Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Richie Sambora Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70419)

PanosBonJovi 10-01-2018 01:42 PM

The Richie Sambora Album

Well after the split between Sambora and Orianthi, and his vacation in the Greek Islands with Ava, Richie goes back in the studio working with Bob Rock.

steel_horse75 10-01-2018 01:55 PM

Good to see and even better to see that RSO is as dead as the dodo.

kleman 10-01-2018 01:57 PM

Imagine those two +Jon in studio again....oooo my dreams :cool:

PanosBonJovi 10-01-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleman (Post 1245145)
Imagine those two +Jon in studio again....oooo my dreams :cool:

Well, I'm pretty sure that this is the reason Richie quit. I know it's yesterday's news but, I'm pretty sure that's why Sambora quit the band. I'm pretty sure he wanted more artistic freedom and the return of Bob Rock instead of Shanks who ended up as a Tour member (BIG LOL). I pretty sure he didn't like where the band was going with this sound and Shanks behind it. Anyway, that's all assumptions. What happened is in the past.

Listening to When We Were Young with Richie's backing vocals is WAY better. And that says it all.

Bounce7800 10-01-2018 02:25 PM

Very much looking forward to a proper Richie solo album and hopefully a tour as well would be nice in the vein of the AOTL tour

semigoodlooking 10-01-2018 04:43 PM

In the vein of the AOTL tour? So you hope to see a bunch of cancelled shows in the States? ;)

As for being in the studio, I hope this is a relatively swift process and Richie releases something soon. RSO left a sour taste for me, not least because they took so long to release music.

Bounce7800 10-01-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1245176)
In the vein of the AOTL tour? So you hope to see a bunch of cancelled shows in the States? ;)

As for being in the studio, I hope this is a relatively swift process and Richie releases something soon. RSO left a sour taste for me, not least because they took so long to release music.

Ok, the European AOTL until that mysterious throat infection took hold the second after the Shepherd's Bush show finished.... ;)

JackieBlue 10-01-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1245148)
Very much looking forward to a proper Richie solo album and hopefully a tour as well would be nice in the vein of the AOTL tour

The only thing I'd like to see him do 'in the vein of the AOTL tour' is to schedule shows in NY, Philly, Toronto, and SF so he can honor tickets bought for the cancelled 2012 shows. If ticket sales were so dire, it couldn't be that many tickets; and surely the fans who were disappointed by the cancellations have held onto their tickets at least as tightly as they have held onto their resentment for 6 years. Maybe that would allow them to stop seeing everything he does, now and forever more, through the filter of that lens, and finally let that bitch rest in peace.

(Oh, and just in case he really was sick, if he could manage to whisper and cough through any AOTL songs he sings, so much the better!):p

EDIT: Thought I'd go ahead and bring it up before somebody else did; but it looks like somebody beat me to it. :)

JackieBlue 10-01-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1245176)

I hope it's a swift release, too. Then maybe that bitch can rest in peace, too. ;)

rolo_tomachi 10-01-2018 06:22 PM

Very very excited about this. I loved the RSO songs that were sung by Richie as lead singer. Bob did a better mix job than Ebin at Atfermath, so go ahead.

I'm hoping that Bob knows how to get the best Richie out there right now. The RSO project was already somewhat cooked when he rejoined. But this new album is a matter of Richie and Bob, so very interested in this new album.