Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70867)

ksanova 03-10-2023 11:55 AM

Hello everyone. I just listened to an interview that a website here in Spain did with Desmond Child and they asked him if Sambora is coming back to Bon Jovi or not.
He said that a week ago Desmond was with Jon at his house writing a song and he asked him and Jon told him that there is nothing at all. That it is noise that Sambora's people are making to talk about his new music.

We'll see what happens in the end.

Eveline 03-10-2023 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksanova (Post 1284355)
Hello everyone. I just listened to an interview that a website here in Spain did with Desmond Child and they asked him if Sambora is coming back to Bon Jovi or not.
He said that a week ago Desmond was with Jon at his house writing a song and he asked him and Jon told him that there is nothing at all. That it is noise that Sambora's people are making to talk about his new music.

Could you give us a link?

Thinny 03-10-2023 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksanova (Post 1284355)

Glad to hear that Jon is writing with Desmond again.
Does this mean Jon has begun writing a new record?

If the above is true, then "Sambora's people" need to rethink this. Sambora talking about going back to Bon Jovi actually detracts attention away from his solo stuff rather than towards it. Yes, it gets Richie attention, but not his new music. How many of the many articles that were posted about his Bon Jovi comments mentioned his comments about his solo stuff apprently coming out? Hardly any...

In the end all it will do is lead to disapointment for those that do want to see him back in the band, so it makes little sense all round.

Eveline 03-10-2023 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1284357)
Glad to hear that Jon is writing with Desmond again.
Does this mean Jon has begun writing a new record?

If the above is true, then "Sambora's people" need to rethink this. Sambora talking about going back to Bon Jovi actually detracts attention away from his solo stuff rather than towards it. Yes, it gets Richie attention, but not his new music. How many of the many articles that were posted about his Bon Jovi comments mentioned his comments about his solo stuff apprently coming out? Hardly any...

In the end all it will do is lead to disapointment for those that do want to see him back in the band, so it makes little sense all round.

Well, unless there's a link, it's all speculation. There were weird interviews in the past with stuff getting lost in translation. And Rich can't escape questions about Bon Jovi and the reunion, it's not like he goes around and speaks for Jon. He basically said he thinks going back to the band for a reunion tour would be a nod towards fans and that they 'deserve' it. I don't see him writing with Jon or being best buds again. And frankly, I wouldn't pay to see that anyway. I've seen enough of that train wreck the last couple of years.

Captain_jovi 03-10-2023 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1284358)
Well, unless there's a link, it's all speculation. There were weird interviews in the past with stuff getting lost in translation. And Rich can't escape questions about Bon Jovi and the reunion, it's not like he goes around and speaks for Jon. He basically said he thinks going back to the band for a reunion tour would be a nod towards fans and that they 'deserve' it. I don't see him writing with Jon or being best buds again. And frankly, I wouldn't pay to see that anyway. I've seen enough of that train wreck the last couple of years.

Saying "we had a 30 year good run and I'm doing my own thing, speaking of...." is classy. Saying "I owe it to the fans to come back, and we've been talking a bit..." is straight up leading the witness. If he's not coming back for the next cycle, he knew exactly what he was doing. You can't phrase it like that accidentally.

semigoodlooking 03-10-2023 03:17 PM

Question is, what is the interview, did Desmond Child really say that, and if he did does he know what he is talking about?

Unfortunately, people are talking (and they are key players) but until we hear something from Jon/Bon Jovi camp, it is not happening.

I would be amazed if Richie is going on major radio shows and using fake news to drum up interest in his solo career.
If "his people" wanted to have interest in his solo work they would have advised him to have a song ready to go when he left the TV show. He filmed it in November.

I am not saying Richie is going back, but I am more inclined to think Desmond Child is out of the loop on the matter.

Captain_jovi 03-10-2023 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1284360)
Question is, what is the interview, did Desmond Child really say that, and if he did does he know what he is talking about?

Unfortunately, people are talking (and they are key players) but until we hear something from Jon/Bon Jovi camp, it is not happening.

I would be amazed if Richie is going on major radio shows and using fake news to drum up interest in his solo career.
If "his people" wanted to have interest in his solo work they would have advised him to have a song ready to go when he left the TV show. He filmed it in November.

I am not saying Richie is going back, but I am more inclined to think Desmond Child is out of the loop on the matter.

Yup yup. Like Thinny was saying too it doesn't make sense to say "I have a new album coming out but instead lets more talk about how I've been talking to the band about coming back" Buddy, that doesn't work. BEST CASE: People are talking about you rejoining the band but not you have a new album in the can. WORST CASE: You don't go back, and you didn't promote your new album. You teased the idea of it.

There was no one who heard those interviews and thought "OH NICE HE HAS A NEW ALBUM COMING". That got steamrolled by hinting he's coming back. It's good promo for your name, bad promo when it blows up in your face.

It's not the same world but Blink 182 got back together and put out a new single while they worked on the album. We all know he has the album done, having a song ready to go to say "I'm still writing and recording, this wont be the first single but check this out if you liked me on The Masked Singer". He had a legit, sizeable audience that heard his voice but not his face, his damn dream, loving his style. And still nothin? It's a head scratcher.

ksanova 03-10-2023 03:44 PM

https://www.ivoox.com/vigitalk-with-...4198184_1.html

Here is the link to the interview. It is all in Spanish. A very entertaining talk in which he tells us that in September of this year his biography will be on sale.

Greetings!

rolo_tomachi 03-10-2023 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksanova (Post 1284362)
https://www.ivoox.com/vigitalk-with-...4198184_1.html

Here is the link to the interview. It is all in Spanish. A very entertaining talk in which he tells us that in September of this year his biography will be on sale.

Greetings!

mark 23:30 aprox

"Desmond Child: I just wrote a song with Jon Bon Jovi, it was last week, in Palm Beach, where he lives now.

Interviewer: There is a rumor that Richie is going back to Bon Jovi.

Desmond Child: That is not true.

Interviewer: It's a big rumor. It's everywhere.

Desmond Child: No, no, no... I was with him (with JBJ), and he told me that all those things are not true, Jon told me absolutely not (pause and laughs). The part that follows is Desmond's opinion - That's... maybe it's Richie's people, the ones who are in charge of publishing his music. Maybe it's something that they look for to try... to give more impetus to his new music."

I don't care that Richie is messing with this, as long as he releases his new music this year. If he doesn't, the guy is even more lost than he thought.

Thinny 03-10-2023 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1284363)
Desmond Child: No, no, no... I was with him (with JBJ), and he told me that all those things are not true, Jon told me absolutely not (pause and laughs).

Thanks for that translation Rolo.

That sounds like Jon is not even interested in entertaining the idea.

Maybe Jon and Richie have talked about it like Richie said, but Jon wasn't interested and mentioning it in the press is Richie's was of creating some buzz about it and forcing Jon's hand. Or maybe he really did think it was a good way for promoting his new music?

Baffeling either way....