Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why did they drop Nothing (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=38033)

TBoy 12-13-2006 01:38 AM

Why did they drop Nothing

I m just listening to it, and it souns like a ****in hit... I m sure it would rock... It would be way better than WTWYA... They threw it away... :(

Captain_jovi 12-13-2006 01:49 AM

Jon said it sounded too "Crafted". I assume because it was too similiar to "I Am", which in my mind is the better of the two.

Emil 12-13-2006 02:01 AM

Nothing is without a doubt one of the best songs the band has written this century and would have been the best on the album together with Dirty Little Secret IMO. So the answer to your question would be: because they´re idiots! :)

Becky 12-13-2006 02:07 AM

Ever notice how people often like the bonus tracks more than the album tracks? I think it's mental (myself included): something about the songs that are the underdog songs since they didn't quite make the cut.

Kathleen 12-13-2006 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 712373)
Ever notice how people often like the bonus tracks more than the album tracks? I think it's mental (myself included): something about the songs that are the underdog songs since they didn't quite make the cut.

True Becky but I think it may have something to do with the album being aimed at the majority of listeners. I don't think that we (as fans) are the majority so we might tend to like the offbeat stuff a bit more.

Personally, I think some of the Bounce demos run rings around a few they put on that album.

Kathleen

Emil 12-13-2006 02:26 AM

Quote:

Yeah I think you may have a point. But I truly feel that ever since Crush, the band has proven over and over that they have serious problems with selecting the tracklist, as well as the single-choises. This was never a problem in the past and there´s not much to complain about when it comes to tracklists and single-choises from their pre-2000 albums. We all have our favourites from the box set, sure, but all in all I think the majority is pretty satisfied.

But you don´t need to hang around here at JT for long before you realise how much people prefer the Bounce-demos to the songs that made the album, how much people love Nothing and DLS etc. I think you´re right in one way, but I really do feel that the bands judgement about things like these has gotten worse. However, that´s just my opinion of course! :)

Captain_jovi 12-13-2006 02:37 AM

Quote:

I said the exact same thing last week. People thing a song is better because it's not on the album, and therefore "Theirs". I tend to gravitate towards the album tracks that get buried underneath the hits, because it feels more like "my" song.

I think they got it right this album, personally. Great flow.

Becky 12-13-2006 02:38 AM

I'm with y'all. I always like certain bonus tracks more than the some that make the CDs. I liked Love is War more than Lay Your Hands on Me. I liked Save a Prayer more than Blame It on the Love of Rock and Roll. I think Stay and You Can't Loose at Love are much better songs than Thank You and Save the World. I'm sure it will shock no one that I think Nothing, Unbreakable, Dirty Little Secret, and These Open Arms are all better than Complicated! LOL So forth and so on....

The Northern Cowboy 12-13-2006 02:42 AM

Quote:

For me,this is not true. Alot of outtakes and bonus tracks from various albums I was glad were taken off of the album. Not necassarily because I didn't like the songs themselves, but because I liked the album tracks better, or they just didn't fit. With the HAND bonus tracks, they are (IMO) far superior to songs like Last Cigarette, Story Of My Life, and Wildflower. If they had replaced those with DLS, TOA, Unbreakable and Nothing, I think the album would kick alot more ass.

My $0.02

Jon_Bon_Jovi_Fan 12-13-2006 05:28 AM

I don't know they should have left that song on the CD:( I LOVE that song:)