Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   February 26, 2018 - Hard Rock Hotel Vegas (JBJ Solo) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70114)

Adam D 03-05-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1235384)
Jon Bon Jovi is saying the things he knows people want to hear. He is too 'lazy' to tour Europe? Didn't his brother say it was due to logistics? When they were doing their promo shows where fans could win tickets via tidal they said there wasn't any free location in Europe. Jon is focusing on the US market because this is were he can still 'impress' his fans. Looking at their facebook page you can see it is only there to sell. Nothing more. They are bringing out a re-release to sell more copies. The moment there was the vegas shooting Jon is using it to market it with the vegasstrong-tag. Jon is not humbled. He is putting on a show for $$$ in front of a selected few.

He said it isnt about the numbers or awards, yet they were agressively pushing the HOF-thing and they just got in because they have fans with too much time on their hands 'maybe god didnt want it 8 years ago...' god had nothing to do with it, it was their aggressive marketing.

Jon is selling everything he can which is the biggest part of what he does (people: 'my untold story' --> even here he was talking again about his daughter's drug overdose or whatever it was. Now he is even using his social media to market his son's wine (which is stupid again because his son wouldn't be able to do anything if it wasn't for his dad)
I think to believe that he really cares for his fans is ridiculous.

And this illustrates why I read much more than post these days.

There's no conversation or debate with someone with this mindset.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

kleman 03-05-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1235388)
And this illustrates why I read much more than post these days.

There's no conversation or debate with someone with this mindset.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Agree. Faith 1985 are you serious ??!!?

faith1985 03-05-2018 04:31 PM

Of course I am serious. Tell me one thing Jon has done without having an agenda / anything that doesn't benefit him. Do you want to tell me that 1500 bucks for a concert for a few bored and obsessed fans is normal? If he'd care about bringimg his music (his art he keeps talking about) to the people who have been buying his music for 30 years, he would give normal fab club concerts. Some meet and greets and so on. Tell me one reason apart from cashing in behind his actions

He uses his name to market
1. his charity
2. his clothes
3. his wine
4. his dad's sauce

And the people who buy it are mostly fans and even they are annoyed by the overpriced items.

Tell me one event within the last 5 years apart from the promo shows (where you had to give your data to tidal so it wasnt only to do something for the fans) where Jon has done ANYTHING that was for his fans. Everything he does has money in mind.

As a comparison:

Ryan Adams posted live footage from the studio and shared his music + on valentines day he gave away a song for his subscibers. You hear Jon's new besties - Phil and John Shanks - do some short clip and it sounds crap and staged / overproduced. You hear a real artist like Ryan Adams being in his elemnt and living his nerdy way of creating stuff und you are hooked right away.

bonjovi90 03-05-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleman (Post 1235389)
Agree. Faith 1985 are you serious ??!!?

Just ignore it. These kind of fans always follow the same structure: Having been a diehard where the band could do no wrong for years and all of a sudden everything's bad and shit. We've had a couple of those on German message boards in the last decade. Every now and then these users enter topics again to repeat the same stuff over and over instead of moving on.
Jon's been business-orientated ever since Crush, some people were just too blind to realize it back then.
And he's coming across a lot more sincere in the last 2 years than he did in his rather arrogant period in the early 2000's.

Captain_jovi 03-05-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1235392)

As a comparison:

Ryan Adams posted live footage from the studio and shared his music + on valentines day he gave away a song for his subscibers. You hear Jon's new besties - Phil and John Shanks - do some short clip and it sounds crap and staged / overproduced. You hear a real artist like Ryan Adams being in his elemnt and living his nerdy way of creating stuff und you are hooked right away.

God, what a miserable outlook on everything. You can see Phil not even knowing how to set up his phone for this and it's "staged". Two people associated with the band go out of their way to broadcast a hint of a new song, something the band hasn't done in god knows how long. Bounce? and you find the sliver of grey to harp on. Right there proves you will never be happy with this band and find things to crap on.

nikos greece 03-05-2018 08:39 PM

most of us have gone down that negative path about the band...
Sometimes because we had a hard time in real life, other times because we were unhappy about jons choices and the music in general...
we shouldnt discard a negative post by absolutely rejecting it cause many times there are truths in there and the disappointment hides a hope the band will return in its former glories.
all i m trying to say is being negative towards sth pesimistic isnt the answer imo

ps. his dads sauce was a favor to his family...
ps2 the wine is an encouragment towards his son, helping him find his path.
ps3. his charity in general is sth to be proud

Captain_jovi 03-05-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1235408)
most of us have gone down that negative path about the band...
Sometimes because we had a hard time in real life, other times because we were unhappy about jons choices and the music in general...
we shouldnt discard a negative post by absolutely rejecting it cause many times there are truths in there and the disappointment hides a hope the band will return in its former glories.
all i m trying to say is being negative towards sth pesimistic isnt the answer imo

There's a kernels of truth in every complaint but sometimes it just sounds like moping for the sake of moping. At some point you have to make a decision and there's people here I don't know why they keep coming back to complain. They have the right to but you gotta ask why come into areas of the board repeatedly to bring things down and go after the people who still enjoy it.

faith1985 03-05-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1235397)
God, what a miserable outlook on everything. You can see Phil not even knowing how to set up his phone for this and it's "staged". Two people associated with the band go out of their way to broadcast a hint of a new song, something the band hasn't done in god knows how long. Bounce? and you find the sliver of grey to harp on. Right there proves you will never be happy with this band and find things to crap on.

I havent listened to Bon Jovi for months because there is no reason to do so. Jon is copying other artists and on top writes two songs with a very similar content that is just using a few sayings. I like music when it moves me and Jon doesnt have the character depth to do so: As his son said: stay true to yourself and your product. That is just some American crap. None of what Jon has done in years has had any real substance. He uses big words in his speeches and songs but they don't seem to be more than some shallow construct to be liked. Jon has formed his own cover band with John Shanks and Phil and it is even more Jon-centered now. Has there been one show where it felt like there was 'magic' going on on stage? Jon himself said that he runs errands in his head when on stage. So we have a singer that 1. has lost two members while celebtrating himself for having a band for 30 years, 2.charges some of the highest ticket prices and doing fancy events for big bucks while pretending he is in it for the music and doing it for his fans and 3. marketing everything he can to make as much money as possible while letting himself being celebrated for doing charity and giving away a little bit of it, let alone saving taxes by having a bee farm.

Jon is so full of contradictions that he either has a split personality or is able to lie to himself really well while having people around him who believe he is the best thing ever hapened to this planet while he can only do what he does because everybody in his environment is working for him or depending on him.

Captain_jovi 03-05-2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1235410)
I havent listened to Bon Jovi for months because there is no reason to do so. Jon is copying other artists and on top writes two songs with a very similar content that is just using a few sayings. I like music when it moves me and Jon doesnt have the character depth to do so: As his son said: stay true to yourself and your product. That is just some American crap. None of what Jon has done in years has had any real substance. He uses big words in his speeches and songs but they don't seem to be more than some shallow construct to be liked. Jon has formed his own cover band with John Shanks and Phil and it is even more Jon-centered now. Has there been one show where it felt like there was 'magic' going on on stage? Jon himself said that he runs errands in his head when on stage. So we have a singer that 1. has lost two members while celebtrating himself for having a band for 30 years, 2.charges some of the highest ticket prices and doing fancy events for big bucks while pretending he is in it for the music and doing it for his fans and 3. marketing everything he can to make as much money as possible while letting himself being celebrated for doing charity and giving away a little bit of it, let alone saving taxes by having a bee farm.

Jon is so full of contradictions that he either has a split personality or is able to lie to himself really well while having people around him who believe he is the best thing ever hapened to this planet while he can only do what he does because everybody in his environment is working for him or depending on him.

Wow, you really hate the guy eh?

faith1985 03-05-2018 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1235408)

ps: yet, they are marketing it with Jon being mostly the focus and mostly Jon fans buying it
ps2: so his son needs his dad to earn a living (when I googled it there were only articles referring to Jon Bon Jovi's wine: so in the end people buy it because it has Jon's 'face' on. It is not helping his son to find his path it is using his celebrity status to let his son male a living (have you ever heard of a normal 20something-year old who does a release party at some fancy mansion with a famous wine maker?)
ps3 doing something for others and getting awards and a better reputation is perverting the thing itself. Do you do stuff because you know it is the right thing to do or do you do stuff for other people so that they tell you how awesome you are and to feel important. Jon himself said he tells his friends to do charity to 'get higher than doing drugs' his words, not mine.