Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Closest we get to Sex Sells (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70518)

Captain_jovi 03-11-2019 09:17 PM

I know I was the one that mentioned the box set. My point wasn't for you to use those, I'm just saying the bootleg is just the songs being played over a crowd of people and half the album already exists in perfect quality as the exact same recordings. If I see anything about the flac files I'll let you know for sure!

morphine 03-11-2019 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1251541)
I know I was the one that mentioned the box set. My point wasn't for you to use those, I'm just saying the bootleg is just the songs being played over a crowd of people and half the album already exists in perfect quality as the exact same recordings. If I see anything about the flac files I'll let you know for sure!

Then I am sorry. I thought someone else, not on the forum, had mentioned the box set and the forum could do the same. I should have check. Apologies. Mine is some kind of an obsession, I actually don't like the idea of compilations. As less as source is the best. That's the same reason I prefer the NJ double demo disc to the released one. The same goes for Crush, I like the things the state they were intended. And I secretly prefer Sex Sales to Crush too. Sex Sells is all necessary Crush songs and some unique demos. And even I have to make a complation album, it sure has to be all original masters straight from the studio. I insisted on that crappy audience recording because it was all planned as one. Thank you for your opinion by the way, I get your way. Cheers.

YOVANAfromPeru 03-11-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphine (Post 1251542)
Mine is some kind of an obsession, I actually don't like the idea of compilations. As less as source is the best. That's the same reason I prefer the NJ double demo disc to the released one.

When Rdkopper met Obie last year he already asked "for a Sex Sells / Crush double album similar to Sons Of Beaches..."

I mean, we're talking about 60 songs...
but of course everything is up to JBJ, I guess...

Captain_jovi 03-11-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphine (Post 1251542)
Then I am sorry. I thought someone else, not on the forum, had mentioned the box set and the forum could do the same. I should have check. Apologies. Mine is some kind of an obsession, I actually don't like the idea of compilations. As less as source is the best. That's the same reason I prefer the NJ double demo disc to the released one. The same goes for Crush, I like the things the state they were intended. And I secretly prefer Sex Sales to Crush too. Sex Sells is all necessary Crush songs and some unique demos. And even I have to make a complation album, it sure has to be all original masters straight from the studio. I insisted on that crappy audience recording because it was all planned as one. Thank you for your opinion by the way, I get your way. Cheers.

Hmm I don't think I understand. The versions on the box set ARE the way they were intended. Those are the original masters straight from the studio. You're looking for the flac versions of songs played through a speaker and then recorded on, I assume, cassette and converted digital. I mean if that's what your after, totally, cool, I just don't know why.

bonjovi90 03-11-2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1251546)
Hmm I don't think I understand. The versions on the box set ARE the way they were intended. Those are the original masters straight from the studio. You're looking for the flac versions of songs played through a speaker and then recorded on, I assume, cassette and converted digital. I mean if that's what your after, totally, cool, I just don't know why.

Yeah, that's the way I see it as well. Other than Older which logically was reworked when it became Just Older, the later released versions of that playlist were pretty much the same as what was played over the PA.
It wasn't a finished, coherent album to begin with. Jon was fishing as to what to do next and they just had a bunch of then-finished songs playing in no particular order with the request for the fans to rate them. Listening to it, I think it's clear that there wasn't any clear artistic view behind it (yet) as it had been the case with Destination Anywhere.
I, for one, am happy that this album never materialized. The sound direction has never been my cup of tea, that's probably why I don't really like I'm Your Man from Burning Bridges either.

YOVANAfromPeru 03-12-2019 01:27 AM

I always loved You Can't Lose At Love (It's My Life single)...

Nige 03-12-2019 02:00 AM

I've got a FLAC/CD of this kicking around - I'll dig it out for you.

morphine 03-12-2019 02:30 AM

I think I like the idea of demo and unfinished work. On the boxset release, there is sudden volume gain as in many +2005s records, feels much professional. I mean We Rule The Night would have sounded much more amateur and weaker if it was released on 7800. You can compare it to the original vinyl rips of the album itself. And as for the Sex Sells demo, it's something so undesired that no one's asking for. That's why it's so special to me, yes I am a wierd man, I like the recordings over a speaker and noise. And I will try to remaster in my own wicked ways, then make a fake artwork as it's on the Real Life billboard. Then treat it as a lost album, it's just a stupid fantasy overall. And that would satisfy my needs as I don't get along with the popularity they've gained with Crush. So no 'It's My Life' b..s.. and an obscure, a clumsy follow up to the underrated Destination Anywhere. Also there is less Sambora which makes it more appealing for me.

morphine 03-12-2019 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1251550)
I've got a FLAC/CD of this kicking around - I'll dig it out for you.

I'd be so so happy with it. My mail is cinartem9203@gmail.com, you'd be my hero.

Captain_jovi 03-12-2019 05:09 AM

Gotcha. I think going from MP3 to the Flac files.....it'll sound a bit better but it'd take a wizard with a time machine to make it anything decipherable. If it helps any:

Older: Re-recorded with the band
Save the World: Re-recorded with the band
Rich man: A completely different take was used for the box set
Real Life: Re-recorded with the band
I Got the Girl: Re-recorded with the band
Shadow Dancing: Never turned up anywhere
Good Aint Good Enough:
Gimme Some: Exact same version released under the Bon Jovi name
You can't Lose at Love: Exact same version released under the Bon Jovi name

Crazy Love gets mentioned as supposed to be played but was pulled. I love this era. To me it really helps bridge the gap between Destination Anywhere and gap and almost makes it make sense. Would love it if Life's Too Short For Days Like These pops up one day.