Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Our Strength ... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70512)

nikos greece 02-17-2019 11:40 PM

Our Strength ...

Hi to everyone!!!

Most of you know me as a Bj addict and long long time member. the last years havent been very kind to the band. we all know the main issues that music output deteriorate. i d like to grab the opportunity suggest we as a forum, as team of hardcore fans take some initiative decide to pursue a couple things we d like jon to listen to...
We could start a poll here, and support with the rest social media our decision..for example a quite easy request would be to strongly ask for a proshot recording from every era...many artists have done it, it would be a great chance for the band to give back, the costs wouldnt be high, and could be offered through youtube for example and not physical copies..
i know many will think jon is reluctant towards these nostalgic re issues but like most people i think jon can be persuaded as most people, and may be in the process he may rediscover some of the special magic of each era...

Eveline 02-18-2019 01:51 AM

These days Jon pretends that the past doesn't exist so I highly doubt this initiative will be a success... :rolleyes:

Becky 02-19-2019 01:47 AM

I think it could be possible.

I never thought I would see a day when Bon Jovi would tour with Def Leppard opening, but that’s happening. I think Jon was very resistant toward nostalgia a few years ago because of the consistent “hair band” label. I think he’s at a point where he really doesn’t feel like he has something left to prove.

I only said possible, not probable.

YOVANAfromPeru 02-19-2019 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1251047)
I never thought I would see a day when Bon Jovi would tour with Def Leppard opening, but that’s happening. I think Jon was very resistant toward nostalgia a few years ago because of the consistent “hair band” label.

Phil Collen in a 2015 interview said that Bon Jovi / Def Leppard Tour nearly happened in 2013, but for something with Richie when he left that didn't really happen. And he also said in that interview that it would be really cool 'cause Def Leppard get on great with Bon Jovi

Alphavictim 02-19-2019 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1251047)
I think it could be possible.

I never thought I would see a day when Bon Jovi would tour with Def Leppard opening, but that’s happening. I think Jon was very resistant toward nostalgia a few years ago because of the consistent “hair band” label. I think he’s at a point where he really doesn’t feel like he has something left to prove.

I only said possible, not probable.

Aren't Jon and Joe Elliot friends? I think Joe had heard a recent-ish album (The Circle? THINFS?) pre-release and commented on enjoying it. Jon may (have) held resent against being lumped in with another 80s act from a career perspective (although Leppard themselves have fought the "metal band" label just as hard as BJ have), but I think he never personally disliked them or their music.

YOVANAfromPeru 02-19-2019 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1251049)
Aren't Jon and Joe Elliot friends? I think Joe had heard a recent-ish album (The Circle? THINFS?) pre-release and commented on enjoying it.

Yes, they are. It was THINFS album.
This pic was July 2016 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoPFpQCUMAAb3qb?format=jpg
when JBJ went to his house in Dublin “for a cup of tea and a biscuit”

Becky 02-19-2019 05:28 AM

Yes, they are friends. They’ve always gotten along well.

WhamATC 02-19-2019 10:20 AM

Now I know why Jon wanted to prove himself, can see why.

jon-flp 02-19-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1251027)
Hi to everyone!!!

Most of you know me as a Bj addict and long long time member. the last years havent been very kind to the band. we all know the main issues that music output deteriorate. i d like to grab the opportunity suggest we as a forum, as team of hardcore fans take some initiative decide to pursue a couple things we d like jon to listen to...
We could start a poll here, and support with the rest social media our decision..for example a quite easy request would be to strongly ask for a proshot recording from every era...many artists have done it, it would be a great chance for the band to give back, the costs wouldnt be high, and could be offered through youtube for example and not physical copies..
i know many will think jon is reluctant towards these nostalgic re issues but like most people i think jon can be persuaded as most people, and may be in the process he may rediscover some of the special magic of each era...

Great idea. But how can we make it happen in practice? Any idea?
I don't think only massive posts on facebook and instagram will be enough, as those medias are probably running by some marketing company to sell items.

Dicanio 02-19-2019 04:18 PM

It was only during the last tour that Matt tweeted that they did not need a Def Leppard or similar on the bill as Bon Jovi were big enough to sell out their own gigs. This was in response to being asked why Bon Jovi had such poor support acts in Europe compared to tours of old.