Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Collateral -Angels crying (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70617)

YOVANAfromPeru 08-10-2019 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1258202)
Is Always the demo version?

There’re not Greatest Hits on the box (like Cross Road) so Saturday Night and Always are the normal versions...

YOVANAfromPeru 08-27-2019 11:59 PM

with all the promotion for free that you did to this band >_<, I went to see them... lol, from what I listened they didn’t played this song, too bad ‘cause liked the high voice at the end and obviously because the similarity to Walk Like A Man, their other songs well... are not like Bon Jovi, but they did Rosie and it was a nice rendition.

semigoodlooking 08-30-2019 08:35 PM

As mentioned, Airbag, the South American band named in this thread for ripping Saturday Night supported Bon Jovi in Argentina in 2017.

It seems a good way to get on a Bon Jovi bill is to copy them.

There's that singer Cai from Argentina, who has basically based his whole (successful) career on copying Jon.

semigoodlooking 08-30-2019 08:40 PM

I agree Walk Like a Man would have been a better first single.

I also agree with Yovanna in that Memory is better. In fact, one of their few masterpieces this century. I never listen to it and have little desire to, which is why it shouldn't have been the lead single.

YOVANAfromPeru 08-31-2019 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1258662)
I agree Walk Like a Man would have been a better first single.

I also agree with Yovanna in that Memory is better. In fact, one of their few masterpieces this century. I never listen to it and have little desire to, which is why it shouldn't have been the lead single.

???
I don’t understand these semi ideas. What for you was better for lead single Memory or Walk Like A Man?

jazzsta 08-31-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1258677)
???
I don’t understand these semi ideas. What for you was better for lead single Memory or Walk Like A Man?

Things are not black and white Yovanna.

What semigood says is:

He thinks that Memory is a better song then Walk Like A Man.
He thinks Walk Like A Man would be better as the first single.
He actually thinks that Memory is a masterpiece.
He has no desire to listen to Memory, usually.

None of the above statements contradict each other. The world is colorful and full of nuances. Let's embrace that ;)

bonjovi90 08-31-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1258717)

None of the above statements contradict each other. The world is colorful and full of nuances. Let's embrace that ;)

Well, thinking that someone is so good to actually classify it as masterpiece and at the same time having no desire to listen to something you rate that high is a little contradiction to me ;)

Supersonic 08-31-2019 10:44 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1258718)
Well, thinking that someone is so good to actually classify it as masterpiece and at the same time having no desire to listen to something you rate that high is a little contradiction to me ;)

Considering a song a masterpiece of the last century doesn't take much when all we've gotten this century is Lost Highway, The Circle, What About Now and This House Is Not For Sale. There's hardly any good songs there.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Alphavictim 08-31-2019 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1258725)
Aloha !

Considering a song a masterpiece of the last century doesn't take much when all we've gotten this century is Lost Highway, The Circle, What About Now and This House Is Not For Sale. There's hardly any good songs there.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

That's neither this century (would include Crush, Bounce and HAND) nor this decade (wouldn't include LH - when was The Circle? 2009 or 2010?).

Supersonic 08-31-2019 11:10 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1258727)
That's neither this century (would include Crush, Bounce and HAND) nor this decade (wouldn't include LH - when was The Circle? 2009 or 2010?).

You're right actually, I mixed century up with decade. Even though that's wrong as well.

100 internet points for you sir. You have caught me at making a mistake.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan