Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Special Editions 2010 - origins of the live songs (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52130)

Johny 11-08-2010 10:39 PM

Special Editions 2010 - origins of the live songs

Hi all,
I'd like to compile all the information and guessing on when and where the particular songs were played. I hope you can help me.
Here is a list of what I have, some are my tips, some are tips from wikipedia. Yellow songs are the ones I need help with, the red ones I have no clue of where and when. I'll update the list based on your tips and the discussion.

The list:
Bon Jovi (the album)
10. Runaway - 1985-04-28 Tokyo
11. Roulette - BBC Friday Rock Show
12. Breakout - 1984-08-11 Super Rock '84, Tokyo
13. Get Ready - 1985-04-28 Tokyo

7800° Fahrenheit
11. In And Out Of Love - intro 1986 Japan, the rest 1985-04-28 Tokyo
12. Only Lonely - soundcheck, most likely 1986
13. Tokyo Road - most likely 1985

Slippery When Wet
11. You Give Love A Bad Name - maybe 1993?
12. Livin' On A Prayer - 2008-07-12 Central Park, NYC
13. Wanted Dead Or Alive (acoustic) - maybe 1992 promo tour

New Jersey
13. Blood On Blood - most likely European leg of the tour - 1989-12-??
14. Born To Be My Baby - 1988-12-02 Glasgow (up to solo)

Keep The Faith
13. Keep The Faith - most likely 1995
14. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead - most likely 1992/1993

These Days
13. This Ain't A Love Song - 1995-05-27 Bremen
14. Diamond Ring - 1995-05-23 Milan

Crush
13. It's My Life- most likely 2007 - 2008
14. Just Older - most likely 2008
15. Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen From Mars- most likely 2007 - 2008

Bounce
13. The Distance - 2002 promo tour
14. Joey - soundcheck
15. Hook Me Up - 2002-08-23 Hammerstein Ballrom, NYC
16. Bounce

Have A Nice Day
13. Have A Nice Day
14. Last Man Standing
15. Story Of My Life
16. Who Says You Can't Go Home (duet; feat. Jenniffer Nettles) 2006-02-14 Nashville

Lost Highway
13. Lost Highway
14. We Got It Going On - 2008-07-12 Central Park, NYC
15. Any Other Day- most likely 2008-07/06-??
16. I Love This Town

The Circle
13. We Weren't Born to Follow - 2010-02-27/26 Anaheim
14. When We Were Beautiful - 2010-02-27/26 Anaheim
15. Superman Tonight - 2010-02-27/26 Anaheim
16. Love's the Only Rule - 2010-02-27/26 Anaheim

Walleris 11-08-2010 10:45 PM

We Got It Goin On is also from Central Park :) 100%

TwinFan 11-09-2010 12:23 AM

KTF is definitely from the 95-96 era.
IML and Captain Crash are from the Lost Highway Tour definitely. Maybe even Just Older too. What a ripoff.
Hook Me Up is definitely from Hammerstein Ballroom. 2002-08-23 is the date.
I remember hearing that The Circle tracks are all from Anaheim. 2010-02-26/27
I also remember hearing that Blood on Blood is from Wembley 1989.
The Distance sounds like either a soundchek or a promo show.
Joey is a soundcheck.
Any Other Day is from near the end of the Lost Highway Tour, as there isn't a Richie solo, which they retardedly stopped including in June.

As for the others, I'm not sure. I really want to know where Story Of My Life is from with the Hugh mistake. And ISWID, by far the best version I've found. And the EXACT date of KTF.

Pstmatt 11-09-2010 01:14 AM

I was severly dissappointed in the SP's. Basically we were lied to, these songs are not all from the era of each album, not even close! I am convinced the reason early on in the "circle" tour they played "Roulette", "Shot Through The Heart" and other early tracks is so they could potentially get a good version to use on the SP's and NOT use an actual "From The Era" live recording. After the SP's were realeased they basically stopped playing the early songs on tour.

Also, did you download the extra tracks from the "Vault". I did! How about this...after the song download edthe song title included the year of recording, and most were not even close to from "The Era"! IBTFY was this..."I'll Be There For You/2001", that's how it appeared! "Raise Your Hands/2005". I love this band, but it was a flat out lie.

This is probably old news to most of you however.

Johny 11-09-2010 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1024914)
We Got It Goin On is also from Central Park :) 100%

Thanks. What makes you think so? :) not that I don't believe you I just don't want to listen to it ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinfan (Post 1024943)
KTF is definitely from the 95-96 era.

Yep, I know. It is because of the wah wah Richie uses.

Quote:

IML and Captain Crash are from the Lost Highway Tour definitely.

Definitely? I can only hear that Jon doesn't sound like in 2000/2001

Quote:

Maybe even Just Older too. What a ripoff.

Just Older is 2006 - listen to what Jon says at the beginning and then count :D

Quote:

Hook Me Up is definitely from Hammerstein Ballroom. 2002-08-23 is the date.

I know this date but I remember Seb saying something that there was another show there from which this version actually is. I don't remember it correctly

Quote:

I remember hearing that The Circle tracks are all from Anaheim. 2010-02-26/27

Ok, do you know who said it? I think I can't compare them. Maybe youtube might help me.

Quote:

I also remember hearing that Blood on Blood is from Wembley 1989.

That's nonsense. They did not play any Wembley venue in 1989. They didn't play UK in 1989 at all apart from the Milton Keynes Festival on 1989-08-19

Quote:

The Distance sounds like either a soundchek or a promo show.
Joey is a soundcheck.

Thanks. I didn't check them properly.

Quote:

Any Other Day is from near the end of the Lost Highway Tour, as there isn't a Richie solo, which they retardedly stopped including in June.

I'll try to compare it with what I have. Unfortunatly, there isn't much to concentrate on in the songs from recent years. They don't make them any special or if they do, it is always the same every show.

Quote:

As for the others, I'm not sure. I really want to know where Story Of My Life is from with the Hugh mistake. And ISWID, by far the best version I've found. And the EXACT date of KTF.

Actually, it wasn't a mistake. His string broke.
I agree on ISWID, it sounds fresh and entertaining. Nothing you can say about it now. It even sounds like from early KTF days to me, according to Jon's intro but none of my versions agree. I've listened to some live versions of this song and I must say that eg the one from Rotterdam 1993-04-23 is really cool. It sounded worse even in 1995.

Thanks for you help. I'll change the first post later.

TwinFan 11-09-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1024959)
Definitely? I can only hear that Jon doesn't sound like in 2000/2001

Haven't listened to these in a while, and Captain Crash does sound more like HAND tour. IML is definitely LH Tour, because the end of the solo is a bit different, which he started doing on that tour.

Quote:

Just Older is 2006 - listen to what Jon says at the beginning and then count :D
"24 years later, and the same smile on my face..."
1984+24=2008

Quote:

I know this date but I remember Seb saying something that there was another show there from which this version actually is. I don't remember it correctly
Same version musically. But the speech at the beginning of this version and the version on the record are different.
Quote:

Ok, do you know who said it? I think I can't compare them. Maybe youtube might help me.
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8204589

Quote:

That's nonsense. They did not play any Wembley venue in 1989. They didn't play UK in 1989 at all apart from the Milton Keynes Festival on 1989-08-19
Whoops. I just checked, and it must be from Wembley 1988 or 90. Don't remember the date, but Wembley stuck with me.
Quote:

Actually, it wasn't a mistake. His string broke.
Jon sure treats it like a mistake. But that makes more sense, Hugh doesn't make mistakes often, if ever. He just sits there, groovin' and playin' his bass. And no photoshoots and interviews (very often), and getting to play with Bon Jovi, this man has an enviable job.
Quote:

I agree on ISWID, it sounds fresh and entertaining. Nothing you can say about it now. It even sounds like from early KTF days to me, according to Jon's intro but none of my versions agree. I've listened to some live versions of this song and I must say that eg the one from Rotterdam 1993-04-23 is really cool. It sounded worse even in 1995.
For sure it is from that era. It sounds like some sort of a promo show, like 1992. The SE version has all the right vocals, and a good solo. Some of the versions now just seem to drag on and on and on. And the lower vocals in the chorus make it really sound tired. They need to do something to spice it up, or drop it altogether.

Crushgen24/88 11-09-2010 02:07 AM

I'm pretty Captain Crash is earlier than the HAND Tour.

Captain_jovi 11-09-2010 05:42 AM

Are you sure about the string break? You can still hear him playing. It almost sounds like he started "Radio..." instead. I'd assume from the similar intros.

Johny 11-10-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinfan (Post 1024962)
Haven't listened to these in a while, and Captain Crash does sound more like HAND tour. IML is definitely LH Tour, because the end of the solo is a bit different, which he started doing on that tour.

Ok, thanks, didn't notice it before

Quote:

"24 years later, and the same smile on my face..."
1984+24=2008

:D now I look like idiot :D why on earth did I think it was 2006? I was thinking about HaND tour because they played bunch thematically similar songs together. Runaway, The Radio Saved My Life Tonight, Just Older - all of them refer to the very beginnings, well Jon makes them refer.
Question is whether he thinks about 1984 as the beginning. When he did the timewarp in 2005 and 2006, he usually stopped in 1984, then he changed it to 1983 or 1982 when Runaway was written.
However, most likely you right :)

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFYdelZw8SE Same version musically. But the speech at the beginning of this version and the version on the record are different.

Well, there is nothing to change musically, I think. They played the same each show. But you might be correct that Obie put together two different recordings. I just can't see why. In And Out Of Love is the very same as in Tokyo 1985 but the intro is different and sounds like the one they did in 1986... just an example

Quote:

Thanks!

Quote:

Whoops. I just checked, and it must be from Wembley 1988 or 90. Don't remember the date, but Wembley stuck with me.

It is not. I have them all apart from one. So there is a very little chance. They played it differently in 1988 and in 1990 the version was similar but the middle part was different and I don't think he would go back at one show to what he did a month ago when he does the same on the previous night and the night after.

Quote:

Jon sure treats it like a mistake. But that makes more sense, Hugh doesn't make mistakes often, if ever. He just sits there, groovin' and playin' his bass. And no photoshoots and interviews (very often), and getting to play with Bon Jovi, this man has an enviable job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1024984)
Are you sure about the string break? You can still hear him playing. It almost sounds like he started "Radio..." instead. I'd assume from the similar intros.

I'm not sure but heard Obie saying it was a broken string.. he might be wrong, we know who he is.
I' surprised that we don't know about it. It is only four or five years ago, I think the pbps were done at that time? And some of the people here must have been there....

Quote:

For sure it is from that era. It sounds like some sort of a promo show, like 1992. The SE version has all the right vocals, and a good solo. Some of the versions now just seem to drag on and on and on. And the lower vocals in the chorus make it really sound tired. They need to do something to spice it up, or drop it altogether.

YES

Thanks for help, I hope others would join.

TwinFan 11-10-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1025144)
:D now I look like idiot :D why on earth did I think it was 2006? I was thinking about HaND tour because they played bunch thematically similar songs together. Runaway, The Radio Saved My Life Tonight, Just Older - all of them refer to the very beginnings, well Jon makes them refer.
Question is whether he thinks about 1984 as the beginning. When he did the timewarp in 2005 and 2006, he usually stopped in 1984, then he changed it to 1983 or 1982 when Runaway was written.
However, most likely you right :)

I was wondering that, too. I've heard that Runaway was even written in 1980. But I believe the band officially formed in 1983, which would make that 2007, which isn't out of question, with the Prudential shows and the Canada tour. I think that Jon usually refers to 1984 as the beginning of their career, with their first record, and when they started doing live.

Quote:

Well, there is nothing to change musically, I think. They played the same each show. But you might be correct that Obie put together two different recordings. I just can't see why. In And Out Of Love is the very same as in Tokyo 1985 but the intro is different and sounds like the one they did in 1986... just an example
I have listened VERY carefully, and I can conclude that it is the same. Trust me.
Quote:

It is not. I have them all apart from one. So there is a very little chance. They played it differently in 1988 and in 1990 the version was similar but the middle part was different and I don't think he would go back at one show to what he did a month ago when he does the same on the previous night and the night after.
You're probably right. I don't think where I saw that from was too reliable of a source, but it is from the NJ tour for sure. That doesn't narrow it down a bit, though.