, in the composition, to make it worthwhile, and the people will obtain more espectacion by the wait of those years.

---------

The Making Of -Dream No More

6 albums on the Billboard Top 200

METALLICA|HARDWIRED...TO SELF-DESTRUCT ( 1 ) 329,837
METALLICA|METALLICA (75) 6,052
METALLICA|MASTER OF PUPPETS (111) 4,118
METALLICA|AND JUSTICE FOR ALL (119) 3,993
METALLICA|RIDE THE LIGHTNING ( 138 ) 3,580
METALLICA|KILL 'EM ALL (181) 2,808

Rdkopper 11-29-2016 01:36 AM

I'm torn on this one... I like it a lot but don't love it... Something is missing... It's like I've heard all this before but better versions... It's almost like these are the And Justice For All B-Sides... Spit Out The Bone? Really? In 2016?

I know I'm alone on this one but this is where I credit Jon for never wanting to repeat the same album twice... I think musically it's there, lyrically not, and the attitude seems a little forced...

And Justice For All was their musical peak imo... Although the Black album (along with Load and Reload) solidified them into that mainstream top 40 commercial success category, And Justice For All was the album that got them there... 'One' is obviously a classic... Then you got Ride The Lighting, Fade To Back, Master Of Puppets, For Whom The Bell Tolls, it's just an endless list of beauties that are so well written lyrically that none of these songs can even compare... I'm not one for comparing albums to the past but if you are going to put out an album like it's the mid 80's, I'm going to compare it to the mid 80's..

With all that said, having this sound back is a breath of fresh air!!! I don't give it the same praise that everyone else is but It sounds like classic Metallica and for that, I gotta love it... Maybe with a few more listens, it's grow on me some more...

rolo_tomachi 11-29-2016 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1215577)
I'm torn on this one... I like it a lot but don't love it... Something is missing... It's like I've heard all this before but better versions... It's almost like these are the And Justice For All B-Sides... Spit Out The Bone? Really? In 2016?

I know I'm alone on this one but this is where I credit Jon for never wanting to repeat the same album twice... I think musically it's there, lyrically not, and the attitude seems a little forced...

And Justice For All was their musical peak imo... Although the Black album (along with Load and Reload) solidified them into that mainstream top 40 commercial success category, And Justice For All was the album that got them there... 'One' is obviously a classic... Then you got Ride The Lighting, Fade To Back, Master Of Puppets, For Whom The Bell Tolls, it's just an endless list of beauties that are so well written lyrically that none of these songs can even compare... I'm not one for comparing albums to the past but if you are going to put out an album like it's the mid 80's, I'm going to compare it to the mid 80's..

With all that said, having this sound back is a breath of fresh air!!! I don't give it the same praise that everyone else is but It sounds like classic Metallica and for that, I gotta love it... Maybe with a few more listens, it's grow on me some more...

It is a very respectable opinion. But of course I do not share it. Nobody said that Hardwired is a masterpiece, obviously it is not a perfect album, but it is very enjoyable, and especially accessible, something that were not the latest releases of metallica. There are a lot of references to all his albums and also to other bands that have influenced Metallica, but for some strange reason, this mix works very well for me. It sounds cool, there are great voices, good riffs, groovy songs, it's a solid album despite its flaws. And yes, the album grows over time.

And in my opinion, I hope someday Jon make a record as satisfying as this. I can not credit Jon because what he have done with This House Is Not For Sale is basically the same from 2000 until now. Jon is don't take Keep The Faith, These Days or New Jersey and SWW, ok, but is influenced by Have A Nice Day, Lost Highway and WAN, its worse version. This House is an album that also reminds me of a lot of songs that before became much better, but I understand that even though it is not perfect, it is not bad.

It seems like we have a way to measure different for both bands, I understand, we are Bon Jovi fans first, no problem, but both have some problems when it comes to creating something original, at least metallica tries to use the best of their repertoire to make a good song, Jon though ...

I love both bands, and And I am aware of their weaknesses. This House is ok, Hardwired feels very good.

Rdkopper 11-29-2016 02:06 AM

Enjoyable - Yes... Respectable - Yes
Masterpiece - No

Do I want to see Jon do the same? Ummm maybe... I'm very happy with This House... I think the production could be better... which is throwing everyone off but I'm really looking forward to hearing them all live....

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

thesedays2014 11-29-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1215579)
It is a very respectable opinion. But of course I do not share it. Nobody said that Hardwired is a masterpiece, obviously it is not a perfect album, but it is very enjoyable, and especially accessible, something that were not the latest releases of metallica. There are a lot of references to all his albums and also to other bands that have influenced Metallica, but for some strange reason, this mix works very well for me. It sounds cool, there are great voices, good riffs, groovy songs, it's a solid album despite its flaws. And yes, the album grows over time.

And in my opinion, I hope someday Jon make a record as satisfying as this. I can not credit Jon because what he have done with This House Is Not For Sale is basically the same from 2000 until now. Jon is don't take Keep The Faith, These Days or New Jersey and SWW, ok, but is influenced by Have A Nice Day, Lost Highway and WAN, its worse version. This House is an album that also reminds me of a lot of songs that before became much better, but I understand that even though it is not perfect, it is not bad.

It seems like we have a way to measure different for both bands, I understand, we are Bon Jovi fans first, no problem, but both have some problems when it comes to creating something original, at least metallica tries to use the best of their repertoire to make a good song, Jon though ...

I love both bands, and And I am aware of their weaknesses. This House is ok, Hardwired feels very good.

Agree 100% [emoji4]

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk