Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Closest we get to Sex Sells (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70518)

bonjovi90 03-12-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1251581)
Are you sure? I know Rich Man was left off of some released versions.

Not entirely, to be honest. I thought I had a very bad mp3 copy of that song, but I may be mistaken or it may have been mislabeled. Gotta check my vaults when I'm back home.

Nige 03-12-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1251572)
Yep. I would swear there was a song called sex sells too. I would like to see all that material was released, gimme some is rocking.

There was, a further to the above info it was left off as it was too similar to OWN and Sex Sells was deemed to be the weaker of the two. Which, knowing how good Jon is at picking songs sometimes, suggested SS is probably better than OWN.

Would love to hear it - it must have been good to be a contender for the title track.

YOVANAfromPeru 03-12-2019 09:51 PM

I remember JBJ saying: “Initially, it was going to be called 'Sex Sells'. With 60 songs, that one fell off the ladder. Then we were going to call it 'One Wild Night', but it felt more like the title of a live record. At the 11th hour, 'Crush' came up.”

Captain_jovi 03-12-2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251587)
Not entirely, to be honest. I thought I had a very bad mp3 copy of that song, but I may be mistaken or it may have been mislabeled. Gotta check my vaults when I'm back home.

I feel like if a version of SS was "out there" someone would have it by now. It's been chased after for years for sure. What a treat it'd be if you DID have it all this time haha.

bonjovi90 03-12-2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1251593)
I feel like if a version of SS was "out there" someone would have it by now. It's been chased after for years for sure. What a treat it'd be if you DID have it all this time haha.

I know I had a file titled like that but I'm more and more starting to feel that it was simply some other song from the listening party that was mistitled.

bonjovi90 03-12-2019 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1251589)
I remember JBJ saying: “Initially, it was going to be called 'Sex Sells'. With 60 songs, that one fell off the ladder. Then we were going to call it 'One Wild Night', but it felt more like the title of a live record. At the 11th hour, 'Crush' came up.”

And then, Richie and JBJ added: "Much like SWW, it means nothing and it means everything. A girl might say 'I got a crush on you', the drunk at the bar might say 'I got crushed last night', a person at the concert goes 'woah, they crushed me last night'".

bonjovi90 03-12-2019 11:50 PM

Fredrik 03-13-2019 12:44 PM

I have the original bootleg with audience recording and I've had it for ages as mp3. Quite lousy quality and if it's been compressed several times is hard to say, my hunch would say no but at work right now so can't give it a listen.

steel_horse75 03-13-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1251589)
'One Wild Night', but it felt more like the title of a live record.

How disappointing was that when it came out!

Rdkopper 03-14-2019 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1251521)
As far as I know, he's not a member here. Don't about other boards though.

Really? Lol...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk