Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Which Sambora guitar era was the best era? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=11992)

ben_jovi 05-30-2003 08:24 PM

Which Sambora guitar era was the best era?

What I mean is which guitars do you think were the best. When he was with Kramer, early fender, late fender, or gibson?

Thomas Anderson 05-30-2003 08:37 PM

I don't really know much about guitars, and haven't heard that much live stuff, but I'd have to say mid-90's.

From then I've only heard a couple of shows, but they all had long versions of Wanted Dead Or Alive, and a few versions of Dry County, things which aren't played much, if at all, anymore.

Jag 05-30-2003 10:16 PM

the krammers were just awesome, i personally would go for the nj/sww days, when he would pull out all kinds of stuff with the whammey bar! :shock: i think ill give his flying V another album till i decide how good this 'era' is.

RichieW2001 05-30-2003 10:23 PM

i'm quite a big fender fan so i'm biased but definately the mid-90s fenders. i hate it when they play bad medicine on a les paul without the trem, just doesn't sound right in tone or during the solo.

Jag 05-30-2003 10:45 PM

i like the les paul on BM....it gives it a harder edge in my view

RichieW2001 05-30-2003 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag
i like the les paul on BM....it gives it a harder edge in my view

oh well, we all have different opinions. i just prefer the bluesier fender sound that's all. plus i don't like taking the whammy out of solos if they were written like that. i can't imagine bad name with a different solo.

Jag 05-30-2003 11:21 PM

yeha, im all for the bluesy style too, and the fender whammy bar drives me in a whirlwind!! I just think its good to variate sometimes, like the lay yr hands on me solo, which is different when the switches the guitars.

Rumen 05-31-2003 01:31 AM

Or maybe when he was with HAMER(Bon Jovi and 7800 tours) 83-85
:D
i'm a huge Kramer maniac and I'd go for Kramer,Fender are great,but can't beat Kramer!
Richie's signature model was the best!
Original Floyd Rose tremolo system,Rosewood fingerboard,22 frets!
The pickups-wow:two Seymour Duncan JB pickups(the bridge and the middle) and one Seymour Duncan Humbucking pickup(the neck pickup)!
ehhhh,the old good times........ :wink:

Shaun 05-31-2003 06:45 AM

mid 90's

ben_jovi 05-31-2003 11:54 AM

I would say mid-90s. I'm not a huge Kramer fan, but a large Fender fan. I like the Gold Strat he used on the ONE WILD NIGHT TOUR and this BOUNCE tour, but I think his time with Fender is better than any other. However, that said, I find these new Anderson Guitars he's using very interesting. The Flying V is cool, but I don't think it suits him.