Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

eddie73 01-23-2020 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1261001)
“So I have a new record, it's not a shameless plug, it's true, it's called '2020' so it's topical. Having grown up in public, my focus was not on philanthropy when I was 20 years old, it was on being a successful musician."
"At 58 years old, your priorities change, but I'm still a successful musician”
https://www.app.com/story/entertainm...ge/4544588002/
PS He still has 57...

" We have a new record , its we " Jon , So up his own arse he really is

jovifan93 01-23-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 1261003)
" We have a new record , its we " Jon , So up his own arse he really is

Well, to be fair, he's solely talking about himself here and just throwing a little bit of PR for the album in. Would've sounded strange to switch from "I ..., I ..., I ..." to "WE have a new record" and then back to "I ..." IMHO... But could be both ways...

Captain_jovi 01-23-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1261006)
Well, to be fair, he's solely talking about himself here and just throwing a little bit of PR for the album in. Would've sounded strange to switch from "I ..., I ..., I ..." to "WE have a new record" and then back to "I ..." IMHO... But could be both ways...

Shh get thy logic out of here.

We're harping on something that's been happening for literally decades.

bonjovi90 01-23-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261007)
Shh get thy logic out of here.

We're harping on something that's been happening for literally decades.

Especially since Jon said in that printed interview (that was largely discussed around there about two months ago) something along the lines of "it's always been about me".

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 01-23-2020 04:02 PM

And it has. People act like they've discovered a rare baseball card every time Jon says I over We but, and I'm speaking only of my time as a fan from 2000 forward, which each year it was less and less a band. It was still Jon's dictatorship in 2000 but at least it sounded like a group having to play within a specific box.

JackieBlue 01-23-2020 04:48 PM

So if it's always been about Jon, why doesn't HE sell out arenas and stadiums when it's JBJ and the Kings of Suburbia or Jon and the Big Dogs??

HE'S there. That's all that matters, right?

Captain_jovi 01-23-2020 05:25 PM

That's not really the point I'm making though nor am I saying I like it this way. The last few albums have shown it doesn't matter who plays on it, it won't sell, and the live shows sell well regardless of who is there. Are casual people really going to see David? Tico? Hugh? It's important to us but if he changed it up and called it Jon Bon Jovi with a backing band I think he could still do similar results. The albums still wouldn't sell haha.

The demand is going down from lack of radio success, over saturation of the market and a static setlist. The members playing behind Jon, in North America at least.....I truly don't think is enough of a percentage to matter. Pains me to say. They've become nostalgia for people with money.

Faceman 01-23-2020 07:40 PM

Like a gentleman by the name of Doc McGhee once said: "When you start saying 'I' instead of 'we', the party is pretty much over!"

What a wise guy!

rolo_tomachi 01-23-2020 07:47 PM

You haven't paid enough attention, the worst is what it says: "I'm still a successful musician".

semigoodlooking 01-23-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261013)
That's not really the point I'm making though nor am I saying I like it this way. The last few albums have shown it doesn't matter who plays on it, it won't sell, and the live shows sell well regardless of who is there. Are casual people really going to see David? Tico? Hugh? It's important to us but if he changed it up and called it Jon Bon Jovi with a backing band I think he could still do similar results. The albums still wouldn't sell haha.

The demand is going down from lack of radio success, over saturation of the market and a static setlist. The members playing behind Jon, in North America at least.....I truly don't think is enough of a percentage to matter. Pains me to say. They've become nostalgia for people with money.

I don't think he would do similar results if he toured under Jon Bon Jovi. The nuance is important. However, he would if he toured as Bon Jovi and the band was completely different. My wife actively likes Bon Jovi, has bought their music and seen them live. She does not know the name of "the keyboard" player, for example.

People who think he needs Tico and David - at least from least from a business perspective - are mistaken.

Jackie asked why Jon doesn't sell out areans under JBJ and the Kings of Suburbia. Aside from the reason above, he has never tried to do it.